DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 12-30-2007, 12:59 PM
nhzoso

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

WOW, another great game.. I must admit I was on the edge of my seat and started to get worried that it was not gonna happen when they were down by 12 and the Giants Off. was looking unstoppable.

The whole game I was wondering why they were not blitzing Eli more, then finally late in the 3rd and into the 4th they did. Definetly the best game Eli has ever played. Was waiting for him to start rushing his passes and forcing the ball like he always does but he maintained his poise till the end of the 4th.

single season scoring record,16-0, 50td's, and 23 td rec. WOW.. Doubt we will ever see a season like that again. Maybe 1 or 2 of them but not all 4 records. The safest record here I would guess is Moss's 23td rec. To me that is just unbelievable. I read somewhere that Jerry Rice was going to congratulate Moss on the record which made me wonder why would he not??

Hopefully they can take a week off and rest up and carry this all the way through to the SB.. It's a tough road ahead but should be great to watch.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:57 AM
nhzoso

I think Indy got the better seed at #2 this year. They play the winner of S.D. and Ten.??

And the #1 seed plays the winner of Jax and Pitt.

Well I guess if your gonna try for 19-0 ya may as well beat the best.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:06 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
I think Indy got the better seed at #2 this year. They play the winner of S.D. and Ten.??

And the #1 seed plays the winner of Jax and Pitt.

Well I guess if your gonna try for 19-0 ya may as well beat the best.
Oh, come on nhzoso. The Pats are 16 - 0, and you STILL have something to rag about?

Geessshhh...Whata ya expect the Pats to be seeded, man?! They haven't lost a game this year(which I did NOT expect when I predicted that they would lose a game), so that would OBVIOUSLY make them the #1 seed. Right? :-|

Oh, btw...I wouldn't put "all" your money on the Pats. They're in for a little surprise in the near future. ;-)

Happy New Year! :-)

Last edited by michael drums; 01-03-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Silver Member

My first round predictions -

AFC
Chargers will destroy Tennesse in a blowout....
Jags will upset the Steelers....IMO a very dangerous team that can hang with Indy and the Pats....

NFC
Seattle will beat the Skins....I don't want the Boyz to face a division rival like the Skins....
G-man will beat the Bucs....doesn't matter cause neither team scares me...

Then round two the real games begin :)
Old 01-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Silver Member

yea i pretty much agree with lineardrummer in his predictions...

I think with the way LT is playing now and how phillip rivers isnt playing horrible, the old chargers are back from last year and will tear up tennessee without vince young. (is this true?)

yea and i think the jags'll beat the steelers again. Their rushing attack is ridiculous and we saw how they just tore up the steelers front. I think the jags will edge past the steelers in a close one.

Seattle - Skins is a tough one to predict. Not really sure if hasselbeck is gonna play flawless or not. But with the consistency of the skins playing lately, and their incredible heart, i think they'll pull through.

And for the Gmen, yea i think they'll win it with eli manning suddenly getting a huge confidence boost after that very good performance against the best team in the league.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
I think with the way LT is playing now and how phillip rivers isnt playing horrible, the old chargers are back from last year and will tear up tennessee without vince young. (is this true?)
Young says he'll play but 90 percent of his game is scrambling and if he can't run hes useless....Fisher said yesterday all he did was throw and not run at practice...

Of course they could be playing cat n mouse and hes healing up....

I remember a couple of years ago the Boys played the Skins and Gibbs said his top three corners were hurt, couldn't practice and were very doubtful for sunday....and ofcourse they all played and played pretty good at that and we lost....
Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 AM

Well Parcels went right to work, giving the axe to 17 people including Scam. Now we wait and see.

I agree with lineardrummer's first round predictions save that I belive the Bucs will beat the Giants by double digits.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:09 AM
nhzoso

My predictions.

I think Jax will beat pitt. in what should be a great game, as a Pats fan I am not looking forward to playing the Jags I kinda hope pitt. wins. : )

S.D. should win but I don't think it will be a blowout. I just don't trust Rivers yet.

Seattle should beat the Skins but this is pretty much a toss up

I think the Bucs will blowout the Giants, I see Eli returning to form.

Bellichick coach of the year who did not see that one coming?
Old 01-07-2008, 03:40 AM

Well, wildcard weekend was fun, as expected. My rather disorganized thoughts on each game are as follows:

The Jags came was excellent. I was screaming at Del Rio to not toss the challenge flag and burn their last T, but it turns out that it didn't matter. Great game.

The Pats almost got a gift from the Chargers, but LT came to play in the second half.

I was shocked to see Eli perform as he did. Shocked. I was expecting a full meltdown. I'm quite impressed. Though not likely, one can't help but think about the possibilty of a Manning vs. Manning Superbowl.

And 'Hawks won. No real surprise. They will probably get knocked off at Lambeau (sp?).

Can the Jags beat the Pats? Yes. Will they? I don't know. My guess is no. But it will be close, and I do think that Indy will take them out if Jax doesn't.

Official predictions for next week:

Green Bay over Seattle, Dallas over New York, New England over Jax, Indy over San Diego. No upsets unless T.O. doesn't play. Romo really isn't that special without him.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:17 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
My first round predictions -

AFC
Chargers will destroy Tennesse in a blowout....
Jags will upset the Steelers....IMO a very dangerous team that can hang with Indy and the Pats....

NFC
Seattle will beat the Skins....I don't want the Boyz to face a division rival like the Skins....
G-man will beat the Bucs....doesn't matter cause neither team scares me...

Then round two the real games begin :)
Wow!

Great prediction, Linear! Well Done! ;-) Though I wouldn't consider the 17 - 6 victory for the Bolts a "blow-out"! Not that it matters.

Anyway...

1.) I like the Packers @ home by 7 against the Seahawks.

2.) I like the Patriots @ home against the Jags. By, at least, 14.

3.) The Colts over the Bolts by, at least, 10.

4.) The 'Boys, at home, over the Giants. By 10.

Yep. Goin' with all the hometeams in round two!

Play On! ;-)
Old 01-08-2008, 03:51 PM
nhzoso

3 out of 4 not too bad..

For the next round I like

Pats 45 Jags 27 ( I will be at this game : )

Colts 42 Bolts 14

Cowboys 31 Giants 27

Packers 24 Seahawks 23
Old 01-09-2008, 01:49 AM
Silver Member

3 out of 4 too...

Next week:

Pats 41 Jags 38 I think the pats defense is a little suspect after having given up 35 points to the questionable giants... i mean come on... that jags have a ridiculous running attack and the pats run defense isnt impressing me... still, though, the pats offense is just unstoppable imo and they'll score big.

Colts 24 Chargers 16... Relatively low scoring game. Both defenses are quite fast and effective. Im looking for the Colts being able to stop LT and Rivers not having such a great game against the Colts secondary. With all the Colts, weapons on offense, i think they'll come out on top.

Cowboys 27 Giants 14 Manning's been good lately...whats the deal, hes not his usual self. I think hes gonna stick to what he knows best and throw a couple picks, and play bad enough so that the Cowboys will get an easy win..

Packers 27 Seahawks 24 This is a toughy... I think they Packers defense can hold the seawawks to just enough points so that the packers win.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:12 AM
Silver Member

Heres mine

Pats 38 Jags 17 - I know everyone thinks the Jags are the type of team that will give them probelms cause of their physicality and running game (myself included) BUT I've changed my mind here cause I really think the Pats are gonna come to play....
Groceryman - there is no way the Jags can put up 38....they are not that kinda offense....

Colts 34 Bolts 17 - Rivers IMO is not a good QB and the Colts with their speed and pocket hercules on defense Bob Sanders, they will key on LT and stack the run and make Rivers beat them....which he won't....

Cowboys 27 G-man 24 - I'm as big of a DC homer as it gets however their focus at the end of the year has been very disappointing.....it will be a struggle but I do think they will win....but its very hard to beat a division rival 3 times in one year....TO will play well and we'll pull it off at the end after trailing and Jessica will be jumpin up and down with joy :P

Packers 24 Hawks 23 - should be a dogfight right down to the end of the game....somebody will probably kick a game winning FG....I think Favre will work his magic one more time at the end....

There U have it....
Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Pioneer Member

Huge Giants fan over here. This game against the cowboys is gonna be tough, but i do think we can win. Considering how close of a game it was against the Pats, i think we can win it. Especially if Toomer plays the way he did last game.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:32 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
Huge Giants fan over here. This game against the cowboys is gonna be tough, but i do think we can win. Considering how close of a game it was against the Pats, i think we can win it.
U R dreaming....

Quote:
Especially if Toomer plays the way he did last game.
Actually its all about how well Eli plays.....

Should be a good game thou.....
Old 01-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Senior Consultant

Tom Brady played a perfect game last night. He was 26 of 28 with his passes and those 2 incompletions were the result of drops by his receivers. The Jags had a great plan and they did everything right, yet they still lost.

Tom Brady is an immortal. We will be telling our kids how we saw him play.

I'm a Giant fan but greatness like that has to be honored.
Old 01-13-2008, 03:35 PM
Silver Member

yea... Brady played a little too perfect last night.... There was no possible way they could lose with Brady playing like that. Plus they were as balanced as you can possbily be, with Maroney rush 22 times for 122 yards and a touchdown... And, surprisingly, their rush defense played real well, allowed under 100 rush yards to probably the best rushing team in the game. Lets see, the pats can score above 40 at will, and keep their opponents one dimensional. I dont know how you can beat that team.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:19 PM
michael drums

Uhhh...

The Jags may of had a great plan last night...but what did they do with it at half time??

They musta lost it in the locker room between halfs 'cause they came out flat in the third quarter, and stayed that way the rest of the game. UGH!! :-(

It amazed me how different the Jags were in the second half. What they were doing was working, and it looked like they were trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

I'll take nothing away from the Pats, but the Jags let that game slip away!! The Pats looked as beatable as they have all year, but the Jags looked "tired" down the stretch. On BOTH sides of the ball!

Even though Tom Brady played a VERY efficient game, they DID look vunerable! And if they play this way against the Colts next week, it's gonna be syanara Patriots!

Now...

bring on the Colts & Bolts

&

the 'Boys & G-Men! ;-)
Old 01-13-2008, 10:17 PM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Uhhh...

The Jags may of had a great plan last night...but what did they do with it at half time??

They musta lost it in the locker room between halfs 'cause they came out flat in the third quarter, and stayed that way the rest of the game. UGH!! :-(

It amazed me how different the Jags were in the second half. What they were doing was working, and it looked like they were trying to fix something that wasn't broken.

I'll take nothing away from the Pats, but the Jags let that game slip away!! The Pats looked as beatable as they have all year, but the Jags looked "tired" down the stretch. On BOTH sides of the ball!

Even though Tom Brady played a VERY efficient game, they DID look vunerable! And if they play this way against the Colts next week, it's gonna be syanara Patriots!

Now...

bring on the Colts & Bolts

&

the 'Boys & G-Men! ;-)
Ahem...

You were saying?

It looks like the much hyped matchup will not happen this year.

I guess when the Pats tear the Chargers to shreds next week, you'll come up with some other reason why they aren't so great.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:14 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
Ahem...

You were saying?

It looks like the much hyped matchup will not happen this year.

I guess when the Pats tear the Chargers to shreds next week, you'll come up with some other reason why they aren't so great.
Well...

sounds great to hear you toot your own horn there, Jeff! :-|

And to be honest, the Colts didn't desreve to win that game. They had NO running game and became VERY one dimensional. And their defense was on their heels for most of the game.

They put NO pressure on Rivers, ESPECIALLY on the 3rd down/long yardage plays, and when you let that happen, so goes the momentum.

The game really changed after Harrisons' fumble, and I don't think the Colts really recovered from that. If MH holds on to that catch...that changes the game, and probably the outcome. Colts win 31 - 28. But that's neither here nor there now.

Congrats to the Bolts! Hats(helmets) off to them!

Though they're gonna need a lot more miracles next week...

Play On! ;-)

P.S. Go Cowboys!

Last edited by michael drums; 01-13-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 PM
michael drums

Oh, and btw Jeff...

I didn't see your predictions!

Guess you feel safe just not giving any, huh??

You stay quiet 'till you can pounce on someone. :-(

I never said I was immune from gettin' it wrong every now and then.

I'm still workin' on perfection, and got a LOOOOONG way to go...

Play On! ;-)
Old 01-13-2008, 11:39 PM
Senior Consultant

You're just pissed cause the Pats are going to win it all and u know I've been saying that the Pats were the team to beat all year.

Funny thing is: I'm a Giant fan. I just love some good ole' fashioned ball-busting. C'mon it's all in fun.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:09 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
You're just pissed cause the Pats are going to win it all and u know I've been saying that the Pats were the team to beat all year.

Funny thing is: I'm a Giant fan. I just love some good ole' fashioned ball-busting. C'mon it's all in fun.
I'm not upset about the Pats success. Not at all.

I just wanna see some competition against them, and lately there has been.

Though their opponents seem to falter down the stretch. The Pats play 60 minutes of football. The other teams...uhh...'bout 50! :-(

Uh Oh...The Giants just scored! G-men 21, 'Boys 17, in the 4th...

C'mon DALLAS!! :-|

Oh, and Jeff...I would be impressed if you picked the Pats...BEFORE they started winning all those games in a row and running up the scores!! ;-)
Old 01-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Pioneer Member

Yeah Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:00 AM
Senior Consultant

Quote:
Yeah Giants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 02:02 AM
michael drums

UGHHH...

Well, there ya go! :-(

My year is over! My 'Boys are done!

Geeezzzz...Now what am gonna do?? :-(

Congrats, G-men!

Good Luck against the Pack...

Play On! :-(
Old 01-14-2008, 02:21 PM
Silver Member

Oh man, those were some entertaining games :P. Ah man im sooo surprised Eli is in the championship game and Peyton isnt! But you have to give Eli credit, i mean 4 TD's no picks in the postseason, he sure as hell played a lot better than peyton this postseason.... surprising....

Oh man... Pats are winning the SB, chargers cant beat em... and the pack cant beat em... 19-0 is just around the corner....
Old 01-14-2008, 02:57 PM
nhzoso

What agame. I am just recovering from it. I live about 1.5 hrs from the stadium and the game was over at 11:30 and we did'nt get home till 4am..had a blast though. It was a perfect night for football.

Brady was unbelievable again! It's amazing how cool he is under pressure. That pass to Stallworth was sweet. The Jags were dropping 4-5 deep every play so rather than force it deep he stuck to the plan and killed them slowly.

Garrard played much better than anyone expected, good move they made by finally cutting leftwich. They will be a team to reckon with in the future.

Was T.O. Crying after the game??? LOL what a wuss.

I feel a little better playing the Bolts instead of the Colts but this is the NFL so the Ol Any given Sunday applies here. Plus the way the Colts played was horrible, no sense of urgency at all. I think they are happy with last years SB.

I think G.B. Pats would be an excellent Superbowl. The Pack looked very good. Pretty sure this is the game the NFL wants because it will get the highest ratings for a SB ever IMO.
Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 AM
michael drums

Well...

The Pats over the Bolts was no surprise. 'Cept for maybe the score. I thought the Pats would score more than 21, though it's more than enough when the other team can't find the end-zone. Trading field-goals for touchdowns, is NOT the strategy to use against the Patriots. 4 field-goals = 12 points. 3 touchdowns = 21 points.

Hmm...Seems like simple math to me. ;-)

But...

the Giants beating the Packers, at Lambeau???

Now THAT'S a bit of an upset! :-O

Though, I have to admit, the G-men played tough the whole game, especially down the stretch. And SHOULD of won it anyway, in regulation. Tynes DID redeem himself with a great 47 yarder in O.T.

Well Done, Giants!! ;-)

But I can't see them beating the Pats in SB 42. REALLY...I can't!!

But I HAVE demonstrated that I can "miss the boat" on predicting games...ESPECIALLY this year! Ughhh... :-(

Though I'm still picking the Patriots! How could I not??

Congrats Pats & Giants!!

May the best team win!! ie...The Patriots! ;-)

Last edited by michael drums; 01-22-2008 at 03:36 AM.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Senior Consultant

GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!!! GIANTS!!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:32 AM
nhzoso

Good games, very COMPETITIVE : )

So now it's My beloved Pats vs the New Jersey Giants..

Should be a good game but I gotta think Bellichick with 2 weeks to prepare for a team he just prepared for 3 games ago is a great recipe for success.

GO PATRIOTS!!!
Old 01-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Silver Member

Yeah,
but I'm not sure they deserve to go 19 and 0 with the cheating and all. I know all teams supossedly do it, but Belichek wasn't very smart about it. His old assistant (forgot his name) was on the team he was filming. The guys knows all Belichek's tricks and called him on it. The Pats are great, but the '72 Dolphins didn't lose a game without any discrepencies. It would be nice for the first team to go undefeated since Miami, does so without and asterik by their name.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:44 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
Yeah,
but I'm not sure they deserve to go 19 and 0 with the cheating and all. I know all teams supossedly do it, but Belichek wasn't very smart about it. His old assistant (forgot his name) was on the team he was filming. The guys knows all Belichek's tricks and called him on it. The Pats are great, but the '72 Dolphins didn't lose a game without any discrepencies. It would be nice for the first team to go undefeated since Miami, does so without and asterik by their name.
Whatever has been said happened in the 1quarter of the 1st game of the season. Of course there will be haters who will use it to say things like this but true fans know that the video gate thing had no effect on them winning the last 18 games.. There will be no asterisk, only fans of other teams whining about there should be one..

Maybe if LT played as much as he talks the Chargers could have beat them. I gained alot of respect for Rivers going out there an battling on gimpy knees but LT wimped out IMO.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:25 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Good games, very COMPETITIVE : )

So now it's My beloved Pats vs the New Jersey Giants..

Should be a good game but I gotta think Bellichick with 2 weeks to prepare for a team he just prepared for 3 games ago is a great recipe for success.

GO PATRIOTS!!!
I wouldn't call the Pats/Bolts game COMPETITIVE! :-(

The Bolts didn't score a TD!! DUHHH....

Apparently we have a different definition of competitive.
Old 01-22-2008, 03:30 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
I wouldn't call the Pats/Bolts game COMPETITIVE! :-(

The Bolts didn't score a TD!! DUHHH....

Apparently we have a different definition of competitive.
UMMM Yeah I guess we do. Are you saying they need to score a TD to be competitive? Because if you are there are a whole bunch of other aspects to the game, defense, special teams, coaching etc. etc. Not sure exactly what your trying to say so if I miss something than I am sorry.. Then again adding the phrase DUHHHHH at the end of that statement kinda says that to you a TD clearly needs to be scored to be competitive.. Also says a few other things but I will leave that alone.

Quote:
Well...
3 field-goals = 12 points. 3 touchdowns = 21 points.

Hmm...Seems like simple math to me. ;-)

-)

Seems we also differ on how many points a field goal is worth...LOL
Old 01-22-2008, 03:34 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Seems we also differ on how many points a field goal is worth...LOL
Fair enough.

I did mean four(4) field goals.

I expected someone perfect, like you, to notice that!

Nice! ;-)
Old 01-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Silver Member

Wow, its all come down to this game. I think SB 42 is gonna be really competitive, and a heck of a lot closer than some people might think... I mean, the Giants only lost by 3 their first try at the perfectionists and now they get two weeks to prepare for their second try. We already saw the giants redeem themselves for 2 losses against the cowboys. So i wouldnt rule out the giants. They can put some mean pressure on brady with just their front 4. And Eli is still playing flawless (no picks!) in the postseason, something even Brady couldnt do (hes got like 2 or 3 picks?).

So i think its POSSIBLE, but maybe not likely, that the giants beat the Pats.
Old 01-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Silver Member

I'm not gonna front man I am SOOOO dissapointed in the Cowboys lost that I can't even watch football anymore this year....that was a hard one to take.....

BUT my friend who is a Pats fan is throwing a Superbowl party and she has an Italian beauty queen friend thats gonna be there who is drop dead gorgeous .....

Guess I can force myself to watch one more game :D
Old 01-25-2008, 06:23 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Whatever has been said happened in the 1quarter of the 1st game of the season. Of course there will be haters who will use it to say things like this but true fans know that the video gate thing had no effect on them winning the last 18 games.. There will be no asterisk, only fans of other teams whining about there should be one..

Maybe if LT played as much as he talks the Chargers could have beat them. I gained alot of respect for Rivers going out there an battling on gimpy knees but LT wimped out IMO.
For one thing, I'm not a hater. For another thing, my dad played in the NFL for 9 years (Bob Whitlow, center, Detroit Lions) so I believe I can be considered a "true fan." I think maybe you should do a little research before you go off and act like you know what you're talking about. Belichick was fined $500,000 dollars by commissioner Goodell, and the team $250,000, plus losing a first-round draft pick (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338).
Old 01-25-2008, 06:48 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
For one thing, I'm not a hater. For another thing, my dad played in the NFL for 9 years (Bob Whitlow, center, Detroit Lions) so I believe I can be considered a "true fan." I think maybe you should do a little research before you go off and act like you know what you're talking about. Belichick was fined $500,000 dollars by commissioner Goodell, and the team $250,000, plus losing a first-round draft pick (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3018338).

Oh well.... if I would have known your dad was a player than I would never have questioned anything you said..Please pass your views onto ESPN and the media so a bunch of others don't make the same mistake I made.

Hmmm Mercury Morris was on Cocaine...Does that count for an asterisk?? Did the cheating help the Pats win the last 18games?? I know all about the fines and draft picks. So whats your point? How much of a fine is enough for this thing that was blown way out of proportion?

I don't know what you mean by saying I need to do research?? What do I need to research? I don't have a dad who played in the NFL but I don't think you have enlightened this with any new information.

The funniest part of this is the Pats lost their 1st rd pick, yet still end up with the 7th overall pick...LOL I can't wait for the crying to start in April when the draft rolls around.

It should be a great Superbowl, I just hope the Pats can pull it off.