DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 09-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Platinum Member

Default Official forum UK meet up/other arrangements/news. London Drum Show!

London Drum Show 2014 is a big deal this year, for many reasons. Double the size (by far Europe's biggest dedicated drumming event) & a stellar artist lineup are just two highlights I can think of. Dates are Saturday November 8th/Sunday November 9th. http://www.londondrumshow.com/visit/live-stage/

Background info out of the way, please use this thread for all information about forum member participation & arrangements. I'll kick off with early arrangements for the Drummerworld forum group photo.

This year, the forum member photo call will be a bit different. I've reached out to well known & respected pro forum members, & I've already had positive replies. Most kindly, both Gavin & Todd have agreed to attend the forum group photo shoot on the Saturday despite their busy programs. Unfortunately, that means a slightly fluid meet up time arrangement that will likely only be nailed down on the day, so communication will be key. Please chime in/check in here for details as we get closer to the event, & also to let us know who will be attending.

That's all for now. Just remains for me to say how much I'm looking forward to meeting faces old & new.

Andy.

Last edited by keep it simple; 09-27-2014 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official forum UK meet up/other arrangements/news. London Drum Show!

I know it's a touch early, but please chime in on who's attending. I'm trying to arrange some forum member treats, in addition to Gavin Harrison & Todd Sucherman graciously agreeing to join in the forum photo :)
Old 09-29-2014, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Official forum UK meet up/other arrangements/news. London Drum Show!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I know it's a touch early, but please chime in on who's attending. I'm trying to arrange some forum member treats, in addition to Gavin Harrison & Todd Sucherman graciously agreeing to join in the forum photo :)
For the purposes of being official, because I know you know, Liam and I are coming on the Saturday.
Old 09-29-2014, 09:14 PM

Il be there saturday, what time do we meet at the guru stall? still cant believe the prezzies, its unbelievable to me!!! Any chance of a forum "win a guru snare" comp :P Im going to be seeing eric harland, the guy is a jazz machine <3

Last edited by StaggerLee; 09-29-2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 02:56 AM

I'm going to price a.flight across the pond and the cost.of a London hotel room. Last time I visited I stayed at the Park Lane Hilton but that was on my employer's dime. If I make the trip, the accommodation won't be as nice but man, what a great excuse for a trip! Now if I can just swing the finances.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:36 PM

I'm there again on the Saturday & looking forward to it immensely.

Very much up for a meet up again.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:55 PM
Platinum Member

Ticket for Sunday. Alas, I haven't got the time off work this year. Nevertheless, looking forward to it as ever!
Old 09-30-2014, 10:08 PM

aww sucky, would have been nice to have seen you again :(
Old 09-30-2014, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee View Post
aww sucky, would have been nice to have seen you again :(
Sorry dude. Unfortunately Saturday working waits for no man! Would've been good to see you too mate.
Old 10-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Platinum Member

I've got a gig in the Netherlands on the Saturday...and I have no idea when I'll be back on the Sunday so I can't promise to be there at all, unfortunately...
Old 10-01-2014, 08:45 AM

Thanks for organising, Andy. Sounds like an excellent plan.
Would be great to meet those of you guys who can make it.
I have some plans for that Saturday I'll have to try to re-arrange, so a maybe for now.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:02 AM

Ill be there both days!

Really excited for it.

Let me know the plans

D

Dave Major
Professional Drummer
www.dave-major.com
Old 10-01-2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQleyR View Post
I've got a gig in the Netherlands on the Saturday...and I have no idea when I'll be back on the Sunday so I can't promise to be there at all, unfortunately...
Oh where? I have gigged a few times in Groningen, though mainly because i part live there....
Old 10-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Platinum Member

A mixture of good & bad news. Duncan missing Saturday's festivities, Ben missing altogether, really not good. On the plus side, new people for me to meet :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by steadypocket View Post
I'm going to price a.flight across the pond and the cost.of a London hotel room. Last time I visited I stayed at the Park Lane Hilton but that was on my employer's dime. If I make the trip, the accommodation won't be as nice but man, what a great excuse for a trip! Now if I can just swing the finances.
You're kidding - right? Really? Wow, I can promise a super welcome:) Don't forget to factor in a shipping saving on a certain drum ;) ;) ;)

if you want help finding a hotel, please let me know. Of course, it's late in the day for bargains. We're staying in a small low end budget hotel we nailed for cheap earlier this year. As long as it's clean, that's enough. We won't be spending any time there anyhow other than sleeping.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Silver Member

i'll definitely be there both days. (maybe even friday, if you're there andy?)

I very much look forward to the photoshoot :)
Duncan not being there on saturday is unacceptable tho.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:05 PM

The most annoying thingh though Andy is I get into london at 10.58...and then need to get across to the olympia.

emans I won't get there for 11.30 at least and I'll miss Michelle doing her thing!!

Bugger!

D

Dave Major
Professional Drummer
www.dave-major.com
Old 10-02-2014, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member

I know you told me ages ago you were going on the Sunday, Duncan, but I've only just realised this means I won't see you :'(

I'll just have to hang around with dear David and Liam and rely on them to cheer me up.

Incidentally, what if anything do people have on their shopping lists? Finances permitting (I still have one more saddle to sell) I'm after a new crash. I know exactly what I want, but I'm going to test-drive as many as I can, just for the hell of it.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
Incidentally, what if anything do people have on their shopping lists? Finances permitting (I still have one more saddle to sell) I'm after a new crash. I know exactly what I want, but I'm going to test-drive as many as I can, just for the hell of it.
Lol... and you seem to think i have money for anything bar possibly bringing a picnic with me aha. Seriously? Yeah nothing unless i get birthday money, in which case maybe a drum head or sticks.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 PM

Rearranged plans for Saturday, so see you guys there!
Old 10-02-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I know you told me ages ago you were going on the Sunday, Duncan, but I've only just realised this means I won't see you :'(

I'll just have to hang around with dear David and Liam and rely on them to cheer me up.

Nothing for me either - mostly curious about the atmosphere...
Old 10-02-2014, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

Sorry to disappoint. The good thing for you Madge, is that you get to see your favourite Lovely Young Men! I'm sorry I won't see you either. I can only really do one day this year and regretfully it has to be the Sunday when the hangovers are in full flow but I'll do my best to be my usual self (for better or worse)! I know it's unacceptable and I have no idea how I'm going to live with myself.

Shopping list? Nothing in particular. I just like hanging around drums...
Old 10-02-2014, 07:37 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Oh where? I have gigged a few times in Groningen, though mainly because i part live there....
Apeldoorn, apparently. It's a festival called Brainstorm Festival. It'll be fun I'm sure, but a real shame to miss the LDS...this will be the first year I've not been able to go at all, actually.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQleyR View Post
Apeldoorn, apparently. It's a festival called Brainstorm Festival. It'll be fun I'm sure, but a real shame to miss the LDS...this will be the first year I've not been able to go at all, actually.
Shame il miss you, but might meet you in netherlands sometime :) Good luck wit the gig!!!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitForItDrummer View Post
Yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
The good thing for you Madge, is that you get to see your favourite Lovely Young Men! I know it's unacceptable and I have no idea how I'm going to live with myself.
Well, two out of three ain't bad, as they say, but it is unacceptable.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:21 AM
Administrator

Tony Royster has now signed to attend.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:12 AM
Platinum Member

Wow what a lineup!!
Bummer I can't be there :(!
Old 10-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Floegel View Post
i'll definitely be there both days. (maybe even friday, if you're there andy?)

I very much look forward to the photoshoot :)
Duncan not being there on saturday is unacceptable tho.
Agreed all round! Yes, I'm there Friday David. Earliest load in this year is 10:00AM - now that's unacceptable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Major View Post
The most annoying thingh though Andy is I get into london at 10.58...and then need to get across to the olympia.

emans I won't get there for 11.30 at least and I'll miss Michelle doing her thing!!

Bugger!

D
TAXI!!! Seriously, don't bugger around with trains. It's only once/year. Michele's Jazz Tap Project is a must see!

Quote:
I know exactly what I want
:)

Quote:
Lol... and you seem to think i have money for anything bar possibly bringing a picnic with me aha. Seriously? Yeah nothing unless i get birthday money, in which case maybe a drum head or sticks.
Don't be greedy, you've got plenty of presents already ;)

Quote:
Superb!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
I just like hanging around drums...
Slut! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
Wow what a lineup!!
Bummer I can't be there :(!
Indeed! & yes, a bummer you can't come. Probably one of the best lineups I've seen in any show anywhere! Pity I'll miss almost all of it :(
Old 10-03-2014, 10:57 AM

Pretty psyched about it!
Old 10-03-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Don't be greedy, you've got plenty of presents already ;)
(
With me, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is
Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Pretty psyched about it!
Excellent!!

Quote:
With me, if it sounds too good to be true it usually is
If I make a promise, I keep it.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Probably one of the best lineups I've seen in any show anywhere! Pity I'll miss almost all of it :(
We had the first Swiss drumfestival last weekend, in my hometown even :)! I had the chance
to watch and hear Claus Hessler, Gergo Borlai, Thomas Lang, Florian Alexandru-Zorn,
George Kollias and Milyous Johnson on the same day :)! What a lineup that was, too!!
Gergo and Claus absolutely killed it!!!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
We had the first Swiss drumfestival last weekend, in my hometown even :)! I had the chance
to watch and hear Claus Hessler, Gergo Borlai, Thomas Lang, Florian Alexandru-Zorn,
George Kollias and Milyous Johnson on the same day :)! What a lineup that was, too!!
Gergo and Claus absolutely killed it!!!
That's quite a show right there! I take it you enjoyed yourself immensely :)

On the subject of enjoyment, & if you want to experience something utterly different - so different, that it makes you examine how your drumming translates to other artists, miss this at your peril! It's free, you're already there - 11:30 Saturday, on the Cafe/acoustic stage in the exhibition hall :) Of course, if you miss it for free, you can see the show again (albeit longer & with more dancers) for a mere 30 a ticket headlining theatre at this year's London Jazz Festival! This is not normal drum show stuff!!!
Attached Images

Old 10-08-2014, 09:40 PM
Silver Member

I'll be there this year! It'll be my first one. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Old 10-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvansSpecialist View Post
I'll be there this year! It'll be my first one. Looking forward to meeting you all!
Very much looking forward to meeting you Ben, & you'll be able to hear what we do with your heads ;)
Old 10-08-2014, 10:25 PM
"Uncle Larry"

:(

Wishing I was going to go there again this year.

Gomez Addams
Old 10-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
:(

Wishing I was going to go there again this year.
I'm wishing that too Larry. I didn't have nearly enough time with you, & TBH, with this year's show being a much bigger event, I kinda wished you'd come this year rather than last.

Larry, as a side issue, how far are you from West Berlin - NJ?
Old 10-08-2014, 11:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
11:30 Saturday, on the Cafe/acoustic stage in the exhibition hall :)
Arsebiscuits - that overlaps with Gavin Harrison, unless he's only doing 15 minutes? Lots of big sweary words.

ETA I wish Larry, Grea and Ben were coming again this year too. Henri is coming, isn't he?
Old 10-09-2014, 12:24 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Arsebiscuits - that overlaps with Gavin Harrison, unless he's only doing 15 minutes? Lots of big sweary words.

ETA I wish Larry, Grea and Ben were coming again this year too. Henri is coming, isn't he?
Arsebiscuits indeed (although I don't care to think how you came up with that term :( The clash with Gavin's MainStage performance is most unfortunate. That said, as there's continuous shows throughout each day between the main stage & masterclass suite, it was always going to clash with something good. The main stage theatre holds 550 people, & there's going to be between 3 & 5,000 at the show each day, so plenty of people who didn't get in to see Gavin will get the best possible alternative experience :)
Old 10-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

Well I'm still miffed, because I've got a ticket for GH but I've spent the past 12 months wishing I'd been able to see Michele's show. Gavin's just going to have to manage without me :(

It's one of Father Jack's, by the way.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Well I'm still miffed, because I've got a ticket for GH but I've spent the past 12 months wishing I'd been able to see Michele's show. Gavin's just going to have to manage without me :(

It's one of Father Jack's, by the way.
That would be an ecumenical matter.