DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 01-25-2008, 03:15 PM
michael drums

Default Re: The Real Football Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
Oh well.... if I would have known your dad was a player than I would never have questioned anything you said..Please pass your views onto ESPN and the media so a bunch of others don't make the same mistake I made.

Hmmm Mercury Morris was on Cocaine...Does that count for an asterisk?? Did the cheating help the Pats win the last 18games?? I know all about the fines and draft picks. So whats your point? How much of a fine is enough for this thing that was blown way out of proportion?

I don't know what you mean by saying I need to do research?? What do I need to research? I don't have a dad who played in the NFL but I don't think you have enlightened this with any new information.

The funniest part of this is the Pats lost their 1st rd pick, yet still end up with the 7th overall pick...LOL I can't wait for the crying to start in April when the draft rolls around.

It should be a great Superbowl, I just hope the Pats can pull it off.
Well...

I wouldn't worry about the crying in April, 'cause there may be some tears shed on February 3rd, for all you Patriot band-wagon jumpers out there who "may" have counted their chickens too soon!! ;-)

GO G-MEN!!!!
Old 01-25-2008, 04:32 PM
Senior Consultant

It would be the best thing ever if the Giants beat the Pats in the Bowl.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:18 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Almeyda View Post
It would be the best thing ever if the Giants beat the Pats in the Bowl.
LOL, Pretty sure this sentiment is everywhere except here in New England. I would guess that 95% of non Giants fans are hoping to see the Pats lose. I do realize that you are in NY and probably a Giants fan.

It would literally be the best thing ever if the Pats win : )
Old 01-25-2008, 07:36 PM

africa cup is going on atm,
Old 01-25-2008, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhzoso View Post
LOL, Pretty sure this sentiment is everywhere except here in New England. I would guess that 95% of non Giants fans are hoping to see the Pats lose. I do realize that you are in NY and probably a Giants fan. )
On one hand - I would love to see the Giants knock the Pats down a notch - if only it weren't for the fact that so many of the old Dolphins have just totally pissed me off with their selfish and unsportsmanlike attitude. I just want them to shut up and the only way that's gonna' happen is for the Pats to wrap up the perfect season.

of course - 30 years from now, all the old Pats will probably be just like the old 'Phins are now, whining about some other team beating their record...
Old 01-25-2008, 10:50 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnw60 View Post
On one hand - I would love to see the Giants knock the Pats down a notch - if only it weren't for the fact that so many of the old Dolphins have just totally pissed me off with their selfish and unsportsmanlike attitude. I just want them to shut up and the only way that's gonna' happen is for the Pats to wrap up the perfect season.

of course - 30 years from now, all the old Pats will probably be just like the old 'Phins are now, whining about some other team beating their record...

LOL good point. Mercury Morris is such a jackazz. I hate the Dolphins more than any other team in sports including the Yankees.

IBack in the day when the Pats sucked, I used to root for the Pats and whoever was playing the Dolphins that week. I can't stand them all, from Morris and Griese to Marino and now the Tuna. Fitting that the Tuna is now a Dolphin.

I must admit though that the Chargers are running a close 2nd nowadays with all their smack talk and then crying when they lose. They are nothing like the Old Chargers I used to admire.. Fouts, Winslow, Joiner.. those were Football players. Not this Friggin LT and Merriman whiners.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:31 AM
michael drums

Uhhh...

I think "we" may wanna hold off from throwing accusations out about this person and that person, UNTIL SB 42 is over, just to get the different viewpoints of the players.

'Cause if the Pats lose, we "may" get some of the same whining that I keep hearing about that everybody else, but the Pats, seem to always be doing. :-|

We don't wanna stick our feet in our mouth, do we??

Take it from me...IT DON'T TASTE VERY GOOD!!! :-(

Play On!!
Old 01-29-2008, 11:42 PM
michael drums

All right, all right...

Any predictions for SB 42?

Mine is: G-Men - 27

Pats - 24

I got nothin' to lose!

Enjoy the game, folks!! ;-)
Old 01-29-2008, 11:58 PM
Silver Member

mine are:

Pats 28

Giants 24

I think Eli manning will have a shot to win it very late in the game but the pats defense'll come through.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:29 AM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGroceryman View Post
mine are:

Pats 28

Giants 24

I think Eli manning will have a shot to win it very late in the game but the pats defense'll come through.
Hey Grocery...

You should be pickin' the Giants, man!

Ain't you from N.Y.?

C'mon...Have some faith in your G-men!!

Hey...If Plaxico has the G-men winning 23 - 17, how come you don't?

Got me?? :-|
Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 PM
nhzoso

Well being a Pats fan it is nice to see Michael drums picking the Giants : )

I predict a Good Game.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:52 PM
michael drums

Yea...

There's a number of key match-ups for this one! I believe the most important is the Giants offense against the Pats defense.

The G-men MUST be able to move the ball down the field against the Pats D!! It is crucial that they establish a decent to good running game, to keep the Pats guessing!

If the Giants become one-dimensional, with their offense, they will find themselves DEEP in a hole, trying to play catch up with the Patriots. An almost impossible task!

C'mon Sunday! I wanna see a "competitive" game!

Not to bring that up again! ;-)

C'mon Sunday! :-)
Old 01-31-2008, 02:59 AM
Silver Member

To michael drums:

well, i guess i'd LIKE for them to win, but, as i said before, i'm really a neutral party, im not really a fan of any team, but yea i would be happy if the giants won over the pats, but i still think the pats'll win in a close game.

I think, to beat the pats, you have to play perfect, i mean to beat a perfect team (so far), you have to be perfect. As we saw in their first matchup, the giants, unfortunately werent perfect, they had one flaw. Manning's interception at the end of the game. Without that, they might have won.
I'm looking for the giants to have an effective running game, it just depends on how well manning plays.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:43 AM
michael drums

Quote:
To michael drums:

well, i guess i'd LIKE for them to win, but, as i said before, i'm really a neutral party, im not really a fan of any team, but yea i would be happy if the giants won over the pats, but i still think the pats'll win in a close game.

I think, to beat the pats, you have to play perfect, i mean to beat a perfect team (so far), you have to be perfect. As we saw in their first matchup, the giants, unfortunately werent perfect, they had one flaw. Manning's interception at the end of the game. Without that, they might have won.
I'm looking for the giants to have an effective running game, it just depends on how well manning plays.
That's cool, Grocery! ;-)

And in the last couple minutes of that game(the last regular season game for both), Mannings' clock management was ATROCIOUS!! The offense looked so discheveled on their last possession. Taking WAY too much time off the clock. They panicked at the end and couldn't score in time. They shoulda' won that game, man!

Anyway...I agree with your assessment, and look forward to a great game...close at the end...I HOPE!! ;-)
Old 02-01-2008, 07:16 PM

I've heard all the arguments about why the Giants have a chance of winning and I really (and I mean - really, really) hope that it's a good close game regardless of who ends up winning. As I said before - this game leaves me without a real 'favorite'.

But - I just have this nasty suspicion that the Pats are gonna' win in a virtual blowout. Having suffered through too many boring SB's over the last 40 years - I hope to be proven wrong.

prediction - Pats 45, G-men 19.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:30 PM

I really hope that the giants win because it would make tom brady and the pats look really bad (they star the year cheating and end it with a lose). I was watching the NFL network on media day and one of the guys from the NFL network said that "the pats have to win the giants want to win but they dont have to the pats do so they dont look totaly stupid." He said this because he said one of the guys should have said that to "plant a seed" in there heads about wow we really have to win this game so that the world doesnt laugh at us. Anywaz i think the giants are going to win by a close score like maybe 2-3 points apart.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:59 AM
Platinum Member

38 seconds to go..... Giants go up 17: 14! How bout Manning, huh? and Tyree.. and Burgess?
what a throw , what a catch!

How bout mah' jints ? 19nd O... yeah right!

Last edited by aydee; 02-04-2008 at 06:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:07 AM
Pioneer Member

HAHAHAHAHA i'm glad the Patriots lost.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:09 AM
Senior Consultant

GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!!

Eli was magical on that last drive. I thought that the Giants were dead after the second NE TD but Eli just pulled off a miracle.

The defense was amazing and Coughlin's game plan was perfect.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Giants played great.
N.E. played like crap.
ergo: Giants win.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:42 AM
fourstringdrums

Does anyone else hear a loud choking sound?...

For the record, I'm from Massachusetts but I hate football so yeah.. not a proud fan. We did great during the year to pull off 19-0 but when it came to the game that really mattered, we blew it. We played like crap the whole game and when we got a lead we blew it.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:43 AM
Silver Member

[quote=nhzoso;403089]Oh well.... if I would have known your dad was a player than I would never have questioned anything you said..Please pass your views onto ESPN and the media so a bunch of others don't make the same mistake I made.

Sucks to be you!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-04-2008, 04:46 AM
Pioneer Member

I still don't quite understand it all, but the last few minutes were great. The crowd were quiet though when Giants won, I expected more noise.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:06 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
The crowd were quiet though when Giants won, I expected more noise.
Americans are generally very quiet and reserved when they lose large sums of money.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:18 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well, if there is such as thing as half right /half wrong, Groceryman!! ; )

Yea, Jints!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Silver Member

Wasn't it great to see Peyton cheering on his little brother? I'm truly happy that the Pats did not go undefeated. The next team to go all the way needs to do so without ANY blemishes regarding their integrity and sportsmanship.

Spring training right around the corner.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:54 AM
michael drums

Well...

I was hoping to see some of the Patriot band-wagon jumpers on here, to give "their" take on their beloved "so-called" un-beatable teams' lack-luster effort in tonights' SB 42 debacle.

But I'm not seein' many! :-( Not surprising, actually. Could you all, at least, give the G-Men credit? I mean, geeezz...

Anyway, I'm more, MUCH MORE, happy about the game being as close as it was. :-) That's what I like to see in ANY sporting event. A hard-fought competitive game/match.

And I think that the Patiots total yards in the first half (81yds.) was pivitol in keeping the game close, and the Giants time of possession advantage (19 mins. to 11 mins.) was certainly key, also!

Congratulations to the New York Football Giants! Super Bowl 42 World Champions!!

Peace! ;-)

P.S. UNBELIEVABLE catch by David Tyree! and how in the heck did Eli get away from that rush to even get the ball to him?? WOW!! Just...WOW!!

Last edited by michael drums; 02-04-2008 at 06:06 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:05 AM
michael drums

Oh, and btw...

Not to toot my own horn but...

Please see posts # 361 and # 367.

Hmmm...

;-)
Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael drums View Post
Oh, and btw...

Not to toot my own horn but...

Please see posts # 361 and # 367.

Hmmm...

;-)
Pretty good crystal ball there, Michael !
Old 02-04-2008, 10:42 AM
nhzoso

Come on guys give us time to get on here, some of us have lives outside of DW and actually went to gatherings with other fans/friends/ and family and interacted with real people.

Well for someone who had an emotional stake in the game it was a nail biter for sure, I have none left. And as a Pats fan I say congrats to the Giants for a well deserved win.. There will be no crying from the Pats, they lost fair and square and thats the way the game goes.

Props to the Giants, If there was a team to beat the Pats I could not think of a more deserving one than the G-men. Eli played great. I had a sneaking suspicion that this was gonna happen especially when the morning paper here had 2 Idiots holding up NH license plates that said 19-0, and Pats 19-0...ugggghhhh Damn I have no fingernails left and typing this actually hurts.

Glad it's over though because even if they won we would still have to hear all the crying about spy gate that happened in the 1st 5 minutes of the 1st game.

Atleast we all get to see the great and well spoken Mercury Morris and those insufferable 72 Miami Dolphins every year for the rest of our lives...OH JOY : (

Congrats to the Giants...What a great nfl season despite all the nay sayers.

PATRIOTS IN 08

Last edited by nhzoso; 02-04-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:00 AM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonescrusher View Post
I still don't quite understand it all, but the last few minutes were great. The crowd were quiet though when Giants won, I expected more noise.

Thats what most superbowls are like because the only one's who can afford to go to the games are rich snobs who never watch a game all season then decide to go spend $10k and talk on their cell phones all game. Only about 10% are real fans.
Old 02-04-2008, 12:29 PM
nhzoso

By the way this is my pick for the best commercial, it's been awhile since beer has come through my nose but this commercial did it..LOL

https://us.etrade.com/e/t/jumppage/v...RR26&WT.srch=1
Old 02-04-2008, 04:17 PM
michael drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Pretty good crystal ball there, Michael !
Yea...Thanks, aydee!

Like I've said before, I get 'em right sometimes. Though I really thought the Colts were gonna repeat, and my Cowboys were gonna be in the Super Bowl. :-(

Anywho...Congrats to the G-men for a GRRRREAT win. Well Done!!

And you have to tip your hat/helmet to the Patriots for a fantastic year!

But you have to give creedance to the phrase, "Any given Sunday". Last night was a perfect example of that!

;-)
Old 02-04-2008, 04:35 PM

WOW - the Giants 'D' just put an old-fashioned beatdown on Brady and the Pats offense. They had them going backwards for most of the 2nd quarter - it was amazing to see and it just proves that game plans and coaching may be great, but when you get down to it - dominating the line of scrimmage comes down to beating the guy lined up across from you, and the Giants front four killed the Patriots offensive line.

It's hard to fault the Pats defense - they played a pretty solid game holding the Giants to 17 points - I think they just got tired at the end of the game because they're not used to spending so much time on the field and they've always been able to count on the offense coming through at the end, which they almost did.

What an awesome game and I'm so glad that my prediction of a Pats blowout turned out to be totally wrong.

a few thoughts:

- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers were solid, but they didn't come anywhere close to matching the energy of Prince's show last year.

- Belichick leaving the field before the final play was LAME.

- Manning to Tyree on the final drive was maybe the most amazing catch I've ever seen.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:44 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnw60 View Post
WOW -
- Manning to Tyree on the final drive was maybe the most amazing catch I've ever seen.
Yup, that and a couple of Terry Bradshaw to Lynn Swanns' way way back.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post
Yup, that and a couple of Terry Bradshaw to Lynn Swanns' way way back.
I know exactly what you're saying - the only reason I'd rank this higher is because of the situation being final minute of the game, and Manning's escape from the rush just to get the ball in the air was already pretty crazy... then Tyree using one hand and his helmet - oh man - that's why I watch the game...
Old 02-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Silver Member

By the way...Steve Ferrone looked solid last night, but I do miss Mr. Lynch.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:39 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
By the way...Steve Ferrone looked solid last night, but I do miss Mr. Lynch.
Oh that was Steve Ferrone. I thought so but I wasn't sure.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Surprisingly, I watched the whole game. Got pretty tense, I'm actually glad I watched it now; I have a new appreciation for American Football and whilst it's not up there with my favourite sports, I can gladly say that I saw the best of it last night.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Silver Member

Wow the Superbowl was broadcast in Canada and England? Never knew that.

And yea that was an incredible superbowl. The giants D really put the heat on TB, which was probably the biggest reason why they held the pats to only 14 points. And that Eli to Tyree pass was definately the most impressive play i've ever seen. Tyree just showed how ridiculously athletic he is. Really good game...