DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 01-01-2008, 11:28 PM

Default Brazilian hardware sucks!

So I've had this cymbal stand, and its national (therefore cheaper).

The POS kept tilting to one side, making my crash really tough to hit.. and today I was trying to bend the top part of the stand back into place, and it breaks in my hand. Now I have no place to put my second crash until I get around to buying a new, this time IMPORTED, stand.

And my first crash stand is also messed up.. one of the wingnuts that keep the top of the stand in place insists on coming loose everyone once in a while. AND it's national. The only stand that works perfectly is my ride stand.. an imported Mapex. Surprise surprise.

(Btw I'm half Brazilian, half American, and I am not very patriotic with the former.. not a bad country, just not where I want to live)
Old 01-02-2008, 12:44 AM

Default Re: Brazilian hardware sucks!

I'm not gonna be super patriotic and say that US made stands are better, because i've never tried any except those made in the US. And I've heard in your former posts that imports are really expensive. But hey it's gotta be cheaper in the long run than buying and replacing stands constantly.
Old 01-02-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffled Tom View Post

(Btw I'm half Brazilian, half American, and I am not very patriotic with the former.. not a bad country, just not where I want to live)
If you lived in a "favela" you probably WOULD think that Brazil IS a bad country.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnysimmo View Post
If you lived in a "favela" you probably WOULD think that Brazil IS a bad country.
I live right next to one.. in the city I live in, half the space is a favela. It's kind of tough NOT to live next to one.
And I know plenty of people from favelas that love Brazil. Just because they have little to no money, the government steals funds, and their houses are ramshackle does not mean that they hate a country in which the ecosystem is vast, the cultural music is fantastic (I emphasize CULTURAL because pop music in Brazil is for the most part worse than from the United States), and the beaches are so nice.