DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Gold Member

Default Just saw VH in Vegas!

Hello Everybody!

I hope everyone here is having a great holiday season!

I just got back from 5 days in Vegas. First three were spent with the in laws, but the last 2 were just the wife and I.

Just so happens that VH was playing at the MGM right across the street from us at the Luxor. She said lets get tickets! I was so happy.

The show was pretty good. DLR is one great showman. He still is the best in the business in my opinion and his voice was absolutely great! He nailed all of his parts. He was the show.

Eddie was running around and jumping like crazy. Still a great performer! But, his playing wasn't nearly what it was 10 years ago. His speed tremelo picking was very slow and sloppy. He struggled through some parts of eruption. However, he was very solid on backing vocals and to see him play with his son was something that ou could tell was special to Eddie. He must of kissed Wolfie 10 times on the cheek at different times during the concert.

I had never seen VH live in person (although I have 5 bootleg dvds from the 80s) so I didn't really know what to expect from him. I was pleasantly surprised! His snare had that distinctive sound! He played very solid and basic beats then would put in a fill that took up the entire kit! He really accents well on the hi hat and has great speed. His solo was pretty good and you could tell he was having fun.

Dave and Eddie got along great on stage and that was great to see.

Wolfgang, did an OK job. Just what I have read. Definitely no Michael Anthony on backing vocals and does seem a bit lost on stage at times, but at 16, what can you expect? Overall, I think Wolfie will get better and better and 3 years from now, assuming DLR and Eddie can continue to get along, Wolf will be 10 times better. But, he will still not be michael anthony.

I am glad I went, the set list was amazing and the crowd was on its feet during the entire show.

Just wanted to give you my opinion of the concert. On a 1 to 10, I give it a solid 8.5
Old 12-31-2007, 08:39 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Just saw VH in Vegas!

I still think it's crazy that his son is playing with him. Talk about living the dream. 18 years old and playing with a legendary rock band in front of millions people around the world. Even my wildest dreams couldn't fathom what that must be like.