DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #281  
Old 10-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,658
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
Oh well... if you think it, then it must be. Rock on.
You do realize that not everyone on this forum is a 14 year old with a big mouth? Some are actually seasoned musicians and experienced professionals. A little respect would help. Your name isn't by any chance Mark, is it?
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 10-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Geri Attrique's Avatar
Geri Attrique Geri Attrique is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 74
Default Re: Meg White

Ahhh the drama of the interweeb!

Interesting aside, Meg was only playing for 2 months when they recorded their first album. I have been playing 9 months, and I am too self-conscious to post a video to YouTube. I feel like I have sooo much more improving to do. Sometimes being a perfectionist holds you back because you never feel you will be good enough. Hats off to Meg for jumping right in, whether or not the playing was good or not!
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 10-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Coldhardsteel's Avatar
Coldhardsteel Coldhardsteel is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Maryland, United states of America
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
Hi guys,

Wow controversial thread.

Have to admit, I find listening to White Stripes difficult - because of the drumming.
Once upon a time there was a man named Omar Hakim.

He started playing drums at a young age and eventually became very successful in his own right as a session drummer.

He is quoted as saying that he "doesn't want others to think of him as a drummer, but as a musician".

I've run across too many drummers my age who think that because they play drums, it's their responsibility to base their enjoyment of music solely on the drum track. I don't know how old you are, Jennygirl, or what your experiences with drumming are, but if you dislike the White Stripes based solely on the fact that Meg White's drumming isn't to your taste, I don't quite know what to say.

Then again, it's your tastes or whatever.
__________________
"At the end of the day you just draw pretty pictures on a field and play some rimp ska dimps."
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 10-20-2010, 03:51 PM
Thaard's Avatar
Thaard Thaard is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,461
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldhardsteel View Post
Once upon a time there was a man named Omar Hakim.

He started playing drums at a young age and eventually became very successful in his own right as a session drummer.

He is quoted as saying that he "doesn't want others to think of him as a drummer, but as a musician".

I've run across too many drummers my age who think that because they play drums, it's their responsibility to base their enjoyment of music solely on the drum track. I don't know how old you are, Jennygirl, or what your experiences with drumming are, but if you dislike the White Stripes based solely on the fact that Meg White's drumming isn't to your taste, I don't quite know what to say.

Then again, it's your tastes or whatever.
Come on! You haven't listened to an album because the drums were awesome?
Omar Hakim is an awesome drummer, and even if he is a musician, he plays the drums therefore he is a drummer(and a musician).
People who play instruments need to look up to somebody for inspiration, and when a musician plays awesome(be it musically or technically) on their preferred instrument, they will latch onto that person. For me, this can make an album go from good, to awesome.

Meg Whites drumming is a large part of the White Stripes(its only guitar and drums), so disliking Meg is disliking 50% of the band. Therefore, Jennygirls personal opinion is more righteous.
Personally, I would remove all of Meg's cymbals and replace them with hi-hats, so she wouldn't bash them constantly.
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 10-28-2010, 10:21 PM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Meg White

From the horse's mouth: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDVduMCo01o and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuuCHCJiV-Q
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 10-29-2010, 02:06 AM
Average Average is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 475
Default Re: Meg White

This has really gone WAY too far. And YES I watched the interview.

THE EMPEROR HAS NO CLOTHING!!!


Its a really bizarre time in human history when the lack of ability is seen as adding to a performance. I can't think of another time or another venue of human endeavor when being terrible at the actual skills required for the endeavor is seen as a positive. WTF???

Can you imagine bringing your car to a mechanic who 'worked on my car like a child' and celebrating his ineptitude? Can you imagine going to a surgeon who 'operated like a child' and celebrating his inability? And yeah, I get that there is a world of difference between fixing your car, fixing your body and going to a show. The main difference is, when your a$$ is actually ON THE LINE, there isn't time for this foolishness.

I'm done with this stupid thread.

Last edited by Average; 10-29-2010 at 02:06 AM. Reason: PS- last point
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 10-29-2010, 07:22 AM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Meg White

I just thought those vids just provided some helpful background on the topic, given that it's so controversial.

Sorry Average. I didn't mean to give you palpitations.
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 12-21-2010, 09:55 AM
charlir charlir is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1
Default Re: Meg White

have some of you ever even played .. as a percussionist a complicated drummer isnt an asset there so busy being frilly they forget to play .. thats the diff between a pro and a "drummer who thinks they are" I dont care what they can do theres a time and a place ..play with not to the group >> I would so choose a simple drummer over one that is adding to much .. THINK
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 12-21-2010, 03:08 PM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,960
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlir View Post
have some of you ever even played .. as a percussionist a complicated drummer isnt an asset there so busy being frilly they forget to play .. thats the diff between a pro and a "drummer who thinks they are" I dont care what they can do theres a time and a place ..play with not to the group >> I would so choose a simple drummer over one that is adding to much .. THINK
So, are you offering Meg a job? :-)
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
JSARAH5589 JSARAH5589 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Paris
Posts: 1
Default Re: Meg White

Meg White is perfect
__________________
JSARAH5589
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
inneedofgrace's Avatar
inneedofgrace inneedofgrace is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey - Exit 5
Posts: 1,560
Default Re: Meg White

I don't like the angle on her bass-mounted tom.
__________________
"Through many dangers, toils and snares..." - Amazing Grace, third verse
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 12-28-2010, 10:35 PM
beastdrummagirl's Avatar
beastdrummagirl beastdrummagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 242
Default Re: Meg White

I'm not sure how many of ya'll are aware of this but, Neon Trees also has a girl drummer (Elaine Bradley). Name:  Elaine Bradley.jpg
Views: 2623
Size:  90.6 KB :) Just saying. I'm just glad more girl drummers are popping up in well known bands. It's kinda a glimmer of hope for girl drummers like me. Kinda an inspiration to keep playing.
__________________
*gypsy in the soul, artist in the mind, human in the body.*

Last edited by beastdrummagirl; 12-28-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 12-28-2010, 11:43 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,517
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post
I don't like the angle on her bass-mounted tom.
hahaha! That's funny.

Seems like there's so much emphasis put on how it's "supposed to be".
"It's not 'proper' to"..... Who gives a flip?

People seem to forget there are no rules in music. It either sounds good, or not.

White Stripes? It's just music.

It's just a band.

You like it or you don't. It's no deeper than that.

Anything past that is purley sour grapes or whatever in someone's head that they are either pissed that someone "so lame" to them is "famous", or they think they could do it better, or the person should do things "the right way".
Who cares?

Go start your own band, get a following, get money backing, tour, and do it the way you want.

I don't really listen to WS. Some of it I like, some I don't. I like Jack's other bands more, but that has nothing to do with Meg.

It doesn't affect me at all if some drummer is popular, or recognized or not.

The "masses" have no clue on "good", if they can tap their feet to it, or hum it, they like it, and buy it.

Who cares how someone holds their sticks or tilts their toms or whatever?
It's not relevant at all within the music you hear.

IMO, time is better spent to do what YOU (anyone) do, and getting better at being the drummer YOU are, and focusing on that instead of being irritated by someone else's "lack of whatever".

Don't mean to sound "soapboxy", probably does, but oh well...
__________________
My band Artificial Agent here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116637
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 12-29-2010, 12:34 AM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,658
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastdrummagirl View Post
I'm just glad more girl drummers are popping up in well known bands. It's kinda a glimmer of hope for girl drummers like me. Kinda an inspiration to keep playing.
Hey beast girl! It's not that being a girl disables you or anything!! I'd just look at yourself as a drummer first if I were you, no matter the gender. If you label yourself as a girl drummer, you're helping people suggest "girl drummers" are different than "drummers". Which isn't the case at all, is it? Just sayin' ;)
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:15 AM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,517
Default Re: Meg White

My Grandmother was a touring drummer in the 20's.
__________________
My band Artificial Agent here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116637
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 12-29-2010, 05:30 AM
beastdrummagirl's Avatar
beastdrummagirl beastdrummagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 242
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
Hey beast girl! It's not that being a girl disables you or anything!! I'd just look at yourself as a drummer first if I were you, no matter the gender. If you label yourself as a girl drummer, you're helping people suggest "girl drummers" are different than "drummers". Which isn't the case at all, is it? Just sayin' ;)
You're totally right but alot of people disagree. I consider myself the typical drummer. alot of other people who aren't musicians seem to judge by gender which get's really annoying after a while. haha. and no. drummers are drummers. :)
__________________
*gypsy in the soul, artist in the mind, human in the body.*
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 12-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Joey182's Avatar
Joey182 Joey182 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 638
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastdrummagirl View Post
I'm not sure how many of ya'll are aware of this but, Neon Trees also has a girl drummer (Elaine Bradley). Attachment 38057 :) Just saying. I'm just glad more girl drummers are popping up in well known bands. It's kinda a glimmer of hope for girl drummers like me. Kinda an inspiration to keep playing.
I hate to say this about another drummer (especially a girl). But I absolutely HATE watching her play. She makes no movements and has no feeling or emotion at all! She barely hits anything harder than the strength a 2 year old would have!

Sorry for using "hate". Just that "dislike" wouldn't be enough.
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 12-29-2010, 07:17 AM
bobdadruma's Avatar
bobdadruma bobdadruma is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: second measure of a fill-in
Posts: 10,379
Default Re: Meg White

There is an old saying that says that any publicity is good publicity.
Meg is getting her fair share of publicity.
If it wasn't for this thread I wouldn't have known who Meg and The White Stripes were!
You go Meg!
You are unique.
I wish that my kit would move down the street as I played it.
I'd drive my kit to work!
__________________
I kind of like old drums:)
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 12-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastdrummagirl View Post
You're totally right but alot of people disagree. I consider myself the typical drummer. alot of other people who aren't musicians seem to judge by gender which get's really annoying after a while. haha. and no. drummers are drummers. :)
Yep, Beastie, drummers are just drummers. A handful of dinosaurs don't want to accept us into "the club" but a lot of people think it's pretty cool to see a woman behind the kit ... and the general manager of a local club my band's played at has twice helped me lug my gear out to my car :)
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 12-29-2010, 06:58 PM
chaymus chaymus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 336
Default Re: Meg White

Reply With Quote
  #301  
Old 12-29-2010, 09:56 PM
beastdrummagirl's Avatar
beastdrummagirl beastdrummagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 242
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey182 View Post
I hate to say this about another drummer (especially a girl). But I absolutely HATE watching her play. She makes no movements and has no feeling or emotion at all! She barely hits anything harder than the strength a 2 year old would have!

Sorry for using "hate". Just that "dislike" wouldn't be enough.
To be honest, I don't like her drumming either but she is "famous" for it. Now if i saw her show some emotion and get a lil funky, I'd have a different opinion. Watching her play is kinda annoying actually... haha. But, you have to admit, she's made it pretty far.
__________________
*gypsy in the soul, artist in the mind, human in the body.*
Reply With Quote
  #302  
Old 12-29-2010, 09:57 PM
beastdrummagirl's Avatar
beastdrummagirl beastdrummagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 242
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Yep, Beastie, drummers are just drummers. A handful of dinosaurs don't want to accept us into "the club" but a lot of people think it's pretty cool to see a woman behind the kit ... and the general manager of a local club my band's played at has twice helped me lug my gear out to my car :)
I've gotten my share of compliments and such for being a girl drummer. and I've had similar things when I play. Makes it easier on me. haha. :)
__________________
*gypsy in the soul, artist in the mind, human in the body.*
Reply With Quote
  #303  
Old 12-29-2010, 11:57 PM
inneedofgrace's Avatar
inneedofgrace inneedofgrace is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey - Exit 5
Posts: 1,560
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
hahaha! That's funny.

Seems like there's so much emphasis put on how it's "supposed to be".
"It's not 'proper' to"..... Who gives a flip?

People seem to forget there are no rules in music. It either sounds good, or not.

White Stripes? It's just music.

It's just a band.

You like it or you don't. It's no deeper than that.

Anything past that is purley sour grapes or whatever in someone's head that they are either pissed that someone "so lame" to them is "famous", or they think they could do it better, or the person should do things "the right way".
Who cares?

Go start your own band, get a following, get money backing, tour, and do it the way you want.

I don't really listen to WS. Some of it I like, some I don't. I like Jack's other bands more, but that has nothing to do with Meg.

It doesn't affect me at all if some drummer is popular, or recognized or not.

The "masses" have no clue on "good", if they can tap their feet to it, or hum it, they like it, and buy it.

Who cares how someone holds their sticks or tilts their toms or whatever?
It's not relevant at all within the music you hear.

IMO, time is better spent to do what YOU (anyone) do, and getting better at being the drummer YOU are, and focusing on that instead of being irritated by someone else's "lack of whatever".

Don't mean to sound "soapboxy", probably does, but oh well...
I don't even think I've heard a White Stripes song, nor have I seen her play. My only comment was that I don't like the angle of the tom. It wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure why you went ballistic, based on a simple statement like that. And I certainly have nothing against a female drummer. I'm currently teaching my 17-year old daughter how to play drums, because I think it's cool. You need to take a chill pill.
__________________
"Through many dangers, toils and snares..." - Amazing Grace, third verse
Reply With Quote
  #304  
Old 12-30-2010, 12:00 AM
beastdrummagirl's Avatar
beastdrummagirl beastdrummagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 242
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post
... You need to take a chill pill.
bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahaha. I'm weak!!!!!!
__________________
*gypsy in the soul, artist in the mind, human in the body.*
Reply With Quote
  #305  
Old 12-30-2010, 07:35 AM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,517
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace View Post
I don't even think I've heard a White Stripes song, nor have I seen her play. My only comment was that I don't like the angle of the tom. It wouldn't work for me. I'm not sure why you went ballistic, based on a simple statement like that. And I certainly have nothing against a female drummer. I'm currently teaching my 17-year old daughter how to play drums, because I think it's cool. You need to take a chill pill.
Well, your ONLY comment was the tom angle comment.

Come on
, there's 8 PAGES of going back and forth...and someone just say's "I don't like her tom angle" and nothing else...

That's funny!!

The rest of the post was based on the many other comments. Wasn't aimed at "YOU" personally, just the general "you's" out there.
I can see how you maybe thought it was because I mentioned the tom thing further down. But, it was just the general "you's" in the other 8 pages.

Ballistic? I don't think so at all.

I just find it astounding that so many people just get out of whack over something like this.
It seems like people forget that it's music, and it's for people to enjoy--listening to it or doing it.
It's not a contest, there's no "end point" or "this is all there is" in drumming (or music) at all.

YouTube some White Stripes and maybe see/hear what the fuss is all about if you want.
Some of it's cool, some of its just OK, just like any other band.

The interview a few posts down is good.
The point of it was that this particular music he wanted to make didn't call for, or need a so-called "real" drummer. The point was to "just do it". How it comes out is how it's supposed to be.

The WS were nothing back then. Jack White wasn't "Jack White" back then either.
It had a 50/50 shot of being popular, or not at all. Just so happens that a lot of people like it, and it became popular.

What I said was true--for someone with sour grapes, or getting bent because someone got "famous" for "sucking" (such as in post #15--everyone is entitled to their opinion, just using #15 as an example).
Want to do things a different way? Go start your own band, get a following, get money backing, tour, and do it the way you want.

The average person buying music doesn't care about how technically "correct" a player in a band is.
They want to hum a tune, tap their feet or pump their fist, and feel good.
The rest of the practicing, going through books and whatever, we do for ourselves and our own sense of accomplishment--IF we have the desire to do it.

Good luck teaching your daughter.
Hope she likes it...and like I said, my Grandmother was a touring drummer in the 20's & 30's..... one of my girlfriends was a drummer (she gave it up, but was good), I was friends with the 3 girls in the drum section when I was in high school, and I took drum lessons for a couple years from 2 other female drummers, so I don't have anything against female drummers either.
__________________
My band Artificial Agent here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116637
Reply With Quote
  #306  
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 AM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
... my Grandmother was a touring drummer in the 20's & 30's..... one of my girlfriends was a drummer (she gave it up, but was good), I was friends with the 3 girls in the drum section when I was in high school, and I took drum lessons for a couple years from 2 other female drummers
Karl ... all those female drummers in your life - amazing!

Have to admit that my care factor about tom angles is zero too.
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #307  
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM
Ian Williams's Avatar
Ian Williams Ian Williams is offline
Rebel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Venezuela.
Posts: 3,197
Default Re: Meg White

Im jealous! Let us bring in more female drummers: Meggies, Pollies, Beasties, Girlfriends Daughters, Mums and Grannies!!! any others left?
__________________
Bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp... I feel free!
Reply With Quote
  #308  
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,658
Default Re: Meg White

Terri Lyne Carrington, Hilary Jones, Cindy Blackman, Sheila E, Cora Coleman...
Reply With Quote
  #309  
Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM
wy yung wy yung is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: Meg White

Terry Lynne is one of my all time favourite players.

Check out a little known CD she both played on and produced for Tineke Postma, For the rhythm. Fantastic album. Beautiful, sensational drumming.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6948018

My dream girl. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #310  
Old 12-30-2010, 04:42 PM
Ian Williams's Avatar
Ian Williams Ian Williams is offline
Rebel
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Venezuela.
Posts: 3,197
Default Re: Meg White

Cindy Blackman is the one I like, who knows what else! ;-)
__________________
Bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp, bomp... I feel free!
Reply With Quote
  #311  
Old 12-30-2010, 05:29 PM
bonzolead's Avatar
bonzolead bonzolead is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Clarkston,MI.
Posts: 2,213
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams View Post
Cindy Blackman is the one I like, who knows what else! ;-)
Yes Ian Cindy Blackman IMO is the Female Tony Williams absolutely amasing player don't. let the Lenny Kravitz stuff fool you she is a very fluent & tasteful player.

She was taught by Tony Williams how lucky just too have him for a teacher.

Shelia E is one of my favs also, I remember seeing a Prince video where she's just killin' a 9-piece maybe more double bass Yamaha kit.

You gotta love that lol

Bonzolead
Reply With Quote
  #312  
Old 12-30-2010, 09:33 PM
Frost's Avatar
Frost Frost is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 933
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Karl ... all those female drummers in your life - amazing!

Have to admit that my care factor about tom angles is zero too.
I remember a female drummer from school, all the boys loved her, she played video games, was very sporty, fairly attractive. Ran into her a couple of years ago, she came out of the closet, complete Lesbian.

Perhaps that is why Meg and Jack didn't work out.
__________________
A disquiet mind at therapy with the music.
Reply With Quote
  #313  
Old 12-30-2010, 10:00 PM
KarlCrafton's Avatar
KarlCrafton KarlCrafton is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 4,517
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
I remember a female drummer from school, all the boys loved her, she played video games, was very sporty, fairly attractive. Ran into her a couple of years ago, she came out of the closet, complete Lesbian.

Perhaps that is why Meg and Jack didn't work out.
haha...well, the girls I knew were definitely NOT lesbians.... one of the band directors had to quietly "resign" because of one of them...ooop...

I've met Cindy Blckman, and she's great. I only have her double CD, but want to get more. I have her regular dvd, and a clinic dvd (from PAS or something).

I've talked to Hillary Jones on facebook a few times, and she's cool too.

TLC has been around for a long time. I remember when she first "broke" and was in MD.

Meg just got married, so....
__________________
My band Artificial Agent here: http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116637
Reply With Quote
  #314  
Old 12-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Pocket-full-of-gold's Avatar
Pocket-full-of-gold Pocket-full-of-gold is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, Australia.
Posts: 9,960
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Perhaps that is why Meg and Jack didn't work out.
Can't be.....I've seen the vid. That's no lesbian. :-)
__________________
What's the best cape for running away from a gig?
Reply With Quote
  #315  
Old 12-31-2010, 12:17 AM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: Meg White

This is almost as annoying as when people start yabbering about Travis Barker on Buddy Rich YouTubes.
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #316  
Old 12-31-2010, 01:10 AM
keep it simple's Avatar
keep it simple keep it simple is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Herefordshire, UK.
Posts: 16,846
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey182 View Post
I She makes no movements and has no feeling or emotion at all! She barely hits anything harder than the strength a 2 year old would have!
Hmm, not so sure about that. Seems to be doing just fine on all fronts here. Considering what sticks she's playing with, I'd say she's laying into those tubs pretty well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EtHS...eature=related Kinda liking her groove too.
__________________
This message is brought to you courtesy of Thinly Veiled Productions inc.
Reply With Quote
  #317  
Old 12-31-2010, 01:13 AM
beastdrummagirl's Avatar
beastdrummagirl beastdrummagirl is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 242
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
This is almost as annoying as when people start yabbering about Travis Barker on Buddy Rich YouTubes.
Yes. Yes. Yes. I agree.
__________________
*gypsy in the soul, artist in the mind, human in the body.*
Reply With Quote
  #318  
Old 12-31-2010, 03:30 AM
Frost's Avatar
Frost Frost is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 933
Default Re: Meg White

Hey true story, not making it up, she never had an actual boyfriend in high school and she has a girlfriend now.
__________________
A disquiet mind at therapy with the music.
Reply With Quote
  #319  
Old 12-31-2010, 10:36 AM
Swiss Matthias's Avatar
Swiss Matthias Swiss Matthias is online now
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 2,658
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by wy yung View Post
Terry Lynne is one of my all time favourite players.

Check out a little known CD she both played on and produced for Tineke Postma, For the rhythm. Fantastic album. Beautiful, sensational drumming.

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=6948018

My dream girl. :-)
Really nice stuff, thanks for the heads up! I listened to the music in the iTunes Store.
Reply With Quote
  #320  
Old 12-31-2010, 02:03 PM
wy yung wy yung is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,029
Default Re: Meg White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss Matthias View Post
Really nice stuff, thanks for the heads up! I listened to the music in the iTunes Store.
Well you are a man of taste and class. As has been evident for a long time. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com