DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 11-08-2007, 12:10 PM

Default what is better?

i require some help from out there. i have the choice of buying a electronic drum kit for at home i need to know which one of these drum kits is better?

- yamaha dx express 2
or
- roland td-3kw

cheers for your help!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: what is better?

i think the roland would be the better option, but im not sure. havent tried either.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:55 PM
Silver Member

I had a DTXpress 2 and liked it. The module was nice and pretty easy to edit sounds. It has several built in songs that you can play along with, a metronome, a feature called a "groove check" that shows where you are in the groove of a song and some other neat things.

The pads are pretty sensitive and rebound well, the cymbals are the same. The pedal is awful.

I haven't played the TD-3, but I did a gig at a church and used their TD-6 and found the Roland pads to be more sensitive and the module a little easier to tune than the DTXpress 2.

The only problems I had is the bass drum pad on the Yamaha would misfire so I had to take it apart and fix it, also one of my cymbals stopped working on the edge (dual zone cymbal).

The only other thing about I didn't like is that you can only add one more pad to the Yamaha without adding another module, which I added another cymbal. I'm not sure about the Roland.

If I get another E-kit it will probably be a Roland.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:32 PM

Well.

I own a TD3 kit and really i have a really good time in it.

The pads are very sensitive, i like the sounds in it , the only think i've noticed is that the kick don't work very well in fast double bassdrum things ( at least MY kick ).

The module is very easy to use, and i like the coach mode. ( really hard sometimes XD )

well. i haven't tried yamahas. but i can recomendo you the roland one. you'll have tons of fun with it

Tama, Remo, Sabian, Vicfirth