DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 02-04-2008, 10:25 PM
Senior Consultant

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

The happiest person in the world last night had to be Archie Manning. Two boys, consecutive Super Bowl MVP's and Champs. Talk about a proud father!
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
Wow the Superbowl was broadcast in Canada and England? Never knew that.

And yea that was an incredible superbowl. The giants D really put the heat on TB, which was probably the biggest reason why they held the pats to only 14 points. And that Eli to Tyree pass was definately the most impressive play i've ever seen. Tyree just showed how ridiculously athletic he is. Really good game...
.....why wouldn't it be broadcasted here?
Old 02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

It was broadcast on the BBC. Which means no adverts! I win...
Old 02-04-2008, 10:34 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
It was broadcast on the BBC. Which means no adverts! I win...

Sometimes the commercials are better than the game, especially if it's a blowout. Did you see the e-trade commercials I posted earlier?

The Superbowl was broadcast in 223 countries, 30 different languages.. It has turned into quite the event and this years broke all kinds of viewing records.

List of countries
http://www.bizoffootball.com/?option...d=612&Itemid=1
Old 02-04-2008, 10:38 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

I would've missed say, the mac '1984' commercial; but the game was excellent and the British coverage had retrospective commentary and explanations during the commercial breaks instead, which was very useful for those of us who didn't understand the game fully before.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 PM

Quote:
I would've missed say, the mac '1984' commercial; but the game was excellent and the British coverage had retrospective commentary and explanations during the commercial breaks instead, which was very useful for those of us who didn't understand the game fully before.
Lucky you. The American commentators are complete idiots (Micheals, Buck, Nantz and possibly Madden excepted).

As a Dolphins fan, I'm obviously quite pleased with the outcome. Now maybe Mercury Morris will shut up.

Its now the Year of the Tuna.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

There was some commentary that I found really stupid.

'Those British really love the New England Patriots!'

'Why's that?'

'it's got England in the name, Old England, New England'

'Oh, I'd never realised that.'

Or words to that effect.

*sigh*
Old 02-04-2008, 11:11 PM

Quote:
There was some commentary that I found really stupid.

'Those British really love the New England Patriots!'

'Why's that?'

'it's got England in the name, Old England, New England'

'Oh, I'd never realised that.'

Or words to that effect.

*sigh*
that is pretty funny considering the team is named in honor of the revolutionaries who led the break from England. Even it was over two hundred years ago - I can't imagine that the British would regard those guys with much affection, ambivalence maybe, but affection...????
Old 02-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

That sir, is exactly what I found funny.

They also referred to Chelsea (where there's an 'International Series Match') being hosted soon as the English 'League Cup Holders'. (Soccer). There is no such thing as the 'League Cup' it's called either the Premiership (which is the league) or the FA Cup. There is no 'League Cup'. That actually really wound me up.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
That sir, is exactly what I found funny.

They also referred to Chelsea (where there's an 'International Series Match') being hosted soon as the English 'League Cup Holders'. (Soccer). There is no such thing as the 'League Cup' it's called either the Premiership (which is the league) or the FA Cup. There is no 'League Cup'. That actually really wound me up.
What, you mean Chelsea are going to field a team of players for an American Football match? That would be sweet carnage to watch.

This Superbowl couldn't have worked out better for the international side of the NFL, having such an exciting game is a great advert. Shame that only a few of us night owls got to see.
And the concept of putting on a rock concert in the middle of a game is utterly inspired.
Old 02-05-2008, 12:49 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

No no. Chelsea are apparently hosting an NFL match like Wembley did a few weeks ago. Chelsea will not be playing, although THAT would be hilarious.
Old 02-05-2008, 01:01 AM
nhzoso

I think the Chargers are playing the Saints next year in England. Hopefully it does not rain or the stadium is domed because last years game was ugly due to well The Dolphins were in it but alot of it had to do with the rain and very muddy field also.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 AM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
I think the Chargers are playing the Saints next year in England. Hopefully it does not rain or the stadium is domed because last years game was ugly due to well The Dolphins were in it but alot of it had to do with the rain and very muddy field also.
Domed stadium? Not a chance.

Not going to rain? This is England!
Old 02-05-2008, 10:43 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
What, you mean Chelsea are going to field a team of players for an American Football match? That would be sweet carnage to watch.
No way would they do that, they would get all dirty and mess up thier designer hairstyles.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:54 PM
michael drums

Well...

not to beat a "dead horse", but it is REALLY funny that the Patriots have been "cheating" since ' 99 or ' 00!! Not "funny" in the real sense, 'cause this IS a serious breech of NFL policy, but how all the Patriots fans/wanna be fans jumped on the teams bandwagon like they did!

But, like they say, "it all comes back to bite you in the end!"

Which, makes it sad...REALLY!! :-(

Oh, don't worry, I won't even bring up the steriod controversy, that's bound to happen SOON! UGHHH....

Thanks Barry and Roger!!! :-(
Old 02-25-2008, 02:15 AM
Silver Member

I think that cheating thing really needs to be put in the books as history, i mean whats done is done...

So, until next year when this thread is once again resurrected!...or until the NFL draft....
Old 02-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Silver Member

Falcon's won the coin toss. Maybe our luck is changing (yeah right) and we will get a couple of franchise players out of the draft.. They are cleaning house here in Atlanta and that's a good thing.

And yes...the cheating thing does need to go in the books?
Old 03-05-2008, 04:27 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
I think that cheating thing really needs to be put in the books as history, i mean whats done is done...

So, until next year when this thread is once again resurrected!...or until the NFL draft....
Yea, I agree Grocery! But in reality...as long as cheating occurs, it'll NEVER be history.

Hence Spygate, steroids, HGH, etc... :-(
Old 03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Silver Member

Can't believe Farve is finally calling it quits...

He was truley a gunslinger for a QB....and even more amazing is that he never missed games when he was hurt....In an era of premadonnas he was a throwback from the ol' days....

My fav 3 of all time -
Farve
Marino
Elway

Anybody else have him in their top 3 of all time?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:27 AM
michael drums

Nah...

I got:

1.) Unitas
2.) Montana
3.) Staubach

Though, I really think that Brett Favres' record of 275 consecutive starts will NEVER be broken!

He IS the "Ironman"(Cal Ripken) of the NFL! ;-)

Thanks Brett, for a fantastic, flamboyant, and fun-filled 17 years! You were GRRRRREAT!!! :-)
Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 AM
millerdakiller

EAGLES SIGNED ASANTE SAMUEL. HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP.

Chris Clemmons wasn't a bad pickup either. now all we need is a reciever. NFL Draft or free agency, i don't care, get someone that can catch the damn ball.

LETS GO EAGLES
Old 03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by millerdakiller View Post
EAGLES SIGNED ASANTE SAMUEL. HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP.

Chris Clemmons wasn't a bad pickup either. now all we need is a reciever. NFL Draft or free agency, i don't care, get someone that can catch the damn ball.

LETS GO EAGLES
Yeah looks like the Eagles are going for broke during free Agency, I hate to see Assante go but I would rather have Moss than him if I had to choose and apparently the Pats had to make that choice.

Kinda cool that Moss actually turned down more money from the Eagles to stay with the Pats, saying,
" We have some unfinished business" I love that! I see the Pats are the early fav's to win the SB again... I was hoping they would get dissed because of the loss of Samuel, Stallworth, and Colvin but not yet .
Old 03-06-2008, 04:18 PM
michael drums

So what...

The Eagles need more than that to challenge for a SB!

Donovan McNabb will NEVER win a SB! He has shown that he can't step up in the big games. And he will continue to do so. Sorry Eagles fans! :-(

And as far as the Patriots go...what I saw in the post season by Moss, was nothing short of, "has anyone seen Randy Moss?" He had quite a lame post season, folks! He REALLY wasn't a factor...AT ALL!!!

And I don't think the Patriots are a favorite to win next year. They blew their chance against the New York Football Giants in SB 42, and will not recover from that!

I'm goin' with the Colts...again! With Tony Dungy staying put, I see the team winning another SB for him. Then TD can bow out on top with his 2nd SB victory!

Play On! ;-)

Last edited by michael drums; 03-07-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:34 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
So what...

Donovan McNabb will NEVER win a SB! He has shown that he can't step up in the big games. And he will continue to do so. Sorry Eagles fans! :-(

And as far as the Patriots go...what I saw in the post season by Moss, was nothing short of, "has anyone seen Randy Moss?" He had quite a lame post season, folks! He REALLY wasnt a factor...AT ALL!!!

And I don't think the Patriots are a favorite to win next year. They blew their chance against the New York Football Giants in SB 42, and will not recover from that!

I'm goin' with the Colts...again! With Tony Dungy staying put, I see the team winning another SB for him. Then TD can bow out on top with his 2nd SB victory!

Play On! ;-)
Right on Michael,
I'm down with all of that.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:48 PM
Silver Member

As long as Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Scott Pioli and Robert Kraft are in New England the Patriots will be the team to beat.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:12 PM
nhzoso

Well I was talking actual Vegas facts not Michael drums opinion. Sorry my bad : )
Old 03-06-2008, 05:16 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bsticks View Post
As long as Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, Scott Pioli and Robert Kraft are in New England the Patriots will be the team to beat.

No truer words have been spoken in this thread. However Brady is far and away the biggest factor as well I think the Colts will also always be a threat as long as they have Manning.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:27 AM
millerdakiller

Quote:
So what...

And as far as the Patriots go...what I saw in the post season by Moss, was nothing short of, "has anyone seen Randy Moss?" He had quite a lame post season, folks! He REALLY wasnt a factor...AT ALL!!!

Play On! ;-)
That's alright, mcnabb doesn't have to win it. The eagles defense(which i garuntee will be a top 5 squad this year) will win it for us. Our defense, and brian westbrook, who is, by far, the best overall running back in the NFL today. Last year he had the most yards from scrimmage. the most recieving yards as a running back(more then 300 more yards then next best LT). The third most rushing yards(only 8 behind adrian peterson, and only 141 behind the amazing LT). He was also tied for 6th best in TDS with 12. Add that to the fact that McNabb should now be fully healed from his ACL tear and the eagles are more then poised to bring home a championship this year.

And for the record, the AFC is definately on a downward slide. The teams that used to be good, aren't as good anymore. The Pats are losing Stallworth, which means wes welker won't be nearly as productive this year, the Colts just aren't the team they were two years ago, the bengals are absolutely horrible, and the Ravens amazing defense is falling apart. The Steelers definately are on the downward slide, as well as the chargers with the loss of Marty Schottenhowever you spell his last name. The only real up and coming team in the AFC are the Jags.

My superbowl prediction...

Eagles over Colts, 21-17.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:20 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Nah...

I got:

1.) Unitas
2.) Montana
3.) Staubach
1) I know he was good but never saw him play....
2) For some reason I think hes over-rated....TO ME he was a product of a genius offensive system of Bill Walsh....not saying he wasn't good just not in MY top 3......but its all good man :)
3) Probably in my top 5 with Dan Fouts too.....

Quote:
Though, I really think that Brett Favres' record of 275 consecutive starts will NEVER be broken!
Agree
Manning will be the only one who has a chance tho....
Old 03-07-2008, 06:38 AM
michael drums

Quote:
That's alright, mcnabb doesn't have to win it. The eagles defense(which i garuntee will be a top 5 squad this year) will win it for us. Our defense, and brian westbrook, who is, by far, the best overall running back in the NFL today. Last year he had the most yards from scrimmage. the most recieving yards as a running back(more then 300 more yards then next best LT). The third most rushing yards(only 8 behind adrian peterson, and only 141 behind the amazing LT). He was also tied for 6th best in TDS with 12. Add that to the fact that McNabb should now be fully healed from his ACL tear and the eagles are more then poised to bring home a championship this year.

And for the record, the AFC is definately on a downward slide. The teams that used to be good, aren't as good anymore. The Pats are losing Stallworth, which means wes welker won't be nearly as productive this year, the Colts just aren't the team they were two years ago, the bengals are absolutely horrible, and the Ravens amazing defense is falling apart. The Steelers definately are on the downward slide, as well as the chargers with the loss of Marty Schottenhowever you spell his last name. The only real up and coming team in the AFC are the Jags.

My superbowl prediction...

Eagles over Colts, 21-17.
Eagles have NO CHANCE of even making the playoffs, let alone, winning the SB!!

Uhhh...when was the last time the Eagles won a SB?? Or even challenged??

The Giants and Cowboys will dominate the NFC for the next few seasons. The Eagles will be on the outside looking in...as usual! ;-)

Sorry miller! :-(

Note: 2005(SB 39) was close, but REALLY didn't look like a contender when it was all said and done! ;-)
Old 03-07-2008, 06:40 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Well I was talking actual Vegas facts not Michael drums opinion. Sorry my bad : )
Yea...just like your "opinion" how the Pats were gonna win it all this past year!

Paa....LEEZE!

;-)
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 AM
millerdakiller

Quote:
Eagles have NO CHANCE of even making the playoffs, let alone, winning the SB!!

Uhhh...when was the last time the Eagles won a SB?? Or even challenged??

The Giants and Cowboys will dominate the NFC for the next few seasons. The Eagles will be on the outside looking in...as usual! ;-)

Sorry miller! :-(

Note: 2005(SB 39) was close, but REALLY didn't look like a contender when it was all said and done! ;-)

really, because so far the eagles are the only team in the NFC East to improve this offseason. Last season the Eagles beat both the Giants and the Cowboys once each, and since both those teams are carbom copies of the teams we faced last year, our chances bode well in the division. And what is this about the eagles being regulars on the outside looking in?

In '06 we won the NFC east and made it to the divisional round of the play-offs, beating the Giants to get there, and losing to the saints.

In '04 We were first in the NFC east and made it to the superbowl, dispatching Minnesota and Atlanta on the way, and then losing to the patriots in the superbowl (It has been proven that Bill Billicheck was illegally taping defensive signals at this point in his career, and since this game was one by a feild goal, i feel that it is a significant point to bring up.)

In '03 We won the NFC East and made it to the NFC Championship game beating Greenbay along the way but losing to the Carolina Panthers because of an illegal, dirty, late hit on Donovan McNabb that broke his ribs, and put him out for the rest of the game.

In '02 We won the NFC East and made it to the NFC Championship game beating Atlanta, but losing to Tampa Bay, the year that Tampa Bay won the superbowl, against arguably one of the best defenses to play the game of football.

In '01 We won the NFC East and made it to the NFC Chapionship game beating Tampa Bay and the Chicago Bears along the way, but losing to the greatest show on turf, the St. Louis Rams, who were making thier second pass at a superbowl in 3 years.

The Eagles also won the NFC East in 2000. In the span since Andy Ried has become head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles 9 seasons ago, the Eagles have won 6 NFC East Titles and gone to the conference Championship game 4 times. If you'd like to explain to me how we are routinely on the outside looking in, i'd be happy to laugh at you while you argue against facts.

You can hate on the Eagles all you want, but there is no changing the facts my dillusional friend.

let it also be noted that both the patriots and the colts play in TERRIBLE Divisons, of course they win thier division every year, the patriots get to play the dolphins, the bills, and the jets twice each. and the colts play the texans and titans, the only good team in either the AFC East or South excluding the colts or pats, are the jacksonville jaguars. I mean for christ sake the other three teams in the afc east couldn't win 16 games combined, which means the patriots in the patriots 16-0 run, they only had to play ten actual games, thier divisional games were gimmes. As for the Colts and the AFC South, The only reason that division appears to be any good, is because of the weak scheduling. Every team in that division got to play New Orleans(7-9), Oakland(4-12), Denver(7-9), Atalanta(4-12), Carolina(7-9), and Kansas City(4-12). On top of that the texans got to play the 1-15 Miami Dolphins, The titans got to play the (4-12) New York Jets, the colts got to play the (5-11) Baltimore Ravens. The only team in that division that had to play the 16-0 patriots were the colts who fared no better then the eagles did, and many would argue got beat worse.

The Eagles Schedule on the other hand Pitted us against Green Bay (13-3) Washington (9-7) Detroit (7-9) New York Giants (10-6) New York Jets (4-12) Chicago Bears (7-9) Minnesota Vikings (8-8) Dallas (13-3) Miami (1-15) New England (16-0) Seattle (10-6) New Orleans (7-9) and Buffalo (7-9).

Point being that the eagles played only 2 teams with a record weaker then 7-9, while every team in the AFC South played 4. And on top of that the eagles had to play 5 teams with ten or more wins, and play two of those teams twice. You show me a team in either the AFC sout or east with a harder schedule. Don't worry, i saved you some time, look above.

Like I said before, you can't argue with facts.

thier defense sucks, and Marvin Harrison, despite the fact that he is by far my favorite WR of all time, is getting old. Sure you have reggie wayne, but once marvin retires reggie will be half as good cause he'll be the one getting double covered.

Last edited by millerdakiller; 03-07-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:01 PM
nhzoso

Quote:

The Eagles Schedule on the other hand Pitted us against Green Bay (13-3) Washington (9-7) Detroit (7-9) New York Giants (10-6) New York Jets (4-12) Chicago Bears (7-9) Minnesota Vikings (8-8) Dallas (13-3) Miami (1-15) New England (16-0) Seattle (10-6) New Orleans (7-9) and Buffalo (7-9).

Point being that the eagles played only 2 teams with a record weaker then 7-9, while every team in the AFC South played 4. And on top of that the eagles had to play 5 teams with ten or more wins, and play two of those teams twice. You show me a team in either the AFC sout or east with a harder schedule. Don't worry, i saved you some time, look above.

thier defense sucks, and Marvin Harrison, despite the fact that he is by far my favorite WR of all time, is getting old. Sure you have reggie wayne, but once marvin retires reggie will be half as good cause he'll be the one getting double covered.
Yeah thats nice and all but it still comes down to how good the team is and not how hard their schedule is. Evrey team has had a very hard schedule at some point, plus 10-6 in the NFC is much easier to obtain than 10-6 in the AFC lets face it. Hell 10-6 won't even get you in the playoffs in the AFC while 9-7 gets you in the NFC?? You can pretty much argue anything to make it look unfair ehh?

Either you have not argued with Mike drum before or you do not have 100% faith in the Eagles.. I will go with the 1st choice because if there is one thing that does not matter to Mikey drum, it is Facts...

I like the Eagles but they have to get a WR or 3 , I think they will be a wildcard team though. I think the Cowboys will win the NFC east which should be good for sales because we all know they are America's all-time Bandwagon team.

Time for me to switch gears and start thinking about the boys of summer... Red Sox are looking great again and returning just about every player from last years world series winning team : ) GO SOX!
Old 03-07-2008, 04:20 PM
michael drums

Quote:
really, because so far the eagles are the only team in the NFC East to improve this offseason. Last season the Eagles beat both the Giants and the Cowboys once each, and since both those teams are carbom copies of the teams we faced last year, our chances bode well in the division. And what is this about the eagles being regulars on the outside looking in?

In '06 we won the NFC east and made it to the divisional round of the play-offs, beating the Giants to get there, and losing to the saints.

In '04 We were first in the NFC east and made it to the superbowl, dispatching Minnesota and Atlanta on the way, and then losing to the patriots in the superbowl (It has been proven that Bill Billicheck was illegally taping defensive signals at this point in his career, and since this game was one by a feild goal, i feel that it is a significant point to bring up.)

In '03 We won the NFC East and made it to the NFC Championship game beating Greenbay along the way but losing to the Carolina Panthers because of an illegal, dirty, late hit on Donovan McNabb that broke his ribs, and put him out for the rest of the game.

In '02 We won the NFC East and made it to the NFC Championship game beating Atlanta, but losing to Tampa Bay, the year that Tampa Bay won the superbowl, against arguably one of the best defenses to play the game of football.

In '01 We won the NFC East and made it to the NFC Chapionship game beating Tampa Bay and the Chicago Bears along the way, but losing to the greatest show on turf, the St. Louis Rams, who were making thier second pass at a superbowl in 3 years.

The Eagles also won the NFC East in 2000. In the span since Andy Ried has become head coach of the Philadelphia Eagles 9 seasons ago, the Eagles have won 6 NFC East Titles and gone to the conference Championship game 4 times. If you'd like to explain to me how we are routinely on the outside looking in, i'd be happy to laugh at you while you argue against facts.

You can hate on the Eagles all you want, but there is no changing the facts my dillusional friend.

let it also be noted that both the patriots and the colts play in TERRIBLE Divisons, of course they win thier division every year, the patriots get to play the dolphins, the bills, and the jets twice each. and the colts play the texans and titans, the only good team in either the AFC East or South excluding the colts or pats, are the jacksonville jaguars. I mean for christ sake the other three teams in the afc east couldn't win 16 games combined, which means the patriots in the patriots 16-0 run, they only had to play ten actual games, thier divisional games were gimmes. As for the Colts and the AFC South, The only reason that division appears to be any good, is because of the weak scheduling. Every team in that division got to play New Orleans(7-9), Oakland(4-12), Denver(7-9), Atalanta(4-12), Carolina(7-9), and Kansas City(4-12). On top of that the texans got to play the 1-15 Miami Dolphins, The titans got to play the (4-12) New York Jets, the colts got to play the (5-11) Baltimore Ravens. The only team in that division that had to play the 16-0 patriots were the colts who fared no better then the eagles did, and many would argue got beat worse.

What's really funny is, all that you say about the Eagles and they STILL didn't win a SB!! You, my friend, are the dillusional one.

It's OK though, miller! 'Cause you are NO different than any other Eagles fan. Passionate about your team, but poor in the excuse department! :-(

You take ALL you just typed about your precious Eagles recent history, put it all in a bag, shake it up, pour it out...and all you got is NO SUPER BOWL win, and a bunch of TYPICAL Eagles' fans crying how it's not fair, and we were cheated out of this and that.

Come on, dude! That's reality...FOR REAL!

There...that's the REAL facts, Jacks! ;-)
Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Yeah thats nice and all but it still comes down to how good the team is and not how hard their schedule is. Evrey team has had a very hard schedule at some point, plus 10-6 in the NFC is much easier to obtain than 10-6 in the AFC lets face it. Hell 10-6 won't even get you in the playoffs in the AFC while 9-7 gets you in the NFC?? You can pretty much argue anything to make it look unfair ehh?

Either you have not argued with Mike drum before or you do not have 100% faith in the Eagles.. I will go with the 1st choice because if there is one thing that does not matter to Mikey drum, it is Facts...

I like the Eagles but they have to get a WR or 3 , I think they will be a wildcard team though. I think the Cowboys will win the NFC east which should be good for sales because we all know they are America's all-time Bandwagon team.

Time for me to switch gears and start thinking about the boys of summer... Red Sox are looking great again and returning just about every player from last years world series winning team : ) GO SOX!
Oh, you mean the fact that your precious Patriots lost to the Giants, in SB 42, after going undefeated the whole season? Is that what you mean, nhzoso?

Oh, ok then. I got it now! ;-)

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:01 AM
nhzoso

When did I ever say the Pats were gonna win it all?? Ummm oh yeah never...Sorry just another fact I know won't do any good with your immature arguments but I just have to throw them in there anyway. Thats what I mean Mikey.

Quote:
Oh, you mean the fact that your precious Patriots lost to the Giants, in SB 42, after going undefeated the whole season? Is that what you mean, nhzoso?

Oh, ok then. I got it now! ;-)

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2008, 04:24 PM
michael drums

Quote:
When did I ever say the Pats were gonna win it all?? Ummm oh yeah never...Sorry just another fact I know won't do any good with your immature arguments but I just have to throw them in there anyway. Thats what I mean Mikey.
Well...

it's obvious we have differing "opinions", nhzoso. And let's be honest, you WERE being as silly as I was with your rebuttals. As proven here, most notably. ;-)

Anyway...

hope your wounds start to heal soon! From me AND your precious Pats gettin' beat!

Awww...

:-)
Old 03-08-2008, 07:11 PM
nhzoso

Nah it's not the 1st superbowl they have lost. Already looking to the Red Sox and Celtics making their playoff run.. Hopefully the Bruins get in also although they are not looking to good recently.

I stick by my LOCAL teams whether they are having good years or bad... It's not like I live in Detroit and am a Dallas Cowboys fairweather fan.. Nah that would be bandwagon eh?

; )
Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Nah it's not the 1st superbowl they have lost. Already looking to the Red Sox and Celtics making their playoff run.. Hopefully the Bruins get in also although they are not looking to good recently.

I stick by my LOCAL teams whether they are having good years or bad... It's not like I live in Detroit and am a Dallas Cowboys fairweather fan.. Nah that would be bandwagon eh?

; )
Actually...

I LOVE the Celtics!! Have since the Celtics/Lakers dynasties of the 80's! ;-) The Bird/Magic rivalry was arguably THE best match-up in NBA history! That's the last of the "good times", that the NBA had! After that, the Pistons dominated for a while and caused a shift in how the game was played.

Then "Da Bulls" took over the league in the Jordan era of the 90's. But by then the NBA was SOOO weak! :-( And I haven't been an NBA fan since!

Oh, and about the "local" team fan thing...I've LOVED the Cowboys since the Staubach teams of the 70's when I was like...10. I'll ALWAYS be a Cowboys fan, but when that idiot Robert Irsay took the BELOVED Colts away from Baltimore, it's NOT easy to latch on to somone elses team that came to town from Cleveland(Browns to Ravens). :-(

But I admittedly started rooting for the Colts when they got Peyton Manning, though Jim Irsay, Roberts' son, owns the team. And I'll NEVER forgive the Irsays for doing what they did, ESPECIALLY how they did it! :-( Grrrr....

Peace Out! ;-)
Old 08-15-2008, 09:52 PM
Silver Member

Aight its that time of year for the greatest sport on earth!

I say is time for the Boyz to step up and get the bling-bling...We have all the pieces in place offensively and defensively and we should have a chip on our shoulders after last years debacle against the Gents so there are no more excuses....

I say the Cowboys and Pats (as much as I hate them they are still good) will be playing in January....

Predictions?

Last edited by LinearDrummer; 08-15-2008 at 10:25 PM.