DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Other Gear

Other Gear Discuss Hardware and all other equipment not covered in the other topics

Old 05-21-2007, 05:24 PM

Default Bose noise cancelling headphones

A buddy just gave me a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort2, Noise canceling headphones. Most amazing headphones i've ever heard. I don't know if i would've spent 300 on em but they are really good. Really good design, can play in comfort for hours.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Bose noise cancelling headphones

Gave you them for free? That's pretty nice of him, are they $300 or 300 or what usually?

Tom
Old 05-21-2007, 05:31 PM

they list on Musicians Friend for $299, i totally got lucky, he bought em for international flights, used like 4 times.. thats a friend. im too new to drummin, no way id spend that much on headphones. i was lookin at pickup a cheap 50$ pair.. score!

btw im new here, first posts, thanks for everyones input, awesome resource!
Old 07-04-2007, 03:45 PM
Platinum Member

I've been thinking about buying a pair just to play along with some music, but been reluctant becuase I never knew if it would work. Tell me, can you actually hear the music when you play? Is it feasible for drummers?
Old 07-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Pioneer Member

My recommendation for anyone using headphones to practice is to wear foam ear plugs between the phones and your ears to protect your hearing from the loud volume created by your drums and the music.

I've heard the bose are great, just never tried them yet, I use some Sony's that were a $100 and they sound great. You're a lucky guy if he gave you those Bose!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 02:30 PM
Silver Member

I own a pair and they are everything they are cracked up to be. I do where foam earplugs with the bose when I play along to music, but for just plain ol' jammin',,,they can't be beat.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
I've been thinking about buying a pair just to play along with some music, but been reluctant becuase I never knew if it would work. Tell me, can you actually hear the music when you play? Is it feasible for drummers?
Before you drop $300 for a name (Bose), check some others out. AKGs, Audio Technicas, Sennheisers etc. I can almost guarantee you can get headphones from one of those three that sound better and are constructed a ton better for way less. And if you want to shell out $300 on another brand, then even better.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdschnee View Post
Before you drop $300 for a name (Bose), check some others out. AKGs, Audio Technicas, Sennheisers etc. I can almost guarantee you can get headphones from one of those three that sound better and are constructed a ton better for way less. And if you want to shell out $300 on another brand, then even better.

Thanks man, I didn't know there were so many out there. I waited nearly 4 months for someone to answer my question. Patience always rewards..
Old 12-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slingerland755 View Post
I own a pair and they are everything they are cracked up to be. I do where foam earplugs with the bose when I play along to music, but for just plain ol' jammin',,,they can't be beat.
What's the point of noise cancelling headphones if you wear earplugs? How much dB do they actually isolate across what frequencies?

I heard several disadvantages:

- They exert discomfortable pressure against the eardrum.
- They work well for continuous sounds but not for rapidly changing sounds (like drums).
- They may introduce additional noise in the form of high-frequency hiss.

To me this sounds like a sure way to deafness.
Old 12-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdschnee View Post
I'm happy with my Logitec noise cancelling headphones.

GJS