DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 09-20-2007, 02:12 AM

Default Yamaha Tour Customs

Here are my new Yamaha Tour Customs in Ocean Blue, all maple shells, 22" bass,14x6"snare,10,12,14 toms. Has anyone else got one of these kits?

Cymbals:
14" AAX Stage Hats
16" HH Thin Crash
10" AAX Splash
16" AAX Stage Crash
20" HH Medium Ride
18" AAX Chinese
Attached Images

Last edited by seanardo; 09-20-2007 at 03:41 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: Yamaha Tour Customs

I can't see no pick-a-ma-tures
Old 09-20-2007, 02:48 AM

i do! i have some in a wine red. i'm not sure of the exact finish name but it's a red stain. i have 22" bd, 10, 12, 13, and 16" toms. i'm itching to get some new drums though.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:44 AM

Ahh I see them now, very nice, I dig that blue.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:12 AM
Silver Member

How do you like those Tour Customs? I've actually been considering getting these, but I've only seen reviews, I haven't been able to ask anyone about their kits.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:28 AM
Platinum Member

I really love your cymbal setup. I think my church drummer might use this drumset... I've never asked him though.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:42 AM
Platinum Member

Beautiful kit and comfy setup too, I'd lay some sticks on them.

Congrats :)

EDIT: Welcome by the way...

My Kit Latest Update
Old 09-20-2007, 09:42 AM
KARL MEMBER

Nice kit and cymbals!
Are those deep toms (10x9, 12x10, 14x12)?

And did it replace the Stage Custom series?

Cool, I`m always curiousabout Yamaha drums.

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 AM

I have the same kit in the same finish...I opted for the 16x16 floor tom instead of the 14" though :D Awesome setup you have there!!! :D
Old 09-20-2007, 12:59 PM

Thanks for the comments guys, makes me proud to show them for the first time :-)

Hi Karl, servus! The toms are not that deep: 10x8, 12x9,14x12 - The Tour Custom should be a step up from Stage Custom, it hasn't replaced them. I was told the Stage Customs don't really compare in sound, it's well worth the extra money for the Tour Custom.

Kung_f00 - You know what I'm going to say here - I definitely recommend the kit! It sounds great, especially the bass drum, but the snare and toms too. I had it set up next to a Tama Superstar in the drumshop and it won the head-to-head for me. It's a good quality kit at a fraction of the price of a professional kit. The hardware is fantastic, you can't do better than the YESS mounting system in my opinion.

7red7 - good choice! Have you got any pics of your kit, would be great to see them! Have you tried mounting your toms on some stands? I took my toms off the bass drum after watching this video by Bob Gatzen. Allows the bass drum to resonate more. You can do it very easily with the Yamaha HW - you just need 2 clamps and 2 stands.

http://www.drummerworld.com/Videos/bobgatzentips2.html

I have bought heads to replace the stock heads but I won't fit them yet - PS3 on bass, ambassador coated and ambassador clear reso for snare, emperors over ambassadors for the toms.

If I have one regret, it's that I would have gone for the 16x16 floor tom for playing rock music. I might add it on in a few months!

You probably can't see this, but I'm using a Phat Foot on the hi-hat. It's basically a harness that connects to your drum throne so that your weight keeps the hi-hat in place. I bought it for the bass drum, but it doesn't work with the Yamaha kick pedal, because the pedal isn't flat on the bottom. So what I did instead was, stole the Phat Foot idea and bought a velcro strap from the DIY store! The velcro sticks and adjusts under the pedal and straps to your throne. It works a treat ;-) No more carpets and cheaper than buying a Phat Foot!
Old 09-21-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanardo View Post
Thanks for the comments guys, makes me proud to show them for the first time :-)

7red7 - good choice! Have you got any pics of your kit, would be great to see them! Have you tried mounting your toms on some stands? I took my toms off the bass drum after watching this video by Bob Gatzen. Allows the bass drum to resonate more. You can do it very easily with the Yamaha HW - you just need 2 clamps and 2 stands.

If I have one regret, it's that I would have gone for the 16x16 floor tom for playing rock music. I might add it on in a few months!
Here you go!!! You can see my Tour Customs here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showt...800#post302800

I still use the bass to mount my toms, but I'm definitely open to moving them onto the stands...I have some a couple Gibralter attachments laying around so I'll give it a try :)

Funny you mention you're considering getting the 16x16 floor...I'm going to be adding the 14" to my set really soon!!! :)