DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 01-17-2008, 09:09 PM

Default Need to vent

First I would like to say this isn't directly towards Remo. I have used their products for many years and love them. I have tried other brands, but I always go back to Remo.

No no, this has everything to do with their main distributor in Canada. Direct Music Supply.

I placed an order 1 month ago through my local Remo dealer for a 24" Remo Ebony Powerstroke 3. We find out it's back ordered with no ETA. Fine, I'll pick something else. How about a 24" Remo Smooth White Powerstroke 3 w/out stripes. Same thing. Back ordered with no ETA.

So, we'll try this again. How about a 24" Remo Coated Ambassador Bass. YES! We have that in stock, you'll have your head late this week or early next week.

I just called my dealer today. He called Direct Music Supply to see why my order hadn't arrive at the store yet. They told him, they had a few in stock when he placed the order. So he called them up yesterday, they don't have any in stock and it's another 2 week wait until Remo ships some more to Direct Music Supply. DMS, then has to count it, put it into inventory, then ship it to my store.

How could they tell a dealer there is a few in stock and the order has been placed, then over a week later tell my dealer it's not in stock and he has to wait another 2 weeks?

This isn't the first time I have had trouble ordering Remo, only to have Direct Music Supply screw something up. I put an entire order of heads tops and bottoms, 10, 12, 14, 16 toms, 14 snare x2, 22 bass. THEY LOST MY ORDER. It was misplaced on someones desk at Direct Music Supply. So after waiting 3 weeks which is not normal when they have their act together, my dealer finds out what is going on. They tell him they lost the order so he placed it again right there. THEN, they proceed to tell him most of the heads are out of stock and he'll have to wait until Remo ships more to Direct Music Supply

I might sound like a brat, impatient or whatever, but when you have been screwed over this many times in the severity I have. You would vent too.

Thanks for reading.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Need to vent

REMO is the "number 1" head manufacturer in the world, It absolutely normal they sometimes went out of stock. It's the glory ransom ;-)

My Kit Latest Update