DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 11-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Gold Member

Default A snare I get to keep for once...

This one is all mine. It's going to get proper claw wood hoops shortly but I just tossed on some of the cheapy PDP hoops I had laying around. Aircraft grade aluminum, 14 x 6, 1/8" thick...

Not sure what I'm going to do finish wise... that's just bare metal in the photo. Thought about a dark satin blue or something with a matching inlay in the hoops.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: A snare I get to keep for once...

Lookin' great, and sounds like if you take that thing to a high enough altitude it won't depressurize. :-P
Old 11-09-2007, 03:34 PM
Gold Member

It's funny.. I've contemplated doing something like what Ludwig did back in the day... They dropped their wood shells out of a biplane at 500 ft and they didn't break... I want to drop one of my Mg shells out at 10,000 feet. muahahaha!
Old 11-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
It's funny.. I've contemplated doing something like what Ludwig did back in the day... They dropped their wood shells out of a biplane at 500 ft and they didn't break... I want to drop one of my Mg shells out at 10,000 feet. muahahaha!
I'll be waiting with a large net and speedy getaway vehicle.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
It's funny.. I've contemplated doing something like what Ludwig did back in the day... They dropped their wood shells out of a biplane at 500 ft and they didn't break...
Is that true? That seems like one of the most impractical quality control measures I've ever heard of. Imagine the cost involved. Not only that, but so what if the shell survives a 500 ft. impact. What does that really mean? I'm not trying to be a killjoy, I just find that utterly ridiculous.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:26 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Is that true? That seems like one of the most impractical quality control measures I've ever heard of. Imagine the cost involved. Not only that, but so what if the shell survives a 500 ft. impact. What does that really mean? I'm not trying to be a killjoy, I just find that utterly ridiculous.
Well I'd be happy knowing that my snare could survive a fall from a plane. Then I wouldn't worry about it falling out of the back of the band's van, getting knocked over by a drunk guy at a bar etc..
Old 11-09-2007, 05:26 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Read carefully.. ."Bi-plane" as in OLLLLD

This was in the 1920's... it was a publicity stunt done by a sales guy. What ended up happening was they started advertising "Aero Kraft" constructed shells. Pretty funny really. =) http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us

hopefully that link works

Oh and TopCat, at least let it hit the ground first so I can make sure it doesn't fall apart! lol
Old 11-09-2007, 10:47 PM
Silver Member

What a great looking snare. I think the plain metal finish looks kind of cool....

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 11-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Gold Member

Oh yea.. I kinda dig the raw finish. I'd put at least a satin clear on it before ever selling one like it but since this is my own I think I'm going with a satin blue finish, wood hoops with claws and putting a matching inlay in the hoops.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:31 AM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Oh yea.. I kinda dig the raw finish. I'd put at least a satin clear on it before ever selling one like it but since this is my own I think I'm going with a satin blue finish, wood hoops with claws and putting a matching inlay in the hoops.
I'd keep it raw or maybe do a white or silver sparkle lacquer.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:25 AM
Gold Member

Well I've got 2 other shells like it that I can't really sell due to an issue with how the holes were drilled. I redrilled the 2 holes that needed to be fixed and it's perfect but I just don't want to sell an inferior product ya know?

BTW.. I did get the cymbal, thanks!! =)

With metal hoops... Picture doesn't do it justice and I'm sorry about the finger prints. Was drilling holes and what not and never polished it up.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:02 AM
Silver Member

hey, how much is the snare with the holes? if you're letting it go for cheap, I might consider....

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 11-10-2007, 04:10 AM
Gold Member

Well... I'll have to figure up the hardware. Don't have any more Trick strainers handy until I order some more. Might sell the raw shells.. shoot me a PM if you want one.