DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-11-2008, 03:24 AM

Default Sonor Force 3007 Series

Just picked it up yesterday and put it together in 5 mins today.
Hasnt been probly set-up/tuned yet, cuz its late and gata go to work tommorow.
Cant relly play cuz its in liveing room, gata get the basement ready tommorow.
But here are some pics:

By the way, this is my first drum-set ever.
Cant wait to play it, but first i gata set it up better and tune it better.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Sonor Force 3007 Series

Push your toms together, flatten out the angle of the crash a little so you can get a better crash out of it and have fun, thats a great set.
Old 01-12-2008, 03:25 AM
Silver Member

3007's for a first drum kit! Lucky! You defintly have a big advantage against other beginers in that section! Looks great man!

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 01-14-2008, 04:36 PM

I'm gana be putin some more pics up of it in the basement (with me playing it =)
It sounds relly good and its relly fun.

Any tips/things to work on as a beginner ?
It would be helpfull, thanks.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:40 AM
Platinum Member

I can offer some tips for tuning. First of all, this site is very in-depth on tuning method. If are you going to tune, replace the factory drumheads with brand new ones, this will improve the sound significantly.

That is a really nice first kit, for sure. Even for black, the finish looks great. Congratulations.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:54 PM

thanks , one thing i must ask though is how do i stop my snare from rumbleing/makeing noises when i hit my toms and kick , it annoys me. is that what the tape is for ? to tape the metal beads under the snare ? sorry im a total noob.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:00 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorPlaya View Post
thanks , one thing i must ask though is how do i stop my snare from rumbleing/makeing noises when i hit my toms and kick , it annoys me. is that what the tape is for ? to tape the metal beads under the snare ? sorry im a total noob.
The "metal beads" are referred to as snare wires, for proper terminology :) The buzzing that you get from the snare when you strike the other drums is normal. It is caused by sympathetic vibration. The frequency of another drum vibrating causes your bottom snare head to vibrate, and thus the snare wires rattle.

Most drummers just live with it and try and tune it out the best they can. Some drummers, like Billy Ward, actually work it into their overall drum sound. Playing with the tuning of the bottom snare head can help, also changing the tuning of the toms so they aren't so close in resonant frequency to the snare drum. I usually find that a higher pitched snare (with a higher top head as well) has left vibration.

Do NOT use tape. You'll only choke the drum and lose sensitivity. The wires and bottom head need to be able to vibrate freely. Also don't tighten the snare wires too much, you'll choke the drum that way as well.
Old 01-15-2008, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
The "metal beads" are referred to as snare wires, for proper terminology :) The buzzing that you get from the snare when you strike the other drums is normal. It is caused by sympathetic vibration. The frequency of another drum vibrating causes your bottom snare head to vibrate, and thus the snare wires rattle.

Most drummers just live with it and try and tune it out the best they can. Some drummers, like Billy Ward, actually work it into their overall drum sound. Playing with the tuning of the bottom snare head can help, also changing the tuning of the toms so they aren't so close in resonant frequency to the snare drum. I usually find that a higher pitched snare (with a higher top head as well) has left vibration.

Do NOT use tape. You'll only choke the drum and lose sensitivity. The wires and bottom head need to be able to vibrate freely. Also don't tighten the snare wires too much, you'll choke the drum that way as well.
Very helpfull for me, thanks.