DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 09-17-2007, 01:55 AM

Default CAD DMTP7 Seven-piece Drum Mic Touring Pack: your opinion, please ???

Hello guys,

I am going to mic my future drum kit and I am thinking to buy the aforementioned mic pack http://www.cadmics.com/percussion_mic_packs.htm since it is the cheapest I can afford. I am also going to buy a Behringer XENYX 1222FX mixer so that I could hear my drums without damaging hearing and practice along a CD.

I know that CAD are not the best mikes (I was told their kick mic that comes with the set is not the best in terms of sound) and I was rather advised to buy Apex DP-3 or Shure drum mic sets but they are more expensive. Moreover, I was told their (CAD's) clips are poor, either.

So my question is: what is your opinion on these mics? Meanwhile I need them just for daily practice. Will I be able to hear my bass drum? Will the clips survive for long?

I am not going to join any band earlier than next September but should I have a gig, will the audience be able to hear my drum kit with CAD mics?

And BTW what about Apex DP-3 pack - obviously this is my second choice...

Thank you in advance for your responses.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:02 AM

Default Re: CAD DMTP7 Seven-piece Drum Mic Touring Pack: your opinion, please ???

I don't know too much about the cad mics cause I have always tried to buy the best so I have a nice shure DMK but for the mixer Beringer would not be a very good descision. You get what you pay for and they aren't the most durable so I'd go with a Yamaha mixer (10 or 12 channel depending on what your mic plans are going to be).

Good luck with your sound gear setup man.

The best way that comes to mind to check out really how good the clips are is go looking around on Google to find reviews of the CAD kit you are planning on getting.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:28 AM

Default Re: CAD DMTP7 Seven-piece Drum Mic Touring Pack: your opinion, please ???

The university I went to had a set of CADs that we used to use to record the drums for our jazz band, and they sounded fine and we never had any problems with them. Sorry couldn't tell you what set it was.