DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > DrummerWorld Site News

DrummerWorld Site News What's New at DrummerWorld

Old 03-08-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Comments on videos!

Hey guys!

Dont know if anyone have mentioned this before but wouldent it be good if you were able to comment all the videos on drummerworld. For example if you whant to know how's playing bass you can ask in the comment box and maby someone who knows will answer. It would be good if the comment would show right under the video, theres nothing there anyway!

Think about it Bernard ;)

Peace

/ Jocke
Old 03-08-2007, 08:57 AM
Founder Drummerworld

Default Re: Comments on videos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
Think about it Bernard ;)

Peace

/ Jocke
I try to think all the time - lol.

You mean a comment-thing like on YouTube?

Don't like the idea too much.

Don't also forget, that the Drummerworldwebsite and the Forum are affiliated, but not the same.

Bernhard
Old 03-08-2007, 10:43 AM

Yeah sort of like the one on youtube. Yes I see that the forum and drummerworld.com arent the same website but it doesent have to be either. And I know that you can bring up such cuestions on the forum but its a much longer way to go :P
And I know the comment thing on for example youtube can be a little unserious, but I dont think it will be that way on this site cus its mainly drummers who whatch this site on educating purposes.

Have a nice day! And thank you Bernare for this site, its the best teacher I ever had.

/ Jocke
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM
KARL MEMBER

Eventually a good idea. But I`m pretty afraid that it would be like on YouTube: Many stupid and unnecessary comments. Would be much work for Bernhard to check all the vids for those comments. Because if there are those stupid comments like on Youtube it will be simply horrible.
In my opinion Drummerworld has to stay a pure source for drummers, vids, articles etc. Without comments.

Karl

Drummerworld Myspace.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:36 AM

I have just found this thread and wanted to make a comment even though it is a couple of months old. My video "History of Drums" has been on youtube for a little over 6 months. I had origionally set my video to allow comments after I view them. It got to a point that I felt that it was best to just disable comments altogether. Eventually I even disabled comments on my channel because I was getting diplays from undesirable sources.

Because I send students to my sight I have to check my site regularly to even weed out bad subscribers. I think many try to attach themselves to a successful video in hopes that they will get noticed.

I have actually considered pulling my video because of the garbage that is on Youtube. I have just found this forum, (although I have known about drummerworld for a long time), and I hope that I will be able to engage in some intelligent conversations with other drummers/percussionist.

Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Jay Webler

Last edited by jaywebler; 07-08-2007 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Try to load profile picture
Old 07-08-2007, 07:42 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBritt View Post
Very true. The commenters on Youtube are the worst I've ever seen. They attack Jeff Indyke's religious affiliation and a lot more and make violent comments. Blocking the user and deleting the comments is a job. It would take more staff/moderation time for Drummerworld, though given the right funding, could be potentially a neat constructive thing.
I hope Ive never made a bad comment on your or Jeffs vids....

I remember you sending a message thanking me for some nice comments.

I dont think Drummerworld needs to change - Its pretty much perfect.

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)