DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Mystic

Default Tama Iron Cobra or Pearl Eliminator

Hey I'm thinking of getting new pedals soon and I wanna know the difference between the tama iron cobra and the pearl eliminator but I've heard better things about the cobra and I noticed that danny carey and joey jordison use eliminators so tell me the pros and cons of each plz
Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Tama Iron Cobra or Pearl Eliminator

Just about everyone makes a great pedal these days. Both that you mentioned are great pedals. Your best bet is to try them out and see which you like best.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:17 PM

Firstly, before anyone else scolds you: use the search function! Now, having got that out of the way, do not buy pedals based on who endorses them (Jordison is a Pearl artist for example). Buy a pedal based on feel and construction, and this is best determined using reviews by fellow drummers.

For instance, I have Iron Cobra and Pearl pedals, and I like both. But some people find the Elims more adjustable for example. It depends what you're looking for in a pedal.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Administrator

I am using a TAYE XP-1 Pedal that I got from Justdrumsonline.com and I have to say it is fantastic. This pedal has so many adjustments that I had to reset it for daylight savings time. Try all of the major brands, and see which feels better for you. Just like cymbals you have to bang on a few and buy what your ear likes. Don't buy because your favorite drummer uses it, You are not him.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM

Just 2 days ago, after trying out DW 9000s, Iron Cobras,Yamaha Flying Dragons and Pearl Eliminators, I decided to go for the Direct Drive Flying Dragons. They are extremely adjustable and have a very responsive and, well, direct feel. And the Yamahas were cheaper by quite a way.

Just go with what feels best to you and dont be influenced by brand or endorsers.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:02 PM
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tormey View Post
Firstly, before anyone else scolds you: use the search function! Now, having got that out of the way, do not buy pedals based on who endorses them (Jordison is a Pearl artist for example). Buy a pedal based on feel and construction, and this is best determined using reviews by fellow drummers.

For instance, I have Iron Cobra and Pearl pedals, and I like both. But some people find the Elims more adjustable for example. It depends what you're looking for in a pedal.

haha sorry I'm new here and don't know where the search function is (after searching for it several times) I was pretty sure I'd get some kind of crap for this topic but I got my answer thx everyone
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I am using a TAYE XP-1 Pedal that I got from Justdrumsonline.com and I have to say it is fantastic. This pedal has so many adjustments that I had to reset it for daylight savings time. Try all of the major brands, and see which feels better for you. Just like cymbals you have to bang on a few and buy what your ear likes. Don't buy because your favorite drummer uses it, You are not him.
Ha ha!! That's awesome. I was going to mention the XP1s but it would have sounded like a shameless plug. Yes - the Taye XP1 Pedals are second to none.
Old 12-04-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Tormey View Post

And if you do choose a pedal based off of a pro using it make sure you at least know what pedal he uses (Joey uses ICs I believe) ;)

Oh and I have both also and they are both very nice. I did end up going with the ICs as my mains though.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 AM
Mystic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacyrik View Post
And if you do choose a pedal based off of a pro using it make sure you at least know what pedal he uses (Joey uses ICs I believe) ;)

Oh and I have both also and they are both very nice. I did end up going with the ICs as my mains though.
I read about it in wiki and I think he used to use IC's but now hes all pearl cuse hes got his own line of their stuff n such I could be wrong but he says (quote) "I use Pearl Eliminator pedals, and I swear by them." and I'm not basing my choice off of drummers I am just curious as to why so many of them use the eliminators but I bet I'll be satisfied with the IC's but since you have both can you tell me what separates the 2 from each other? like which one offers what and maybe the durability thx.
Old 12-05-2007, 04:37 AM
Gold Member

Out of personal preferance, i'de go with the Iron Cobra. Only bad thing about the cobra is after extreme usage it squeakes. But it's a very quiet sqeak and wont effect anything. The eleiminator is cool cause of all the differant add ons, chain or felt drives, and ect.

But what I like to do is do pedal combos. Like I put a iron cobra beater/hammer on a flying dragon before i baught my actual IC's.

But some good combos are:
Iron Cobra beater with Yamaha flying dragon
DW 9000 beater on Iron Cobra
Eliminator beater on DW 9000

But right now, I sold my iron cobras for Trick Pro 1-V Detonators. Much like the iron cobra, but faster.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:16 AM
Platinum Member

naw, Joey uses Pearl. like mystic said, he has his own line of Pearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacyrik View Post

Alex
CHRISTIAN DRUMMERS ARMY