DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Mystic

Default Used Pedals

Hey everyone, could any of you tell me what the downside is of buying used bass pedals, because I've been thinking of upgrading to IC's or eliminators, but I wasn't sure if getting em used is worth it, because of wear or if I should just pay full price and get them new. Well let me hear your comments and let your hearts speak. :D
Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Used Pedals

Any worn out parts on an IC can easily be had from Tama if you really like the pedal and choose to keep it. If you don't like it, turn around and sell it.

Buying new and selling right away usually results in a lo$$.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Platinum Member

I've bought 2 Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive singles, 1 DW 5000A3 single and my Off-Set double all "gently used" off eBay. No problems with any of them. If you shop well, ask questions, avoid auctions with crappy (or no) pictures, and buy current models (not a 15 year old) you'll eliminate most problems.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:42 AM
Pioneer Member

Only downside besides the possibility of it not working as well as it would new, would be the fact that there is no warranty. I dont think you can return it if something bad happens to it.

But for me, that would really be an issue, because besides sticks i havent really broken anything that i can remember drum related. As long as you dont abuse the merchandise nothing should happen.

As long as you make sure there arent any damages to the pedals and that they work ok, i dont see why you shouldnt get some.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:09 AM

Personally, I would love to find a First Generation Iron Cobra Rolling Glide again.

As to your question, I think that if the pedal is cosmetically clean and appears to be well cared for, you run a much lower risk in the purchase. I also think a lot of double pedals get sold off, probaby a lot of singles as well, due to the owner fiddle farting around with the 100 or so possible adjustments you can make to the pedal and being unable to get a decent feel out of it............. and its sold mainly due to frustration. As long as its not damaged or been attacked with a pair of pliers..... you can get a good deal that way.

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=26473