DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 12-09-2007, 07:10 PM

Default Piano Logic

A wonderful show I got on the University Channel on satellite dish.

Piano Logic and the numeric language of music.
You learn to play before you can read just as we learn to speak before we can spell. A wonderful unique and inspirational way to learn piano and the diatonic scale and the relationship between numbers and music.

Highly recommended for all musicians.
http://www.pianologic.com/
Old 12-09-2007, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Piano Logic

Thanks a lot dude. That's really cool.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:55 AM

The Piano Logic program introduces a new system of conveying music information referred to as "The Numeric Language of Music®". Through the Piano Logic Development Case Study program, people of all ages have advanced their performance ability and comprehension of music as a "Mathematical Science of Structural Form & Motion".

The Piano Logic TV Show broadcasts on the University House Channel 9411 on Dish Network and on NPG cable channel 4 in Flagstaff, AZ Saturdays and Sundays at 9:30 a.m. PST/12:30p.m.EST. There are currently 4 Episodes in the Piano Logic series.

Episode 1 teaches the numeric tonal alphabet, the seven primary chords, the terms octave, interval, the numeric sequence, how to make a major or minor chord from any key, how to make the flat 7 chord, how to play the "blues", how to compose classical music - all in a 30 minute program. Now that's PIANO LOGIC!!

Episode 2 includes a quick review, the effective application of the sustain pedal in performance, chord inversions, the basic stretch, music vocabulary based on the basic stretch, how to develop dexterity and physical coordination, and how to perform fluently in composition and improvisation. Another PIANO LOGIC 30 minute session substantially advancing your knowledge and performance abilities!

Episode 3 includes a quick review, dexterity exercises, how to make "country music", the vocabulary of rhythm, the structural foundation of the "song" and how the simple vocabulary which you have already learned was applied in the composition, arrangement and performance of "Amazing Grace".

Episode 4, includes a quick review, transposing music vocabulary to new keys, the 1-4 "shuffle" , how to change keys within the structural form of the composition, and a demonstration of how the music vocabulary which you learned from the Piano Logic TV Shows was used by Beethoven to compose the famous piano selection "Fur Elise".

The Piano Logic® program is based on author and teacher Patty Carlson's "Numeric Language of Music®", teaching music as the "Mathematical Science of Structural Form & Motion"©2007. The Numeric Language of Music, with patents pending, has dramatically simplified all aspects of music education delivering superior performance and composition ability to students of all ages. The Piano Logic program on DVD includes all chapters shown on TV plus a whole lot more! If you would like to see the Piano Logic Program Series on your local cable, PBS, or network channels, ask your local station program managers to contact the Piano Logic office at 1.800.208.1236. We would be happy to provide the stations with the Piano Logic programs.

I can now play Beethoven's famous piano selection "Fur Elise"...but much important I can tell you WHY he wrote it that way ("Mathematical Science of Structural Form & Motion"©2007.)

I understand in the language of math what it says and the rules of the music math game ("Numeric Language of Music®")

Last edited by DogBreath; 01-29-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: to merge multiple posts from the same person
Old 12-10-2007, 01:27 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Piano Logic

hmm, I may have to look into this. I can always use a few more things on the x-mas list