DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 08-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Default New Lid

so i picked up a new cymbal today with my months pay. it was a choice between a Zildjian A Custom 18" Crash or an Avedis 18" Medium Thin Crash Brilliant. i chose the avedis. its really bright sounding with lots of "sparkely" overtones. Also have a new set up. check it out. but wait, there's more! i got snare on the drumline. i went from cymbals to snare (thats never happened) so i brought home by girl jasmine. oh check out my band too, we put up two new songs, thats me singing by the way. www.myspace.com/germband

masters place

jasmine

crash
Old 08-25-2007, 05:20 PM

Default Re: New Lid

Ooh I love the set :)

And nice marching snare haha. Our drumline uses those same exact White Pearls (Well, used to use, we're getting new Yamaha drums soon)
Old 08-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Platinum Member

Your cymbal collection is coming along really well. Your kit looks like pooh next to those beautiful zildjians.(not that it is, it's just that they're plain brown. superstars I belive?)

Old 08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcobra View Post
Your cymbal collection is coming along really well. Your kit looks like pooh next to those beautiful zildjians.(not that it is, it's just that they're plain brown. superstars I belive?)
some type of metallic color with a bit of sparkle. I likes it.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Big_Philly

Not the most fascinating finish available on superstars, but I bet they sound great ('cause that's what superstars do).
Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 PM

yeah bro i know how that is! I played cymbals when i was a freshman too then before sophmore year i practice my butt off and made quints! I really dig your cymbals too!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:00 PM

You should angle your cymbals a bit-playing them flat like that tends to crack them...
Old 08-25-2007, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
You should angle your cymbals a bit-playing them flat like that tends to crack them...
my cymbals look high. they're actualy quite low. i find that if i angled them it'd be really un-nessisary. they used to be high, and i didnt angle them, and then i got worried so i just lowered them. i dont like angled cymbals to tell you the truth.

and yes, my drums look like pooh. but sound like flowers. they're so beautiful sounding with the extra extra muffling. it looks silly but it's not.

i also picked up a chain at jakc's today for my k. haven't put it on yet but man i can't wait.

my next projects: 19" k china, 18" floor tom, some kind of aux. hats. i'm thinking 13" k/z's, or 13" quick beats. oh and some sick-ass dj lights to rave it up at band practice.

p.s. never put a strobe light next to your drums, bad idea.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Platinum Member

Cool cymbals, but if you want the to stay nice May I suggest some top felts or maybe some new sleeves - the ones on there look pretty worn.

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 08-26-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijjibo View Post
Cool cymbals, but if you want the to stay nice May I suggest some top felts or maybe some new sleeves - the ones on there look pretty worn.
ya i am in desperate need of new sleeves. i have to call up kaman and make an order of them. but felts im all good on. if i ever need top ones i have like a bajillion in my junk cabinate.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:54 AM

I hope you value those custom session hats ya got there. Those sound great for anything.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:43 AM
Silver Member

Love the music man. I don't know what you're like live, but I suggest jumping around a bit more, and not doing the guitar solo bow down thing :P. Lol, enough of the critics, I love the Aaron Gillespie/ Brandon Saller thing you have going on there, and the cymbals, woah!!!!

Endorsements are hard to come by. Anyone???? :p
Old 09-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdrummer1 View Post
Love the music man. I don't know what you're like live, but I suggest jumping around a bit more, and not doing the guitar solo bow down thing :P. Lol, enough of the critics, I love the Aaron Gillespie/ Brandon Saller thing you have going on there, and the cymbals, woah!!!!
thanks dude, ya it was our frist time so they were a bit nervous. but ya, next time they're fricken going to like shoot some one. ya dude, aaron and brandon are like two of my big influences. my singing isn't amazing as there's, but i still try. we got a vocalist though too. my fun went down the drain. those damn front men! no but i'm doing back up. and i won't saying anything about my cymbals. if i do, i'd break down in tears. i love them to death. i'm debating though if i should get another crashy/ride, or a solid ride. -boxcar