DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 04-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Pioneer Member

Default I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion

Here's the deal. Since October, my band, who is only 6 months old, participated in a Battle of the Bands through a company called Supernova. We came 3rd. In December, we played another Battle of the Bands in December and came first. We were awarded a spot in the Vancouver city wide finals where we came second and was awarded a spot in the Western Canada Online vote. People from all over Canada and USA were allowed to vote for who they thought was the best band in Western Canada (through this company of course). We won that vote. Next we were thrown into the National Online Vote. 12 of the top independant bands out of over 2000 other bands were in this vote.

My band, Grand Theft Radio, WON the Canadian National Vote and is now being flown out to Toronto to play NXNE in June!!! For the past 24 hours, i've had no sleep, haven't been able to sleep.

I posted a thread a while ago asking for your votes. A few of you did, I can only remember Nhzoso and MichaelDrums, but to anyone else who voted, I sincerely thank you all! This festival could very well take out band to that next step.

So again, thank you to everyone who voted for us, and to anyone here who is from Toronto, we'll see you at the show.....possibly!
Old 04-02-2008, 10:55 PM

Default Re: I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous_drummer View Post
Here's the deal. Since October, my band, who is only 6 months old, participated in a Battle of the Bands through a company called Supernova. We came 3rd. In December, we played another Battle of the Bands in December and came first. We were awarded a spot in the Vancouver city wide finals where we came second and was awarded a spot in the Western Canada Online vote. People from all over Canada and USA were allowed to vote for who they thought was the best band in Western Canada (through this company of course). We won that vote. Next we were thrown into the National Online Vote. 12 of the top independant bands out of over 2000 other bands were in this vote.

My band, Grand Theft Radio, WON the Canadian National Vote and is now being flown out to Toronto to play NXNE in June!!! For the past 24 hours, i've had no sleep, haven't been able to sleep.

I posted a thread a while ago asking for your votes. A few of you did, I can only remember Nhzoso and MichaelDrums, but to anyone else who voted, I sincerely thank you all! This festival could very well take out band to that next step.

So again, thank you to everyone who voted for us, and to anyone here who is from Toronto, we'll see you at the show.....possibly!
Good job man. Good job indeed.

The best of luck to you at your concert!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:45 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: I have an announcement to make......a little bit of shameless self promotion

I voted for you via the facebook messages (from your group) that were sent :)

Good luck and keep on rocking!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 12:46 AM

Thats super cool, congratulations! Good luck with the concert.
Old 04-04-2008, 11:09 AM
Platinum Member

Awsome man, congrats.
Old 04-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Silver Member

Good luck, will it be on TV?

Tom
Old 04-04-2008, 04:20 PM
michael drums

YEAH!!

Way to go, rd! ;-)

Congratulations and Good Luck to you and all of Grand Theft Radio!

Awesome...Play On! :-)
Old 04-04-2008, 09:32 PM
Pioneer Member

Thanks everyone! It won't be televised, but I've heard from many bands and people who have been to NXNE, that there are tons of record company reps so we'll see what happens there. It's exciting and extremely stressful all at the same time because we are recording our EP in May and would like to have something to give to them, but i'm not complaining.