DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Plutopowered's Avatar
Plutopowered Plutopowered is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
Default Help with Gibraltar Rack

I just bought a V Rack by Gibraltar. I really like it but I can't figure out the attachment for cymbals on the posts of the rack. The attachment just looks like it fits on the post. When I pulled it out of the box, one attachment was already on the post and I had to put the other on myself. The one I had to put on doesn't stay and it doesn't look like there's any way to make it stay.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Here are some pics:







As you can see in the bottom pic, there's no way to fasten the part to the rack but the one that came with the rack is somehow stuck on there. The pic of the part shows two screws to attach the part but my pieces don't have that.

Anyone have a rack and know what I'm talking about?

Last edited by Plutopowered; 11-05-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-03-2007, 04:27 PM
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ's Avatar
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana Swamp
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

First off, your pictures aren't showing up.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about though. I have those boom clamps attached to the top of my vertical rack poles as well. They slide on, but there is a little Allen wrench screw you need to tighten so that it will stay on.
__________________
Listen to WWOZ
Tape Op
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-05-2007, 06:52 AM
Plutopowered's Avatar
Plutopowered Plutopowered is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ View Post
First off, your pictures aren't showing up.

I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about though. I have those boom clamps attached to the top of my vertical rack poles as well. They slide on, but there is a little Allen wrench screw you need to tighten so that it will stay on.
They show up ok for me. As far as the allen wrench screw, that's what I thought but there is no way to get one in there. I think I was went the wrong part with the rack.

Anyone have a preference between the v rack and straight rack? I bought the v rack but now I'm wondering if the straight rack may be better for drum placement?

Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-05-2007, 07:37 AM
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ's Avatar
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana Swamp
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

I have the same exact attachment for my rack. In the product picture you posted, it shows that the rods tighten down with a regular drum key. However, the pic of yours (the last pic) doesn't have that rod. If it's like mine, it doesn't use the same type of rod as shown in the product pic. Mine uses a rod that is adjusted with a small Allen wrench. So either it's missing the rod that you use to tighten the clamp down (easy replacement), or it's just like mine and is hard to notice unless you look inside the hole. If it's the Allen wrench type, you'll need a small Allen wrench, not the standard size on some drum keys. What does the clamp that is already on the rack look like?
__________________
Listen to WWOZ
Tape Op
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-05-2007, 08:28 AM
Plutopowered's Avatar
Plutopowered Plutopowered is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ View Post
I have the same exact attachment for my rack. In the product picture you posted, it shows that the rods tighten down with a regular drum key. However, the pic of yours (the last pic) doesn't have that rod. If it's like mine, it doesn't use the same type of rod as shown in the product pic. Mine uses a rod that is adjusted with a small Allen wrench. So either it's missing the rod that you use to tighten the clamp down (easy replacement), or it's just like mine and is hard to notice unless you look inside the hole. If it's the Allen wrench type, you'll need a small Allen wrench, not the standard size on some drum keys. What does the clamp that is already on the rack look like?
It's exactly the same piece and that won't come off. Did your rack come with the allen wrench? I don't think I got one with my rack and that must be the problem. I have my own allen wrench and I'll see if that works.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-06-2007, 02:43 PM
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ's Avatar
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana Swamp
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

I got my rack second hand, so it didn't come with an Allen wrench. I have my father-in-law's set of wrenches here that I was using to set the intonation on my guitars, and one happened to fit that clamp (it's one of the smallest). I thought they were a fixed part of the rack until I noticed that little Allen wrench screw.
__________________
Listen to WWOZ
Tape Op
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-06-2007, 04:34 PM
Plutopowered's Avatar
Plutopowered Plutopowered is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 32
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ View Post
I got my rack second hand, so it didn't come with an Allen wrench. I have my father-in-law's set of wrenches here that I was using to set the intonation on my guitars, and one happened to fit that clamp (it's one of the smallest). I thought they were a fixed part of the rack until I noticed that little Allen wrench screw.

That's what I thought also as one piece was already attached when I bought the rack.

The allen wrench worked! Thanks for your help.

Now I'm just wondering if I should've gotten the straight rack instead of the v rack...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 AM
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ's Avatar
SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ SLEEPY BRiGHT EYEZ is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Louisiana Swamp
Posts: 1,739
Default Re: Help with Gibraltar Rack

Awesome! Glad it worked!

I always thought the V-rack was to help keep your toms in sort of an arch form. It may be more beneficial if you had three rack toms. I'm not sure. The straight rack works great for me though. You could always buy just a straight bar for your rack and see which you like better. The single bars are fairly cheap.
__________________
Listen to WWOZ
Tape Op
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com