DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-29-2007, 08:10 AM
drummerern drummerern is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 197
Default new everything

ok, so...here goes...i recently have been buying cynbals and decided to buy a new set as well, so today i ordered a ddrum dominion ash in lime green sparkle, and yesterday i bought a ludwig snare from a freind, for only 175 so,,,i guess i just completely got everything brand new not relizing i had replaced every bit of equipment i had...lol, so i put my tamas on ebay...if you know anyone who wants a set tell them to search tama drumset and take a look....i'll post pics of all my new crap when the kit gets here just to consolidate space..........sorry for rambling....
__________________
i reject your reality and substitute my own!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-29-2007, 05:53 PM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

Dude I hope you happy with your ddrums, cause I just got rid of my dominion set, cause it was flat out horrible, worst made kit I have ever played on, throw-off was all screwed up, bearing edges cut wrong, hardware not holding up, you could maybe strike it up to coincidence but I went thru 3 kits with all the same problems, not to bum you out, but just to warn you man, if you could back out of the deal I highly suggest you do.

Sorry for the bad news.
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-29-2007, 08:22 PM
kung_f00's Avatar
kung_f00 kung_f00 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 528
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumbum View Post
Dude I hope you happy with your ddrums, cause I just got rid of my dominion set, cause it was flat out horrible, worst made kit I have ever played on, throw-off was all screwed up, bearing edges cut wrong, hardware not holding up, you could maybe strike it up to coincidence but I went thru 3 kits with all the same problems, not to bum you out, but just to warn you man, if you could back out of the deal I highly suggest you do.

Sorry for the bad news.
You had three ddrum kits with all the same problem? There have been plenty of reviews on here praising ddrum, in fact in the past I've considered the Maple Player configuraton, and when I played one in the store, it sounded worth the pricetag. Also, many people have had complaints about Pacific in the past.. but your kit came out to your liking, I'll assume? Think of it that way.

And you don't have the right to tell him to back out of the deal, that's crossing territory that you don't belong on. His kit may very well turn out perfectly, but if it doesn't.. it's something he made a conscious decision about, and something he'll have to deal with.
__________________
When in doubt, bring the funk...

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-29-2007, 08:40 PM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_f00 View Post
You had three ddrum kits with all the same problem? There have been plenty of reviews on here praising ddrum, in fact in the past I've considered the Maple Player configuraton, and when I played one in the store, it sounded worth the pricetag. Also, many people have had complaints about Pacific in the past.. but your kit came out to your liking, I'll assume? Think of it that way.

And you don't have the right to tell him to back out of the deal, that's crossing territory that you don't belong on. His kit may very well turn out perfectly, but if it doesn't.. it's something he made a conscious decision about, and something he'll have to deal with.
WOW!! Buddy calm down, I am just warning him, YES i went thru three(3) ddrum kits all with the same or MORE issues and defects, I am not lying, or exaggerating, I am being completely honest, I am completely disappointed with ddrum, I FEEL there products are garbage, and just don't want someone else to go thru that same hassle I went thru, 3 kits should tell everyone something, also take a look around the ddrum forum and you will see there are alot more people just like me, dealing with the exact same problems, and I can suggest him to back out because I have been there 3 times and they were all disasters, also I bet he didn't know about all these issues, so infact he did not make a conscious decision, so that is why I am writing what I am writing, just to simply INFORM him of the issues I have dealt with on 3 ddrum kits, just trying to help someone.
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-29-2007, 09:11 PM
BoxcarDrummer182's Avatar
BoxcarDrummer182 BoxcarDrummer182 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 282
Default Re: new everything

so what cymbals you gunna get?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-29-2007, 11:09 PM
kung_f00's Avatar
kung_f00 kung_f00 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 528
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumbum View Post
WOW!! Buddy calm down, I am just warning him, YES i went thru three(3) ddrum kits all with the same or MORE issues and defects, I am not lying, or exaggerating, I am being completely honest, I am completely disappointed with ddrum, I FEEL there products are garbage, and just don't want someone else to go thru that same hassle I went thru, 3 kits should tell everyone something, also take a look around the ddrum forum and you will see there are alot more people just like me, dealing with the exact same problems, and I can suggest him to back out because I have been there 3 times and they were all disasters, also I bet he didn't know about all these issues, so infact he did not make a conscious decision, so that is why I am writing what I am writing, just to simply INFORM him of the issues I have dealt with on 3 ddrum kits, just trying to help someone.
I've been calm, brah. I don't think any of my post alluded to me being angry, and I apologize if it did. I think it's one thing to warn him, but when you say "if you could back out of the deal I highly suggest you do.", that's not your territory. Even though you may think he's making a bad purchase, it comes down simply to this: you haven't inspected the particular kit in question, so you can't tell him with 100% certainty that the kit he wants to purchase is defunct.

Let me put things in perspective, because you haven't acknowledged my point about PDP. So, I'll elaborate: a while back, many users here were displeased with Pacific kits. They complained about the same things you're complaining about with ddrum. After users quit their bashing and decided to investigate, they realized that despite the fact that several users had issues with Pacific kits, these problems were isolated incidents.

So... it boils down to this. Every drum company has issues, and the majority of these companies are willing to compensate for a factory mistake on a kit. IF he encounters problems with his kit, then that's his learning experience. But he shouldn't shoot himself in the foot just because of the isolated incidents with other kits.

Should he be weary? Somewhat. Should he at least give it a shot and hope for the best? Definitely.
__________________
When in doubt, bring the funk...

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:01 AM
Mr. Pasquini's Avatar
Mr. Pasquini Mr. Pasquini is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: High Point, NC (USA)
Posts: 1,222
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumbum View Post
if you could back out of the deal I highly suggest you do.
That's not for you to decide. He may love it. I loved the ash kit I played one day, I think they feel pretty good (esp. for the price).

Gratz on the new kit.
__________________
-Ian
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:12 AM
BoxcarDrummer182's Avatar
BoxcarDrummer182 BoxcarDrummer182 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 282
Default Re: new everything

i also love how he's dissing ddrum. look at his name. funny stuff going on here. but seriously, what cymbals?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

OK then You all go thru 3 ddrum sets, all with defects and see how you feel about ddrum after that, in my opinon there JUNK, and kung f00 can you show me where those are listen about the PDP sets being bad? What series? Because I realize there cheaper series have defects, but have not heard anything bad about there upper line series MX, or LXE line, I absolutely love my PDP drums, they sing, there free of ANY defects, solid craftsmanship, ddrum does not know what this means, I WENT THRU 3 dominion Ash kits(this is there top of the line)all with major defects, I just about garentee it will have something wrong, but for his sake I surely hope not.

P.S. Hey boxcardrummer182 my name is still ddrumbum because I can't change it.
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:33 AM
tkillian tkillian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 75
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumbum View Post
OK then You all go thru 3 ddrum sets, all with defects and see how you feel about ddrum after that, in my opinon there JUNK, and kung f00 can you show me where those are listen about the PDP sets being bad? What series? Because I realize there cheaper series have defects, but have not heard anything bad about there upper line series MX, or LXE line, I absolutely love my PDP drums, they sing, there free of ANY defects, solid craftsmanship, ddrum does not know what this means, I WENT THRU 3 dominion Ash kits(this is there top of the line)all with major defects, I just about garentee it will have something wrong, but for his sake I surely hope not.

P.S. Hey boxcardrummer182 my name is still ddrumbum because I can't change it.
You might want to consider changing your screename then. When I read ddrumbum its sounds like you like these drums. This is a very small, petty little thing...just a gut reaction to seeing this post. Im sure it doesnt reflect who you are etc...blah,blah,blah...its just strikes me as conflicting.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:34 AM
tkillian tkillian is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 75
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumbum View Post
OK then You all go thru 3 ddrum sets, all with defects and see how you feel about ddrum after that, in my opinon there JUNK, and kung f00 can you show me where those are listen about the PDP sets being bad? What series? Because I realize there cheaper series have defects, but have not heard anything bad about there upper line series MX, or LXE line, I absolutely love my PDP drums, they sing, there free of ANY defects, solid craftsmanship, ddrum does not know what this means, I WENT THRU 3 dominion Ash kits(this is there top of the line)all with major defects, I just about garentee it will have something wrong, but for his sake I surely hope not.

P.S. Hey boxcardrummer182 my name is still ddrumbum because I can't change it.
...qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-30-2007, 12:52 AM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkillian View Post
You might want to consider changing your screename then. When I read ddrumbum its sounds like you like these drums. This is a very small, petty little thing...just a gut reaction to seeing this post. Im sure it doesnt reflect who you are etc...blah,blah,blah...its just strikes me as conflicting.
Honestly I wish I could, OK listen guys I am not trying to be a dick, I am trying to be the complete opposite, I am just trying to help someone not go thru the same crap I did, I only made suggestions, and gave my experiance with ddrum, really guys I am a nice guy.
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-30-2007, 01:15 AM
kung_f00's Avatar
kung_f00 kung_f00 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 528
Default Re: new everything

Mods: Sorry for the arguing, I'm taking the remainder of it to PMs. Sorry for derailment. *ddrumbum, it says I can't PM you, but I would like to continue this discussion with you*

drummerern: What are the specs, and what was the pricetag? Oh, and if you need help selling your Tamas, you'd do well to put them on the Classifieds thread in General Discussion.
__________________
When in doubt, bring the funk...

Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-30-2007, 08:29 AM
drummerern drummerern is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 197
Default Re: new everything

oh...wow...i've heard that they have problems and i'm willing to deal with them if they arise but i've done my homework and lots of research, and also played a few of the kits and i love averything abpout them.....

my new cymbals are a 20" ping ride...16" aax-plosion crash....and 18"aax-plosion
my hats are vintage zildjians along with my 20" crash/ride

pics up soon
__________________
i reject your reality and substitute my own!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerern View Post
oh...wow...i've heard that they have problems and i'm willing to deal with them if they arise but i've done my homework and lots of research, and also played a few of the kits and i love averything abpout them.....

my new cymbals are a 20" ping ride...16" aax-plosion crash....and 18"aax-plosion
my hats are vintage zildjians along with my 20" crash/ride

pics up soon
Excellent, that is all that matters, I am very glad you are happy with your set, I wish I could have had the same experience with my ddrums, but all is good I got my PDP's.

Awesome cymbals BTW.
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Ironcobra's Avatar
Ironcobra Ironcobra is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,209
Default Re: new everything

putting all the arguing to rest....i have some questions....

1.ddrumbum: if you had a ddrum set that was defective, why would you buy a second, and then a THIRD? must have been something good about them? (or were these replacements by ddrum?)

2. drummerern: what tama did you have? if must have been something lower end, because usually people dont replace a decent tama for a ddrum. (sorry if i missed anything in the posts, i was trying to skip through the pointless arguing)
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-30-2007, 05:30 PM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironcobra View Post
putting all the arguing to rest....i have some questions....

1.ddrumbum: if you had a ddrum set that was defective, why would you buy a second, and then a THIRD? must have been something good about them? (or were these replacements by ddrum?)
They were replacements from ddrum, I would have never bought three kits, I must say Kevin from ddrum did try to make it right, but they just kept coming in defective, even he got frustrated. Honestly the only good thing about those drums was the finish, that is just my opinion based on my experience.
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 07-01-2007, 12:41 AM
drummerern drummerern is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Amarillo, TX
Posts: 197
Default Re: new everything

i was playing a tama rockstar custom....loved it but it was time for something different ya know?....the ddrums will not so much be a replcement but a gig kit so i can work on my vintge ludwigs without having to lug them around
__________________
i reject your reality and substitute my own!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 AM
ddrumbum ddrumbum is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 111
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerern View Post
i was playing a tama rockstar custom....loved it but it was time for something different ya know?....the ddrums will not so much be a replcement but a gig kit so i can work on my vintge ludwigs without having to lug them around
Cool man, what finish are you getting again, got some pics to show us?
__________________
I proudly play PDP LXE drums, Zildjian Cymbals, Vic Firth Sticks and Remo Heads.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 07-01-2007, 03:40 AM
iamtak iamtak is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 154
Default Re: new everything

when did drummerworld become a congraduations only forum?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 07-01-2007, 04:03 AM
kung_f00's Avatar
kung_f00 kung_f00 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 528
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtak View Post
when did drummerworld become a congraduations only forum?
I don't think that necessarily the case, but I can see where you draw that conclusion. Hijacking his thread with a non sequitur however, won't do your question justice.

And ironcobra, the argument was on topic, and it certainly did have a point. My intent was to make drummererm feel confident but aware of his purchase.
__________________
When in doubt, bring the funk...

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 07-01-2007, 05:11 AM
fourstringdrums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: new everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrumbum View Post
can you show me where those are listen about the PDP sets being bad? What series?
Do a search, there are plenty of threads relating to PDP atleast previously having quality control problems.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com