DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Heads and Sticks

Heads and Sticks Discuss Heads and Sticks

Old 07-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Silver Member

Default Evans EMAD Port Hole Muffling Rings

Does anyone know if Evans sells the muffling rings that come with the EMAD reso bass drum head, which go around the port hole?

Both of mine have been destroyed and it would be nice to have.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:32 PM
fourstringdrums

Default Re: Evans EMAD Port Hole Muffling Rings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jangus View Post
Does anyone know if Evans sells the muffling rings that come with the EMAD reso bass drum head, which go around the port hole?

Both of mine have been destroyed and it would be nice to have.
I'm sure they do. Just have whichever Evans dealer you use contact them and see, but I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem.
Old 07-05-2007, 07:43 AM

I had problems with them heads. Mine would just fly of at any point during a gig etc... Got a fantastic sound but they were a nightmare. I tried to glue them on... It didn't work. Twas a stupid idea anyway lol. Aquarian regulators are better

Last edited by RUSTE; 07-05-2007 at 07:45 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
fourstringdrums

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUSTE View Post
I had problems with them heads. Mine would just fly of at any point during a gig etc... Got a fantastic sound but they were a nightmare. I tried to glue them on... It didn't work. Twas a stupid idea anyway lol. Aquarian regulators are better
Are you sure they were on securely? I've used the EMAD Reso and it was always alittle bit of effort to get them off. The cut out around the ring is deep enough that they should never fly off.
Old 07-05-2007, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourstringdrums View Post
Are you sure they were on securely? I've used the EMAD Reso and it was always alittle bit of effort to get them off. The cut out around the ring is deep enough that they should never fly off.
Yeah. I think i was tuning it really high but they would just come off normaly into the bassdrum. Maybe the high tuning caused them to shake quickly & fly off.... I dont know but yeah they did. boths types of them
Old 10-13-2007, 05:21 AM

Bringing this thread back from the dead because I had issues with these rings too.

My first two went bad quickly, and I noticed it would start with that logo badge falling off and taking foam with it, that would start a tear, and then its all over.

I wrote to Evans through their website, and they emailed back saying they had redesigned the part and sent me another two for free.

Unfortunately one of the new ones has failed too... I think it's just inevitable. Probably going to switch or maybe write them again.
Old 10-13-2007, 08:27 PM
Pioneer Member

I had the same experience. The metal logo came off first, and the rings didn't stay in place very well. Usually falling off inside the kick drum. I didn't think they did that much anyway.

The head sounds fine without them.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:15 AM

Aquarian regulaters are the best bassdrum reso heads with damping false stops....