DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 10-23-2007, 04:23 PM

Default tough decision

I've got a 6 piece Ludwig kit. I'm trying to decide on whether to add another floor tom by the hi-hay or another kick drum I'd love both but I'm trying to figure which one to get first. Any ideas. I'll set up some pics when I get a chance.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:30 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: tough decision

Do you have a double pedal already? If you do then get the floor tom and later on move to the second kick... If you don't already have the double pedal, I'd probably still go with the floor tom because it's easy enough to make do with one kick and if you want another musical voice than a new tom would *probably* be your best choice.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:33 PM
Big_Philly

Which do you need most with your current playing?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:59 PM

Ok let me start off by saying that I'm a lefty. Yes one of the cursed ones. I started played in a Carter Beauford manner. hi-hat on the left, and kick on the right. More than ten years ago I switch to the natural set up. hi-hat on the right kick on the left. Unfortunately because of the way I began I lead with my left hand. Flam fills are a bit of a bitch, because in doing them I have to lead with my right hand. I've been practicing them for years, but they still don't sound the way I'd like. That's the reason for the extra floor tom. That and I can do some pretty cool cross-overs as well.
I do have a dble kick pedal that does serve it's purpose, I like to upgrade to an iron cobra, but they tend to me expensive, also I have to find a lefty version. Damn the curse.