Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 12-05-2007, 11:59 PM
michael drums

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

[quote=nhzoso;385120]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post

But you can't just hand it to them like, I believe, the referees did on the TD pass from Brady to Gaffney! Gaffney did NOT have control of the ball in bounds. That play should of been reversed after review. Not to mention the call against Rolle that was absolutely ridiculous!

Yes...the better teams seem to get the breaks and the luck, I'm well aware of how momentum operates. But there IS a limit to how much of it "should" be allowed to affect the outcome of "important" games(situations). Isn't there?
QUOTE]

Well the TD was not clearly a catch and it was not Clearly a bobble, maybe you see it as a bobble and I see it as a catch. If you asked 500 people chances are it would be 50/50, so thats not clearly a gross call in favor of the Pats. In fact the announcers said you can only go so far with instant replay, he even said something to the affect that if you had a microscope maybe you could tell. I can't blame a ref for a call like that.

The call against Rolle was in fact a penalty as the rule is written, is it always called NO. But it's still a penalty.

Maybe the Ravens lost because they decided to not kick a FG when they were in range and threw a stupid INT., Maybe it's because their def. coach called a TO after they had Brady Stopped on 4th down, Maybe they should have gotten 1 1st down in the 4th quarter.

Mark Schlereth said it best on sportscenter today, the league, players, coaches and fans are becoming a bunch of whiners. The Ravens take the cake though, my god what a bunch of cry baby's. Maybe if they played that hard all year they would not be 4-8. I can see crying foul during and even a few hours afterwards because it is a very emotional game but to have 24hrs go by and still be crying about being called Boy, well thats ridiculous.
Clearly...

you are a Patriots fan.

I'm a football fan that gets what's going on in the NFL today. But I do have a favorite team,(Cowboys) but I don't look at the league with the wrong end of the telescope.

Try looking at the whole picture with a non-biased eye.

Yes, the Ravens are crying foul. Yes, they could have done a few things differently in the game. But that doesn't justify having questionable calls against them in a close game like that. And I'm not even a Ravens fan OR do I dislike the Patriots.

I'm particularly talking about the officiating. And the lack of making the calls EVEN when reviewed. THAT'S what's ridiculous. There's too many games being affected by the referees. Though I do like what Jeff said! ;-)

And that's the last time I'll mention this game, 'cause like I've said before, it's over, and there's nothing you can do about it...except improve the officiating! But that may be futile!

Cya! ;-)
Old 12-06-2007, 01:20 AM

I am so sick and tired of hearing about questionable calls. There were a few that went the raven's way too, you know...and those calls happen every week to every team. Part of being a PROFESSIONAL football player is understand that questionable calls are now and always will be a part of the game. it is what it is. Nothing can be done about it. The ravens could verily easily have won if they played all four quarters of that game. They decided however, that getting first downs in the 4th q was not a big deal and they lost the game because of it. Some bad calls by the coaches didn't help either,m and poor defensive play that last drive takes the sake. But the officials have NOT handed the pats a game this season. If you want an example of officials handing a game to a team, how about them colts? They have gotten more gifts the last two years than the rest of the teams combined.

Quit crying about bad calls. First of all, there weren't many, and second of all, it is a part of the game and these players make MILLIONS of dollars a year to learn how to overcome and bounce back from a bad call.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:27 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt986 View Post
I am so sick and tired of hearing about questionable calls. There were a few that went the raven's way too, you know...and those calls happen every week to every team. Part of being a PROFESSIONAL football player is understand that questionable calls are now and always will be a part of the game. it is what it is. Nothing can be done about it. The ravens could verily easily have won if they played all four quarters of that game. They decided however, that getting first downs in the 4th q was not a big deal and they lost the game because of it. Some bad calls by the coaches didn't help either,m and poor defensive play that last drive takes the sake. But the officials have NOT handed the pats a game this season. If you want an example of officials handing a game to a team, how about them colts? They have gotten more gifts the last two years than the rest of the teams combined.

Quit crying about bad calls. First of all, there weren't many, and second of all, it is a part of the game and these players make MILLIONS of dollars a year to learn how to overcome and bounce back from a bad call.
Whatever, matt.

What's done is done. I've said what I said.

Go Cowboys!

'Nuff said.
Old 12-06-2007, 08:19 PM
Silver Member

Did some more research and found out from an unbiased source that the NFL wants 70 cents on the dollar in return for cable to carry them....

Maybe the NFL is being greedy afterall....

Anyways I hope the Boys drive Kitna to the turf even if it means taking a personal foul penatly since hes been talkin smack about Big D's defense....

As for the Mighty Pats I actually think they are gonna come ready to kick butt this week after basically taking a 2 week vacation...don't know why the Steelers are guarantee'ing a win and sayin their receivers aren't all that...not a smart move....

I hate the Pats but I do respect their ability and know when they are motivated they will dominate pretty much every/any team in the league.....
Old 12-06-2007, 09:53 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinearDrummer View Post
Did some more research and found out from an unbiased source that the NFL wants 70 cents on the dollar in return for cable to carry them....

Maybe the NFL is being greedy afterall....

Anyways I hope the Boys drive Kitna to the turf even if it means taking a personal foul penatly since hes been talkin smack about Big D's defense....

As for the Mighty Pats I actually think they are gonna come ready to kick butt this week after basically taking a 2 week vacation...don't know why the Steelers are guarantee'ing a win and sayin their receivers aren't all that...not a smart move....

I hate the Pats but I do respect their ability and know when they are motivated they will dominate pretty much every/any team in the league.....

Steelers have talked smack the last few meetings and the Pats always kick their asses. Not sure why they continue to talk... Hines Ward is a great player but man what a friggin loud mouth. I hope Harrison plants him one. Why any player talks smack before a game is beyond me, I am just glad none of the Pats do it.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Steelers have talked smack the last few meetings and the Pats always kick their asses. Not sure why they continue to talk... Hines Ward is a great player but man what a friggin loud mouth. I hope Harrison plants him one. Why any player talks smack before a game is beyond me, I am just glad none of the Pats do it.
Agreed. No good can possibly come from guaranteeing victory.

That's one of the many perks of being a Dolphins fan. It doesn't matter what the heck we say before; the outcome is the same.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkbetweenorangejuice View Post
Agreed. No good can possibly come from guaranteeing victory.
unless your name is Joe Namath...

he was a pretty good QB who became a legend for doing that very thing.
Old 12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Silver Member

I'm not too sure about the pats crushing the steelers this sunday, i mean, the steelers have a very effective run attack and we all saw what happened last week... i mean, the pats front seven got crushed like there's no tomorrow. And the steelers line is nothing to be asamed of. So im expecting the steelers to run a lot, and if roethlisburger can not throw picks (which is probably gonna be tough for him), then we might have ourselves a pretty interesting game. And with the newfound nimbleness of roethlisburger, he might not get sacked too many times...

However, i've been wrong many times this season and, who knows, we might just see a blowout by the pats since belicheck (spelling?) has probably been working the players butts off after 2 very close games to pretty poor teams...
Old 12-08-2007, 04:36 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
I'm not too sure about the pats crushing the steelers this sunday, i mean, the steelers have a very effective run attack and we all saw what happened last week... i mean, the pats front seven got crushed like there's no tomorrow. And the steelers line is nothing to be asamed of. So im expecting the steelers to run a lot, and if roethlisburger can not throw picks (which is probably gonna be tough for him), then we might have ourselves a pretty interesting game. And with the newfound nimbleness of roethlisburger, he might not get sacked too many times...

However, i've been wrong many times this season and, who knows, we might just see a blowout by the pats since belicheck (spelling?) has probably been working the players butts off after 2 very close games to pretty poor teams...
Wheww...

Thanks Groceryman!

For bringing some sense and peace into this thread. Great points here. I have to agree with everything you said. Though the part about you being wrong many times this season is a bit of a stretch.

Heck...we're ALL "Monday morning quarterbacks", as has been proven more than a few times. Even me...Hee...hee... ;-)

Good Luck!
Old 12-08-2007, 02:27 PM
nhzoso

Quote:

Yeah, I am not gonna make any predictions for this game. I think the spread is ridiculous and if I was in Vegas I would lay a few bucks on the Steelers plus 10. Thats the last spread I have seen.

The only thing I will predict is another Great game. The Pats/Ravens Game was easily the best game I have seen in Years. It earned the most watched cable program of all time.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Silver Member

WOWWWW.... this is a whole different team than what we've seen from the last 2 games, and looks much more familiar based on the previous 10 games before that...

The patriots are soooo good. Lets see.... lets start with the obvious... Brady = 4 TD passes... has 45 for the season.... 3 games to get 4 TD's to tie Peytons record... Randy moss... 19 TD's for the season, needs three to tie jerry rice single season TD record.

And Brady's protection, impeccable. He just gets sooo much time.

On the other side of the ball, however, i'm seeing some wholes in the running game, they allowed like 126 yards to willie parker, hmm...

To be honest, i guess my predictions were'nt that far off, except that it really wasnt a close game. I mean, roethlisburger had a decent game, no Interceptions, willie parker ran pretty well. but bottom line, not enough Touchdowns.

What do we learn? The pats are probably gonna stay perfect for the whole season, with only the giants giving them a small problem, if that.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:23 AM
michael drums

Hey Grocery...

You watchin' the Colts/Ravens' game at all?

With all the injuries they have...they've put up 44 points on a supposed good(great) defense. And all the Manning bashers gotta be a bit tongue-tied right about now. ;-)

And how many points did the Patriots score last week, and what was the point difference between them and the Ravens at the end of the game?

Well...

It wasn't 44 points/24 points, I can tell you that! And the Patriots didn't play their 2nd-string for most of the 2nd half, like the Colts have.

Yea...the Patriots beat-up the Steelers today, I'll give 'em that...

But the Colts and/or the Cowboys aren't gonna lay down. Which I am VERY happy about in respect to the competitiveness of other teams besides N.E.

Now these other pretty good teams want to make some noise...and that's REALLY good for the game!

P.S. How 'bout dem Cowboys!! ;-)

Play On! :-)
Old 12-10-2007, 03:06 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
WOWWWW.... this is a whole different team than what we've seen from the last 2 games, and looks much more familiar based on the previous 10 games before that...

The patriots are soooo good. Lets see.... lets start with the obvious... Brady = 4 TD passes... has 45 for the season.... 3 games to get 4 TD's to tie Peytons record... Randy moss... 19 TD's for the season, needs three to tie jerry rice single season TD record.

And Brady's protection, impeccable. He just gets sooo much time.

On the other side of the ball, however, i'm seeing some wholes in the running game, they allowed like 126 yards to willie parker, hmm...

To be honest, i guess my predictions were'nt that far off, except that it really wasnt a close game. I mean, roethlisburger had a decent game, no Interceptions, willie parker ran pretty well. but bottom line, not enough Touchdowns.

What do we learn? The pats are probably gonna stay perfect for the whole season, with only the giants giving them a small problem, if that.
Yeah was probably one of the best 21pt wins you will see. It seemed closer than that for some reason. The Pats are giving up alot on the ground all season, they have been a bend don't break defense. Bellichick's Motto, "You don't get any points for yards". That trick play was awesome, I don't think A. Smith will be making any more guarantee's in the future.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:32 PM
Silver Member

Ah yes, the colts did dominate the ravens sunday. But the ravens practically gave the colts the game, 5 turnovers, a safety, i mean come on, with that type of negative production, you have to expect a blowout. And whats funny, as nfl.com clearly showed, the colts had the ball for 7 minutes less than the ravens did. But im not hating on the colts, they're really good, and so is manning, they had a very excellent game.

And how about tony romo, man is life just working for him soooo perfectly right now. Got a hot girlfriend, getting comercials, huge contract, and he's winning and getting lucky. And to think, he was the backup of, wait, i just forgot his name...
Old 12-10-2007, 11:40 PM
nhzoso

Well the biggest factor in the Colts game was that Both the Ravens Starting CB's were out. Thats huge.. Guess the Pats put a hurting on em and softened them up....LOL Seriously though, Thats a tough loss to come back from, plus now u have to play Indy. Ouch!
Old 12-16-2007, 10:33 PM
nhzoso

LOL .....wow the Ravens suck! Was looking forward to seeing an 0-16 season by the Dolphins but oh well.. How does Brian Billick still have a job??
Old 12-16-2007, 10:50 PM

sweet a football thread. Hi guys. I was just posting somewhere else here and felt compelled to write "whoa the dolphins just won a game just now" when he ran it in for a TD in OT.

My roommate is a huge Packers fan, so he was pretty happy today. Congratulations to Mr. Favre. and my roommate. (he made me type that)

I mostly like matchups and not a specific team. My roommate calls that "gutless". But I think I'm too old to pick a team. Didn't watch football in our house till I left the nest.

the northeast had it rough today. the Browns/Buffallo game looked miserable, as did the Jets/Pats game. everyone thought the Pats would score 80-100 pts, but that weather looked horrible.

Seahawks just dropped 5 pts in my respecto-meter. Carolina? really?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:14 AM

The Dolphins have a win!!! Thank YOU Matt Stover!!! Merry Christmas to everyone save the Pats and Jets (kidding of course...sort of)!!!

Scam Scameron deserves to get fired. For what conceivable reason is John Beck not starting? I'd rather go 0-16 and not go into the Draft ignorantly than be 1-15 and just hope that we have a sure thing in Beck.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:57 AM

Billick deserves to be fired.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Silver Member

Hmmm... Well, im actually kinda dissapointed that Miami won a game... I was hoping for a 14-0 and 0-14 showdown, that woulda been pretty cool, probably the first time that would ever happen.... And 0-16 and 16-0 in the same season, come on who wouldnt love that. But miami just got lucky anyways. I guess they did play decent, defense played quite well, but baltimore should've won...

Anyways... That pats jets was a big mess, lol. But i guess we learned that the pats dont run the ball because they cant, but they dont run because they dont need to. Lawrence maroney ran pretty darn well while brady... eh not much going on. They only managed 13 offensive points against a questionable jets defense, but i guess you can blame the weather for that.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:03 AM

Quote:
But miami just got lucky anyways. I guess they did play decent, defense played quite well, but baltimore should've won...
Trust me; as a Dolphins fan, there is NO ONE more aware of the fact that we are far and way the worst team in this league than myself. Anytime we win, it's luck.

Incidentally, Cam is extremely stupid; Cleo shouldn't even be playing right now. Why would you bench Beck? He had zero picks in his first two games and then three against the Jets. Big deal! Peyton Manning had 12 picks in his first 5 games, including EIGHT in his first three.

He needs the experience and we need to know what we in him have so that we don't go into this draft ignorantly. I'd rather that Beck took most of his lumps this year, which is already abysmal (and if that means 0-16 than so be it), than put off improvement for another year by playing Lemon and getting one win.

This is what being a Dolphins fan is like. Be happy everyone.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Silver Member

True there is absolutely no reason not to play beck. I mean, how long has Lemon played? I'm not really sure, but dont waste a pick on a quarterback by not even playing him on a hopeless season that practically ended at 0-8. I would put him in without a doubt, see what he can do, and rebuild from there. Lol, i wouldnt know, but i can only imagine how it would feel to be dolphins fan this season, and especially with there glorious 14-0 season about to beaten by the pats.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:08 PM

I don't understand why Billick didn't go for it on 4th and 1 (foot). It's not like either team is playing for a playoff spot. their seasons are pretty much over - with the Dolphins only now playing as a potential spoiler to the pats' perfect season (good luck!). smash the ball in there and win the game. Billick was even told that he was definitely back next year, so if they failed it wasn't like he was going to lose his job.

Didn't he use to run an offense for some team back in '98 that scored a lot of points?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
michael drums

Well...

At least ONE of my predictions came true. :-0

The Dolphins would NOT be winless this year! ;-)

Now, the Patriots gotta lose one for my other one to come true...though it's unlikely that they will.

But, if I was running the team, I'd sit Brady & Moss down against the Dolphins(they'll win anyway). And I'd sit em' down against the Giants! They wouldn't want those guys hurt goin' into the playoffs!

Yea, Yea...I know all you history buffs want them to go undefeated. :-|

But a 16 - 0 record is NOT as important as a Super Bowl bid. And that's the way they should go about it. Who cares about 16 - 0...REALLY??? If it costs them Brady or Moss. Or Welker, even. Not worth it to me, or anyone that wants them to win it all this year.

Will they play the starters?

We shall see.

I wouldn't!
Old 12-20-2007, 03:17 AM
nhzoso

Pretty cool that Parcell's may be dragging his fat ass back to the AFC East next year. That would be nice to see the ol Bellichick, Parcells overblown media attention twice a year...OY VAY!

Poor Arthur Blank, Snubbed again. This poor bastard can't catch a break.

Patriots- 48
Dolls - 7

Brady should have a good chance at tying the TD record. Can't count on good weather in NY next week.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:14 AM

As a teamless NFL fan, I have read this entire thread and have just this to say: The patriots will start their starters in their next two games, and will only sit them if and when the game is "in the bag".

Michael, I don't know you very well as a poster, but in this thread you seem to be wrong about 99% of the time. all I know is if I was betting - and I am - I wouldn't take anything you said at face value. the pats will destroy the dolphins and will come away with a close win against the giants - who will also be thinking about benching their starters because they're in the playoffs too.

Although, if Tom Brady doesn't get close to the TD record after this game, I expect him to be in most of the game against the giants because it'll be a dome[d] game and he could throw for 10 TDs against that defense.

The vikings looked almost scary for a second and then I remembered they were playing the cubs. the bears/cubs have the most horrible offense I have seen in years - the dolphins should have more wins than them - the dolphins have lost a bunch of games by 3 or less...just tough breaks. the bears are just terrible, and their QB situation is attrocious. They could make a trade for Joey Harrington and improve their passing game...

the vikings are the team on the rise, but on the rise in the NFC and will be bounced out of the playoffs very quickly. I hate to say it but the patriots look unbeatable. I am gonna lose some money this playoff season...
Old 12-20-2007, 04:45 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringoDingo View Post
As a teamless NFL fan, I have read this entire thread and have just this to say: The patriots will start their starters in their next two games, and will only sit them if and when the game is "in the bag".

Michael, I don't know you very well as a poster, but in this thread you seem to be wrong about 99% of the time. all I know is if I was betting - and I am - I wouldn't take anything you said at face value. the pats will destroy the dolphins and will come away with a close win against the giants - who will also be thinking about benching their starters because they're in the playoffs too.

Although, if Tom Brady doesn't get close to the TD record after this game, I expect him to be in most of the game against the giants because it'll be a dome[d] game and he could throw for 10 TDs against that defense.

The vikings looked almost scary for a second and then I remembered they were playing the cubs. the bears/cubs have the most horrible offense I have seen in years - the dolphins should have more wins than them - the dolphins have lost a bunch of games by 3 or less...just tough breaks. the bears are just terrible, and their QB situation is attrocious. They could make a trade for Joey Harrington and improve their passing game...

the vikings are the team on the rise, but on the rise in the NFC and will be bounced out of the playoffs very quickly. I hate to say it but the patriots look unbeatable. I am gonna lose some money this playoff season...
I'm wrong 99% of the time????

And YOU are who?

You wouldn't take anything I say at face value????

Hmmm....

That's coming from someone that has NO basis to make these comments, so I'll just mark that up as you looking on the inside from the outside, BringoDingo.

Hee...hee...Just your name is enough for me.

Uhhh....
Old 12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
nhzoso

[quote=BringoDingo;390100]

Michael, I don't know you very well as a poster, but in this thread you seem to be wrong about 99% of the time. all I know is if I was betting - and I am - I wouldn't take anything you said at face value.

QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO....So true.. His response is about the same as he said to the other 5+ people who have said the same thing.. Wonder how many it takes before someone looks in the mirror??

Anyway back to sensible conversation. Weather although horrible right now looks to be in the 40's and sunny so chances are good for 4-5 td's. Of course this is New England so predicting the weather more than 10 minutes in advance is always a risk. Also just an fyi Giants stadium is not a dome.

I agree the Vikings look good but it's hard to gauge any team in the NFC from week to week. Look at Seattle?? I think Green Bay will represent the NFC in the SB.

As far as the AFC?? Well being a Pats fan I hope the Pats get there but it's just as close as the NFC, I mean Indy and now Jax look very good and you can't count out the Steelers or the Chargers.

Should be an exciting playoff's I can't wait.... Not bad for an Uncompetitive league huh???LOL
Old 12-20-2007, 08:36 PM

BEARS! I coulden't belive this season...They Were pretty good but not great but they weren't terrible either...Grossman..Is officaly our best QB.
Jeff
Old 12-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Silver Member

Hmm... playoff picks... I think the NFC is obviously between the Packers and the Cowboys, but i cant really get my hand on one. Both of them seem practically equal on both sides of the ball, maybe the packers defense is a little better cause of their d line. But other than that, their quarterbacks are excellent (except for romo's last game... eww), their defenses are both quite good, however, dallas does have an edge in the running game. So i think Dallas can pull through and take it to the superbowl.

As for the AFC. Indy's getting healthier, and naturally, they're back to their old selves. I think they can still pose a big problem to the pats, now that we know that they are human. But i still think the pats can win in a close one against Indy in the AFC championship game. Unless miraculously the steelers, jags, or maybe even the chargers can pull of huge upsets, then that would be something, but highly unlikely.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:57 AM
michael drums

[quote=nhzoso;390211]
Quote:

Michael, I don't know you very well as a poster, but in this thread you seem to be wrong about 99% of the time. all I know is if I was betting - and I am - I wouldn't take anything you said at face value.

QUOTE]

ROTFLMAO....So true.. His response is about the same as he said to the other 5+ people who have said the same thing.. Wonder how many it takes before someone looks in the mirror??

Anyway back to sensible conversation. Weather although horrible right now looks to be in the 40's and sunny so chances are good for 4-5 td's. Of course this is New England so predicting the weather more than 10 minutes in advance is always a risk. Also just an fyi Giants stadium is not a dome.

I agree the Vikings look good but it's hard to gauge any team in the NFC from week to week. Look at Seattle?? I think Green Bay will represent the NFC in the SB.

As far as the AFC?? Well being a Pats fan I hope the Pats get there but it's just as close as the NFC, I mean Indy and now Jax look very good and you can't count out the Steelers or the Chargers.

Should be an exciting playoff's I can't wait.... Not bad for an Uncompetitive league huh???LOL
Oh, ok.

You're laughing now!

See who's laughing last, Mr. Pats fan/not a football fan.

Do you ever have ANY "positive" contributions besides putting someone else down??

No, and it seems like you have a following from some newbie with a grand total of 41 posts. Wow!! That's impressive.

And if you want sensible conversation...start having it without the unsensible belittling of others.

Geeessshhhh...
Old 12-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Silver Member

can we please stop disrespecting other people's opinions and thoughts please... its getting kind of annoying and very off topic. This is supposed to be about football, lets keep it that way without all the "your wrong for thinking that," "no, your wrong! so your stupid!" stuff. Lets just keep it to discussion, and if you disagree, just politely say so pleaseeeee...

Anyways... that steelers game was pretty fun to watch :P. Ah the steelers dominated that game from start to finish. good game for them.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:14 AM
nhzoso

Quote:

Anyways... that steelers game was pretty fun to watch :P. Ah the steelers dominated that game from start to finish. good game for them.

yeah they lost Parker for the season though...ouch!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:38 AM

Well, Fins-Pats was just what I expected; stupidity, bad defense (which is actually a slight upgrade from abysmal defense which we usually display), and an offense that ocasionally shows some signs of life but still needs work.

As usual, the Pats were great. Mr. Maroney handling the ball double-digit times; a fantastic idea!

When Cleo was 8/22 and we had zero points I was kicking myself and just praying that Parcels would can Cam. Why isn't BEck in the game? Can he possibly score less that zero? Is he going to do much worse that 8/22?

Lorenzo Booker looks excellent when he actually gets the ball. He shows none of Ronnie's vacillance. Where was Booker for 3/4 of the year, Cam?

Being a Dolphins fan is like reading Ernest Hemingway.
Old 12-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Silver Member

Yea the pats-fins game was what was expected: not much of a game. So, not really much to comment about, other than i hope TB beats manning for the TD record, moss beats rice for the receiving TD record, and the pats go 16-0. That would be pretty dam cool, dont you think?

Also, Indy was playing pretty excellent. Their looking more like the pats everyday, beating their teams by a huge margin... Cant wait till that AFC championship game.

Dallas looked pretty decent, with Barber just carrying them to victory. But, like 5 or so players got injured that game, including terrell owens, i guess we'll see if that makes a big impact or not.
Old 12-25-2007, 12:04 AM
michael drums

Yea...

It's gonna be the Pats and the Colts in the AFC Championship this year, for a rematch of last years' awesome comeback and win by the Colts.

Should be a good one, which won't be a surprise if either one wins this game...

And the winner of this probably wins the SB...

Play On! ;-)
Old 12-26-2007, 02:04 PM

I think it will be the Pats and the Cowboys. My main reasoning - to sound like one of the guys on around the horn: "Look at the schedule"

The Packers have to go to Dallas. Favre has never won there. Sure you could say "he's due" but I normally don't buy that kind of logic. Favre will be 0-10 in Dallas.

The Colts have to go to NE this time. They play in a dome (not sure why I thought the Giants did) and the weather will affect them.

I don't have a pick on the SB yet, but if/when it is those two teams, you can bet you'll be tired of hearing the Romo/Brady comparisons...Who's the blah blah blah blah blah, who's dating who, etc. If Fox has the super bowl, they'll probably do an american idol kind of voting and we'll know which QB America finds more attractive...and then more Moss/TO stuff too. the more TV I watch the more I hate more and more people. I just want a big shootout (and to see my buddy who's the new spokesman for Coke Zero in a few super bowl commecials. that'll be neat.)
Old 12-26-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:

The Colts have to go to NE this time. They play in a dome (not sure why I thought the Giants did) and the weather will affect them.
It may affect them, but unless it's pouring down buckets of snow (which is a very real possibility in which case it affects both teams) I think the effect will be negligible.

I think thus for a couple of reasons. Firstly, Indy is one hundred percent capable of running the ball very efficiently -- something the Pats have yet to master. If they are not forced to throw all game, the weather will affect them less.

In Baltimore a few weeks ago, it was pouring down rain and in the 30's. Indy still managed 37 points.

That being said, I honestly think a bad weather game in Foxborough bodes better for Indy than for New England. If I'm Indy, I'd certainly think my chances were better if it was pouring snow and I held them to a mere 20 points (ala The Jets game) than if it was clear, sunny, and dry; a shoot out with the Pats can only go one way.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Silver Member

Aight Pats fans - one more game and you're in the history books forever....
The Giants have someting to play for so your gonna have to earn it....

My prediction is the Pats will go undefeated....

As for the Boys I hope they are mature enough to rest the next couple of weeks but still keep their edge....they scare me cause as good of a season as they had they can flop in a minute....

Playoffs are gonna be fun!

"PLAYOFFS....you talkin bout PLAYOFFS!" - Jim Mora
Old 12-30-2007, 05:48 AM
Silver Member

Ooooo!!! woowww! The Pats played a dam good game! After having been practically embarrassed by the giants the first half, the Pats rallied once again! Brady and Moss hooked up twice: Moss got his record of 23 TD receptions, Brady has 50 TD passes, just ridiculous, i can guarantee within my lifetime that will never be broken... But the Giants played a pretty darn good game the first half. Eli actually put up quite impressive numbers, probably the best of the season, well above 50% completion percentage, i think 2 TDs (finished w/ 3) and no picks (got one at the end which was VERY crucial). But, the Giants just couldnt keep it up. They didnt connect on a lot of plays that should've went for some decent yardage.

But bottom line, the Pats are really good, and TB really doesnt want to get sacked at all, a lot of successful plays came after brady already avoided getting sacked, and they can run the ball!

Who knew...