DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 10-05-2007, 02:03 AM
Gold Member

Default My kit..

*delete* will post pic soon..Iknow..anticlimactic!
Old 10-05-2007, 06:28 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: My kit..

very....

Old 10-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Gold Member

http://http://http://
Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Gold Member

wow, looks amazing with thoes evans heads :)
Old 10-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Gold Member

btw, im really wondering what are those heads making with the soudn fo drum, cause lately i've seen them on many many drumsets...
Old 10-06-2007, 05:30 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeq View Post
btw, im really wondering what are those heads making with the soudn fo drum, cause lately i've seen them on many many drumsets...
If you were refering to the Evans ec2's., They are a 2ply head with a built in edge material that does a fabulous job of cancelling some of the unwanted higher frequency "ring" from the drum, without killing the resonance. They make this kit sound real fat! I was always using Evans G2's on my toms, and found that I had to use moongels to flatten out the ringyness. I recommend these EC2s for heavy hitters> Hope that answered your question. Peace, and thanks for the compliments! I am looking to replace the ZBTs with a customs very soon. Will post more pics when that happens!http://
Old 10-06-2007, 07:01 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by radeq View Post
I'm using them right now on my newer kit and I quite like 'em. However, next time I refresh heads I'll definitely go straight (clear) emperors on the batter and ambassadors on the resos.

EC2s are definitely interesting heads. They give you a fat round sound and they do a good job of not erasing the tone, like some self-dampening heads can do. What I miss is the ring of the toms. They also rob you of quite a bit of volume. Call me crazy, I like my drums to sing. I was using a Genera Dry on my snare and couldn't stand it anymore...I had to have the ring back so I put a coated ambassador back on it.

Long story short...I like 'em but don't imagine I'll buy them again.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Platinum Member

Great kit BTW, love the color. How do you like the snare?
Old 10-06-2007, 08:28 AM

I hate you I hate you I hate you!!! ;p *LOL*

Man you beat me to it!!! I wanted to be the first person to post up pics of the X7 Series...Heh, I've been talking about them a lot around here...Well, everything PDP for that matter :D

As I said on HC, you have a gorgeous kit my friend, I'm so freaking jealous you got it first...I'll be picking mine up as soon as my Tour Customs sell :D

ps. Remember you can never post enough pics of those tubs...I don't mind really...I like to drool over some good drum pron every now and then :D

DAN
Old 10-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Gold Member

http://
Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
Great kit BTW, love the color. How do you like the snare?
I have said this about pdp snares in the past but,,, PDP make some of the nicest sounding stocker snare drums! excellent tuning range (as with all the drums in this series) tuned up high= piercing "woody" crack, phenom. rimshots
tuned mid to low=MEATY, still great response Just a real nice drum that I am proud to own and play.. And yeah, the finish on this kit is stunning! My posted pics don't do it much justice.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7red7 View Post
I hate you I hate you I hate you!!! ;p *LOL*

Man you beat me to it!!! I wanted to be the first person to post up pics of the X7 Series...Heh, I've been talking about them a lot around here...Well, everything PDP for that matter :D

As I said on HC, you have a gorgeous kit my friend, I'm so freaking jealous you got it first...I'll be picking mine up as soon as my Tour Customs sell :D

ps. Remember you can never post enough pics of those tubs...I don't mind really...I like to drool over some good drum pron every now and then :D

DAN
Sup 7? You found me! Yeah, I can tell you are excited to get your paws on your X7s..rightly so..Awesome sound, amazing lacquer finishes and Drum Workshop like quality!
Get 'em!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:30 PM
Silver Member

Dude,
That's a great kit for the money! The local GC sells that exact kit for about $700. It's an extreme deal! Orange sparkle, lacquer finish, 7 piece, Dw quality, can't beat it! I think it definatly knocks Gretsch catalina series out of the 1rst place spot for quality, performance, sound and appearance for the $800 price range. Congrats!
Old 10-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Silver Member

...DAMN!!!!

Where were all of these killer deals on killer kits when I first started playing ? Those are very nice. If I could have found a kit like that as my first kit, I would still have them.

Very nice, congrats.

barry
Old 10-07-2007, 01:12 AM
Gold Member

http://http://

Yeah, I got these at Guitar Center here in Wisconsin. Got a screamin' deal! They truly do blow the doors off any other shelly in the $700-$800 range! and yes folks, that includes the Catalinas. I tested them both side by side. Among about 5 other kits in that range .And IMO, Nothing in this price range even came close in sound, build and value! Hats off to PDP/Drum Workshop!

Last edited by pearlygates; 10-07-2007 at 01:22 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 PM

Nice looking outfit! I like the color. What are the shell sizes?
Old 10-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Platinum Member

SAAAAWEEEEEET! Enjoy them.
Old 10-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zambizzi View Post
I'm using them right now on my newer kit and I quite like 'em. However, next time I refresh heads I'll definitely go straight (clear) emperors on the batter and ambassadors on the resos.

EC2s are definitely interesting heads. They give you a fat round sound and they do a good job of not erasing the tone, like some self-dampening heads can do. What I miss is the ring of the toms. They also rob you of quite a bit of volume. Call me crazy, I like my drums to sing. I was using a Genera Dry on my snare and couldn't stand it anymore...I had to have the ring back so I put a coated ambassador back on it.

Long story short...I like 'em but don't imagine I'll buy them again.
so i think, that those heads are not a big deal for an AMBASSADOR FAN, like me and u :) but thanks!!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroneAmbition View Post
Nice looking outfit! I like the color. What are the shell sizes?

Thanks..I love this finish also The sizes in the previous posted photos are F.A.S.T. tom sizes: 7x8, 8x10, 9x12, 12x14ft, 14x16ft, 5x14sn, 18x22kick
I've been messing with some altenate setups This one is pretty comfy. might move the 14" floor on the left side. I'll be incorporating the 8" and 12" tom as soon as I get back over to G.C. to ear test some Zildjian A Customs. Santa is coming y'know! Sorry for the fuzzy pic...too much coffee..lol!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
SAAAAWEEEEEET! Enjoy them.
btw Ay, Sweet lookin' Maple customs!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:01 PM

Congrats on the kit!

I actually steered a student over to look at this kit at a local store here, but the sales guy pushed too hard and too quick and the kid didn't buy them.. too bad. They seem like a really great drumset..

Down here they are selling for $1999 AuD (about 1700 or so USD), so for the money you are paying for them, KILLER DEAL!

If they were that cheap here I would buy myself a set to use for gigging and leave my RC's set up at home.

Besides, I fell in love with the finish LOL..

Cheers
Old 10-07-2007, 10:23 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danander11 View Post
Congrats on the kit!

I actually steered a student over to look at this kit at a local store here, but the sales guy pushed too hard and too quick and the kid didn't buy them.. too bad. They seem like a really great drumset..

Down here they are selling for $1999 AuD (about 1700 or so USD), so for the money you are paying for them, KILLER DEAL!

If they were that cheap here I would buy myself a set to use for gigging and leave my RC's set up at home.

Besides, I fell in love with the finish LOL..

Cheers
Import fees and tariffs Ahhhggggghhhhh! Yeah, I got the 7 pc shell pack for..well, I won't tell you the price I paid, It'll just make you angry. And yeah, it is a shame that the kid didn't get these drums! They really do sound fabulous! I am some what discerning being at this for over 30 years. Peace and G'day
Old 10-07-2007, 10:58 PM
Silver Member

Awesome looking finish and set-up, PDP. You should be very proud to own such a beautiful kit. Another KILP. Congratulations! Joey
Old 10-08-2007, 10:10 AM

I can't wait to get my hands on my own orange sparkle dream kit...I seriously look at this thread a couple times a day just to swoon...I don't know what it is about this kit, but it just grabbed me from the moment I saw it...The number of drums, the appearance, that sparkle in my favorite shade of burnt orange...Couple all of that with a name like Drum Workshop (and Pacific respectively) and I was sold...I still have a picture of them that was taken at this year's Winter NAMM show as my desktop background :D

Gigging with it is gonna be a blast...This kit will match my RS1 Scion xB perfectly :D
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 AM
Platinum Member

wow, those drums are on fire ! and the car!

Why do I suddenly feel like drinking orange juice?

Seriously those are really beautiful drums! Enjoy them
Old 10-08-2007, 11:39 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7red7 View Post
I can't wait to get my hands on my own orange sparkle dream kit...I seriously look at this thread a couple times a day just to swoon...I don't know what it is about this kit, but it just grabbed me from the moment I saw it...The number of drums, the appearance, that sparkle in my favorite shade of burnt orange...Couple all of that with a name like Drum Workshop (and Pacific respectively) and I was sold...I still have a picture of them that was taken at this year's Winter NAMM show as my desktop background :D

Gigging with it is gonna be a blast...This kit will match my RS1 Scion xB perfectly :D
Yeah dude.. Looks are fab,, But the SOUND, my friend..The SOUND! Very dw!
But heckyeah...Theeyyyrre..orrrannngeorriffic!! Yeah...orange juice..mmmmmyummy!I'll be posting more pics of alternate setups at a Jam session is Friday. It's hard for me to get any really decent shots of them when they're stuffed into a phone booth sized bedroom!
What's the job situation like in Northern Cali?? Can't stand WI. Peace
Old 10-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Silver Member

Hey Pdp, I just left my local Guitar center, I was checkin' out your kit. plus they had 2 similar kits , same make pdp x7 only in red fade and blue fade. just totally killer kits for 699.00. the guy there said they were poplar mixed with some other woods, what exactly are they? they sound awesome!
Old 10-13-2007, 02:15 AM
Silver Member

Just checked out PdP's site. They are all poplar! Here's some cool pictures!
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2007, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by timebandit View Post
Hey Pdp, I just left my local Guitar center, I was checkin' out your kit. plus they had 2 similar kits , same make pdp x7 only in red fade and blue fade. just totally killer kits for 699.00. the guy there said they were poplar mixed with some other woods, what exactly are they? they sound awesome!
Yeah BAAABYYYYY! I love this kit! I'll be posting more pics tomorrow afternoon. I've got a gig with my worship band..Will be using an alternate set up for this event.. Same X7s just a smaller configuration.. another thing I love about this kit..VERSATILITY!!!
BTW: I too was at Guitar center this past Friday. Just put a deposit on some Zildjian A customs: 14" hats. 16" mt crash, 18" fast crash, 20" med ride. Scrumtious! Can't wait for those. Picking them up Nov. 11th..gotta start leaving my wallet at home when I go to G.C.!!! lol!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Pioneer Member

That set is absolutley beutiful.

Gotta be one of the most awsome finishes out there. Never thought i would like an orange

finish that much.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 AM
Big_Philly

The orange is very cool indeed! But I also started drooling when I saw that grey to black finish in timebandit's last post!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:32 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
That set is absolutley beutiful.

Gotta be one of the most awsome finishes out there. Never thought i would like an orange

finish that much.
Yeah.. you know these pics don't do any justice to the real thing! Here's some pics of a configuration I used Sunday at worship service... You just gotta hear 'em!

Old 10-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Gold Member

holy wow! those are some great looking drums man!

Its super cool that you play for your church, i would like to find a second church to attend just to play drums for them. the church i go to meets at a weird time so i could go to both :)

Myspace-Add me!
Old 10-15-2007, 01:24 PM
Platinum Member

Beautiful sparkle finish. Nice to hear that you're looking into some A Customs to compliment the kit.

Whoa man... you know you can put some of the moongel on a different drum, it doesn't all have to be on one! Some overtones are acceptable, IMO. But hey there are no rules to drumming.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollymosher View Post
holy wow! those are some great looking drums man!

Its super cool that you play for your church, i would like to find a second church to attend just to play drums for them. the church i go to meets at a weird time so i could go to both :)
Actually.. I play in 2 different bands. We don't play at any one church.. We play at retreats, Sunday worship services. Burns etc. we go all over my state and even travel outta state. But HECKYEAH..these drums are great! Any more questions about "faithbased" drumming Send me a PM
Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youenjoy00myself View Post
Beautiful sparkle finish. Nice to hear that you're looking into some A Customs to compliment the kit.

Whoa man... you know you can put some of the moongel on a different drum, it doesn't all have to be on one! Some overtones are acceptable, IMO. But hey there are no rules to drumming.
OOoo yeah..A customs..love 'em! from a whisper to a roar..soo responsive! About the overdose of moonies on my 14" floor.. Gotta work on tuning that monster a little more. Believe me, even with a whole herd of moons on that drum, it still resonates like all get out!
I'm on the fence with the ec2's
Old 10-16-2007, 03:55 PM

cool kit nice finish looks stunning i bet its nice to play.