DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 07-18-2007, 05:50 AM

Default Custom Tama Imperialstar kit.... Posted a whiiiiile back...

Hey everyone first off let me say that i regret more than anything but due to financial reasons i am selling off my drum gear... sold mostly everything except for my actual drums. I posted a while ago when i was still actively playing and gigging and put pics up and everyone really seemed to enjoy them. This is not a sob story but right now i live on my own and i am trying to help my mom out because if she doesnt pay her property taxes then... well... you know. They are taking it.
More than ever now do i need money. I have no time to play drums anymore, let alone be in a band. I just got a second partime job stocking shelves at giant eagle at night. I work in front of a computer all day, then 4 nights a week i get to stock shelves. This isnt exactly where i pictured myself at the age of 23 but i know that things will work out eventually.I will really playing and hopefully one day soon i can get an electric kit that i can play wherever whenever.
I have my kit listed on ebay. 300 bucks and no reserve.. and well i decided to post here in case anyone seen them before and like them. i want them to go to someone that will love em as much as i did. Sorry if this is inapropriate to post, honestly i dont want to offend anyone/break any rules. i like you guys, and the whole point of drummerworld. You can get all the info on the drums here. Thanks everyone tons.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Custom-Made-5-Pi...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Custom Tama Imperialstar kit.... Posted a whiiiiile back...

Thats a very swish kit!!!

If I was in the US and had money, Id get it.

Would make a great second kit....

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 07-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=2601

Let me say, that finish is funkkkkkky.

YEM
Old 07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
Big_Philly

If I lived anywhere near you that kit would already be in my possession. It looks just awesome! And you can't go wrong with older imperialstars (unless they're completely beat up).
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 PM

Thanks for the kind words folks! I still havent gotten a bid yet.... so i think if someone does buy them... they will go for the opening bid of 300 bucks. I really hope they sell... my car now needs a new head gasket..... its just one thing after another ya know....
Old 07-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

The problem is that TAMA just released a new 'Imperial Star' range that are a low-end set. Yours is obviously the old high-end set, but the 'Imperial Star' name might be putting off prospective buyers. You have to make it clear that this is not the newer version of the kit. You say 'vintage' on the description, but make sure that this is even clearer.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:47 PM
fourstringdrums

I agree with MFB. You have to put what decade or what year it's from if possible. I would think that if someone knows about the new Imperialstar enough to know that it's not a high end kit, that they'd know what they look like, and these don't even come close to looking the same. But you can't rely on that.

I also hate to say it, but you have 92% positive feedback out of only 21 entries and most of those come from being a seller. I know that from reading them they look like they're bogus complaints (The first negative just says LAME....how specific...). That might put people off. I know I always read the comments just to see if the negatives are something to be concerned with, but some might not and just look at the percent and move on. It's in your best interest to respond to the negative and neutral comments publicly so you can defend yourself.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 PM

hrmmm I dont really like the wrap at all but I have the cash and it may be a good kit to rewrap.....
Old 07-21-2007, 06:52 AM

Thanks for the good input guys. It looks like it will sell after all. Probably for 300 but that is good for me. i really need the money right now. yeah i know about the negative feedback thing. The only way you can get them taken off completely is through a court order. Theres alot of screwed up people on ebay. Thanks again everyone!