DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-17-2007, 01:17 AM

Default Pearl Eliminator Vs Iron Cobra - What to buy??

Ive no doubt that this question has been asked numerous times, but ill ask anyway.

Ive been using my DW4000 double bass drum pedal for a few years now, and after progressing with my playing, i feel the pedal doesnt give the response id like. I played on a friends eliminator and i found it was a lot better, more responsive, and made me realise i could play double bass lines a lot better than i thought. So ive decided to get a new pedal. Ive saved up and it seems like a toss up between the Pearl Eliminator 2002C and the Tama Iron Cobra Rolling Glide. Ive heard good things about both, i was just wondering what peoples oppinions were. Ive not opted for a DW9000 as ive heard a lot of people saying how the foot boards and chains have broke very easily. Ive heard a lot about Axis pedals too, but they are a little out of my price range. I will try the pedals out in a store, but the nearest drum shop from me is quite a way. So anyway, what do you think of either of the pedals?

My Band
Old 11-17-2007, 03:17 AM

Default Re: Pearl Eliminator Vs Iron Cobra - What to buy??

This has probably been discussed only 100 times so you can search the gear thread. Personally I love my DW 5000 pedal. The power shifter's deal is a wide range of adjustibility. THe cobra is adjustable too. Try them out at your store, but they're both top quality so its really a personal choice.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:52 AM

I did a forum search and i dont think it has been discussed much so any oppinions are more than welcome. Mabye i searched wrong, im not sure. Thanks
Old 11-17-2007, 06:31 AM
Gold Member

I have the same problem, I love the P2000C powershifter, iron cobra powerglide. To me its really a win win situation, but go for whatever feels better to you
Old 11-17-2007, 08:01 AM
Pioneer Member

I have both and the Pearl really stands out. It's more adustable and rugged. It even comes with a nicer case!
Old 11-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Platinum Member

Choice between "just" those two pedals, the Pearl. Personally, I play the Yamaha Flying Dragon Direct Drive single pedal and when I play a double I use the Off-Set. http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u...4-3415_IMG.jpg You (and your feet) really need to make your own decision, so off to the drum shop you should go, and try out as many pedals as you can.
Old 11-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Silver Member

Out of those two, I'd go for the Pearl - it is on of the most adjustable pedals out there and one of the best for the money. You can't really go wrong with the Pearl, there has to be a setting for you.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:22 PM

There you go: http://www.pearldrummersforum.com/sh...ad.php?t=60291
Everything you got to know about bass drum pedals.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Pioneer Member

Eliminator has more adjustments and settings, but im just a huge fan of the Iron cobra. The feel is just amazing.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Platinum Member

between the two choices you mention, the answer is obvious_ PEARL

If you had asked about the flying dragons and the eliminators, then I'd have to think.........
Old 11-20-2007, 06:03 AM

I'd vote for the Eliminators too. ICs are great, but there's something about the feel of the Elims that I like better. The price is better too.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:29 PM

The best option (if you are not able to play the pedals) would be the pearl eliminators. It is more likely to like these pedals because they offer 4 different cams(actually 6 but the other 2 you 'll have to buy them).

But if you go with IC's without trying them, there is a big possibility to regret it.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member

You'd have to play on both to see what your feet like better, but in Tama pedals, I like the Flexi Glide better than the Power Glide.

Personally, I love the Pearl Eliminator.
I had a Tama Flexi for a while....then I played an Eliminator.

The Tama was cool, but the feel just wasn't there on it like the Eliminator for me.

I find the Eliminator fantastic in the feel and the adjustments.

Very comfortable under my foot, real smooth, and by moving the footboard in the different areas, and changing the cams you can get as much (or less) power as you'd need.

You can just tailor this thing to what you exactly want.
The adjustments are real quick to do, and the pedal is very rugged.

I've had mine for a few years (4 at least, can't remember....), and I haven't had an issue with either of my singles.

I don't need a double pedal, but if I wanted to get one (again) it would be the Eliminator without a second thought. I have an old Camco, but it's connector is in bad shape.....

The couple groups I play in don't call for any DP work, and I've worked on enough foot stuff to not really need a DP (for the normal doubles, triples etc..), which kinda makes me feel good...but it's the old battle of my LIKING not needing one, and some of the nifty stuff I could do with one.....

But, if I give in and do get one, it'll be the Eliminator.
Old 11-23-2007, 09:30 AM

Thanks a lot for the replies. Ive heard a lot about the yamaha Flying Dragons, so i might have to look into them too. The pearls did stand out to me, with things like the changable cams etc.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:50 PM

I have a set of DW5000 AD3's and some Iron Cobra Power Glide's (both double pedals).
I use the DW's as my main set and the Iron cobras I use at the "jam pad". I noticed that after an hour or so my feet get cramped on the iron cobras but never on the 5000's.
I was a IC's lover for years but the past 3 on the 5000 has made a DW girl (till something I like better comes along LOL).
I gave the IC's to a friend of mine and bought another pair of the DW's. No more foot cramps.
As for the Pearl Eliminators, great pedal but my foor kept slipping off easily. I installed the grip tap (the stair sand paper grip type stuff) to much grip, then I tried the rubber grip foot board cover thing. That made the pedal feel sluggish to me. So I sold them. That was about in 2001 or 2002. I stayed with the IC's, till the DW's obviously.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:42 AM
Rickk

I like the Iron cobra, I had DW 7000 which I didnt like. The feel on the IC is amazing to me.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Gold Member

With the Iron Cobra, Pearl Eliminator and a DW9000, you have a win-win-win. Personally, I'de go with an iron cobra (because thats the pedal I use now). But it's what you feel is best, if you like one over the other, but ike one the best, go for it.