DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 09-12-2007, 05:11 PM
Platinum Member

Default Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR

This just in only one gig in London no tour for the remaining Zeppelin cats hopefully they will at least make a DVD out of it.

Bonzolead
Old 09-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Just one Led-Zeppelin gig planed NO TOUR

WHAT?!?!? A gift from the hammer gods! More details, I beg you. Or at least show me where to find them. I"m reeling!

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."
Old 09-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenPastTen View Post
WHAT?!?!? A gift from the hammer gods! More details, I beg you. Or at least show me where to find them. I"m reeling!
You can just go to www.msn.com for the full details.
at least they're getting together for one show.

Bonzolead
Old 09-12-2007, 06:24 PM
Silver Member

Thanks, I did a google search after I regained my composure and caought a few details. Now if I can just sell a kidney...

Press here for my drums
"No one has bought his last drum."
Old 09-12-2007, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenPastTen View Post
Thanks, I did a google search after I regained my composure and caought a few details. Now if I can just sell a kidney...
yea nice I live in Michigan so i'm wondering which arm or leg they're wanting LOL

Bonzolead
Old 09-12-2007, 06:55 PM
Gold Member

I am not too excited about this gig. Plant and Page are just shadows of what they were. Their musical abilities were so much a part of the music. They sounded pretty bad when Phil Collins played with them in the early eighties soon after Bonham's death. They have deteriorated significantly since then.

I love Kiss also but their music isn't demanding. Even when all 4 original members rejoined in the mid 90s, they did OK. First the music is very elementary to play and they got to wear make up. Same with the Stones. Basic, great music. Jagger is in great shape still.

Zep's musicianship is essential to pull off all but their most basic songs. After hearing plant and page as of late, it is going to be incredibly sloppy unless the play Kashmir over and over.

I love Zep, but this one they should have left alone. Let the coverbands who mimic them continue to play their stuff for the fans. They do a much better job of it.

However, I hope I am proved wrong. I hope they light it up and it takes me back to yesteryear.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:28 PM
michael drums

Really?

No tour?!! :-(

Talk about gettin' all excited for nothin'! Damn!

That woulda' been somethin' to see...Play On! ;-)
Old 09-12-2007, 08:06 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikei View Post
I am not too excited about this gig. Plant and Page are just shadows of what they were. Their musical abilities were so much a part of the music. They sounded pretty bad when Phil Collins played with them in the early eighties soon after Bonham's death. They have deteriorated significantly since then.

I love Kiss also but their music isn't demanding. Even when all 4 original members rejoined in the mid 90s, they did OK. First the music is very elementary to play and they got to wear make up. Same with the Stones. Basic, great music. Jagger is in great shape still.

Zep's musicianship is essential to pull off all but their most basic songs. After hearing plant and page as of late, it is going to be incredibly sloppy unless the play Kashmir over and over.

I love Zep, but this one they should have left alone. Let the coverbands who mimic them continue to play their stuff for the fans. They do a much better job of it.

However, I hope I am proved wrong. I hope they light it up and it takes me back to yesteryear.
I seen Plant on his last solo tour he did about 6 Zep tunes sounded great,I seen Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes sounded great,I've seen Page & Plant sounded great also I do agree through when I seen Page with the Firm he was sloppy then and the Live-Aid stuff was sloppy also but I think you will be shocked with this gig ever since Page has cleaned up his act he's back to his old self again it's just cool that Plant,Page & Jones are on good terms again and with Jason no less even if they start rehearsing now that give them 2 months too work the bugs out I think everybody is gonna be shocked.It would be too cool if this turns out like Cream did a while back started out a 3 nights at Royal Albert Hall and that turned into a world tour oh lets us hope.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead
Old 09-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Silver Member

one night with Zep headlining; tickets by ballot!!! Register at ahmettribute.com, gig is a tribute to guy who started Atlantic and Zep [with Jason] are headlining, which suggests they aren't the only guys on the bill!! Only 20,000 tickets available to see the destruction of a legend......
Old 09-12-2007, 11:14 PM

pete townshend is supporting as well as two others i would love to go to see jason play moby dick but an aged zepp may be kinda sad to see
Old 09-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzolead View Post
I seen Plant on his last solo tour he did about 6 Zep tunes sounded great,I seen Jimmy Page & the Black Crowes sounded great,I've seen Page & Plant sounded great also I do agree through when I seen Page with the Firm he was sloppy then and the Live-Aid stuff was sloppy also but I think you will be shocked with this gig ever since Page has cleaned up his act he's back to his old self again it's just cool that Plant,Page & Jones are on good terms again and with Jason no less even if they start rehearsing now that give them 2 months too work the bugs out I think everybody is gonna be shocked.It would be too cool if this turns out like Cream did a while back started out a 3 nights at Royal Albert Hall and that turned into a world tour oh lets us hope.

Keep Swatting,
Bonzolead
Sounds like I might be proved wrong. I hope so!!!

I didn't know they were sounding good on that last tour. I apologize for the ignorant comments
Old 09-13-2007, 03:24 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Cable View Post
one night with Zep headlining; tickets by ballot!!! Register at ahmettribute.com, gig is a tribute to guy who started Atlantic and Zep [with Jason] are headlining, which suggests they aren't the only guys on the bill!! Only 20,000 tickets available to see the destruction of a legend......
Oh, Ok Jon! Thanks for the info...

Though, I don't think I'll be makin' it to the show! :-(

But it's gonna be a blast, I bet...Play On! ;-)

Oh, wait...did you say "destruction of a legend?"
Old 09-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikei View Post
Sounds like I might be proved wrong. I hope so!!!

I didn't know they were sounding good on that last tour. I apologize for the ignorant comments
No big deal i'm just glad John Paul Jones & Jason are jammin with Page & Plant It's how it should be.

Bonzolead
Old 09-13-2007, 04:46 PM
Platinum Member

Nope.....sorry, can't get into it. It's one thing to replace a member of a group and carry on but not after almost 30 years and with such a legacy.

What's next ? Paul and Ringo reform the Beatles? or better yet they enlist Todd Rundgren and form "The New Beatles."
Old 09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckster View Post
Nope.....sorry, can't get into it. It's one thing to replace a member of a group and carry on but not after almost 30 years and with such a legacy.

What's next ? Paul and Ringo reform the Beatles? or better yet they enlist Todd Rundgren and form "The New Beatles."
It doesn't. matter if it's 10 yrs. or 30 yrs. this is the closest to the original Zeppelin without bringing John back from the dead.excuse me for being a true Zeppelin fan of course there not 30 yrs. younger but they still created the music.give credit where credit is due.

Bonzolead
Old 09-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Pioneer Member

It has been said in the press here that if the show goes well for the band then a tour might not be far off...
Old 09-14-2007, 03:55 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanSound View Post
It has been said in the press here that if the show goes well for the band then a tour might not be far off...
Oh Really??

Well...I hope the Zep guys are thinkin' the same. That would be HUUUGE, to say the least!

Thanks for that heads-up, Titan! ;-)

...Play On!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:19 PM

why wouldn't they tour?.....ch-ching!!! $$$$$
Old 09-14-2007, 04:29 PM
Pioneer Member

Well tbh if I was in a band that massive and I knew how loved the band was, I could not tease my army of fans with one measly show. One last world tour to call it a day and play too as many people as possible would be in order!

I don't really think they need the money though. More than 300 million albums sold worldwide is quite a lot ;)
Old 09-14-2007, 05:12 PM
Pioneer Member

I doubt they've got the inclination to go through the stress and bother of anything more than one show, which they've said they're only doing in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun (sp).

I agree that it is disappointing, particularly as this show is necessarily an industry orientated affair ie. too many tickets being allocated to corporate hospitality and industry dickheads, whilst the plebs are left to fight it out for whats left of the tickets.
It would be a nice to gesture to their army of loyal followers to make the effort for them. A week of shows at the new Wembley would kick arse.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
I doubt they've got the inclination to go through the stress and bother of anything more than one show, which they've said they're only doing in tribute to Ahmet Ertegun (sp).

I agree that it is disappointing, particularly as this show is necessarily an industry orientated affair ie. too many tickets being allocated to corporate hospitality and industry dickheads, whilst the plebs are left to fight it out for whats left of the tickets.
It would be a nice to gesture to their army of loyal followers to make the effort for them. A week of shows at the new Wembley would kick arse.
It would be nice if they did what Cream did 3 nights at Royal Albert Hall and a mini US tour.Just as long as they can get within a 500 mile radius from Detroit.I'll start praying tonight LOL.

Bonzolead