DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-08-2008, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member

Default My "Boxing Day" order !!!

I had some cash money as Christmas gift so right on the boxing day I have decided to order some tools to help me improve. My first need was a good reliable and affordable metronome. Then I deeply neeeded a good pair of Isolation headphone w/audio.

So I ordered the TAMA Rhythm Watch 105 and the Vic Firth Stereo Isolation headphone (-24 db isolation). Then finally to complete the order to profit of the free shipping promo, I ordered two pair of VF SSG and a pair of Pro Mark Simon Philips sig. wood tip stick. I also saved the canadian taxes :-)

My Kit Latest Update
Old 01-09-2008, 03:28 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My "Boxing Day" order !!!

Cool! I love getting new goodies. I actually own those same isolation headphones, they do the job nicely but my only complaint is that they make your drums sound "fat" and larger than they are. You bass and toms sound big and boomy and the snare sounds super fat. It can be good for rock, but can get annoying for other styles or sounds.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:30 AM
Silver Member

very nice. So headphones look sick, probaly ten time's better than my cheap "hardware" store ones, but mine will do for now! :D

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 01-09-2008, 04:50 AM

Nice goodies, I happen to have the same headphones and they are great especially for click tracks and playing to recordings.
Old 01-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Pioneer Member

I use noise canceling headphones which are quite nice. You can play along with anything, but just don't get too carried away whenever you switch to play without them. Those Promark 707s are tough. I have the oak pair which I've used to play with in college band. (Me on a drum kit in a football stadium with no microphones, so volume is key here and well as durability). Don't know about the Steve Gadd ones though. I like his playing but not his kit sound at all, so I've never tried them. I pretty much gave up on Vic Firth, but then bought a pair of Heritage brushes (the purple ones, although I don't know why they are purple) and are quite happy.