DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drummers

Drummers Topic Name = Drummer's Name. Use this forum to discuss the drummers profiled on DrummerWorld

Old 03-11-2006, 05:12 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Joey Jordison

Man, the 1st videos not working...

I really wanted to see thiss too.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:22 AM

This Joey clips is great evidence that the guy is pretty great!!!!

http://store.drumbum.com/drums/drum-solos.htm
Old 03-12-2006, 03:52 AM
Pioneer Member

That warm up video is very cool! Really impressive. I like it alot better than the one of him during the concert, I don't care for it that much.

I think the thing I like the least about the concert video is that at the end he gives the crowed the finger, that just doesn't seem like a cool thing to do.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:57 AM
Gold Member

well since hes joey he can...just kidden i didnt like the crowd one either because all he did were fast rolls on all the toms
Old 03-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Pioneer Member

I have to say I think the warm-up video is my favorite of his videos. I think its just cuz he is not in his mask and feels more like a normal person.
Old 03-12-2006, 11:34 AM
Pioneer Member

it's a cool mask, but a bad idea overall. why bother? why take yourself so seriously? i also agree that the warm-up video is a lot better than the concert one. in concert it seems to be just tom rolls and double bass tricks.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:43 AM

You guys can check this video out, it will stream quickly and it kicks arse!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwDTz...oey%20jordison

Also check out his solo on Live 9.0 as someone posted before, its even better.

II xMETALx II
Xbox LIVE GT: (xTc II D3ATH x)
Old 03-14-2006, 10:23 AM
Stu_Strib

Well the warm-up video didn't really show us anything new. I see tons of guys like that all the time and it just isn't very awe-inspiring.

I did find the use of Pearl Eliminator pedals to be interesting (and how far down the pedal he goes).

And his face, well there's something new!
Old 03-14-2006, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu_Strib
Well the warm-up video didn't really show us anything new. I see tons of guys like that all the time and it just isn't very awe-inspiring.

I did find the use of Pearl Eliminator pedals to be interesting (and how far down the pedal he goes).

And his face, well there's something new!
I always love your positive attitude Stu.

II xMETALx II
Old 03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
Senior Administrator

Quote:
What you don't see are entire internet threads devoted to the other guys.
lol. its amazing how it has gone. some drummers are clearly great...and the way to tell how? if their threads don't run for longer than three pages. its the controversial drummers that keep us coming back for more. i can't remember a time when i have logged on and gone to the DRUMMERS section and not seen travis' or joey's thread near the top.

j

http://youtu.be/fBQeCcBVUCw
Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 PM
Stu_Strib

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUTHA JASON
i can't remember a time when i have logged on and gone to the DRUMMERS section and not seen travis' or joey's thread near the top.

j
I know, man. It's like perpetual motion. You want it not to be there, so as not to tempt you to smart off. But as soon as you do, it gets going again, and you have to keep going back and putting stuff in there! It's a vicious circle for sure!

Someone said it best though, even bad publicity is still publicity or something like that?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:38 PM
Founder Drummerworld

blah blah blah

back to topic please, topic is Joey Jordison

Bernhard
Old 03-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Gold Member

the trick plat form thing is way old. but its still a pain in the *A* to do it i bet. and i agree with you on the whole corey peirce thing. he is pretty talented.

Myspace-Add me!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:56 PM
Pioneer Member

i think jordison IS overatted, but thats what happens. he's in a band that made it big, like green day, and now everyone knows his name. it's a shame that few of my friends have heard of people like steve gadd, but the upside is that he is far more respected by the people who know the craft, and people like jordison are looked at with more scepticism. not nessecarily dislike, but it all balances out on drummerworld!
Old 03-16-2006, 10:48 AM

joey jordison is awsome, i like the other percusionists, some of u guys must be deaf coz i can hear them easily espcially the beer kegs the are nice novelty from just drums and cymbals
Old 03-20-2006, 03:39 AM

I used to hate new slipknot, but now I like them a lot more than I ever did the old slipknot. Actually, I hardly listen to slipknot anymore, but if I do it's select old songs or their new stuff, which doesnt seem as angry but just seems to be better to me. Oh, and about joey, I think he's great, not the best, but then again, who is?
Old 03-20-2006, 04:26 AM

I havent read this whole thread yet but all I have to say is that Joey is a very good Metal drummer that brings something new to the table that you dont get with most metal drummers. things like his unique use of the toms in songs such as Vermillion ( I dont know any of you find it unique or different but I do). little things like this make me think about how I can change and make better the things that I play. I think this makes him a good drummer, even if only to me.

Corey

www.facebook.com/Hackanut

Last edited by Hackanut; 03-20-2006 at 04:55 AM.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:47 AM

I gotta agree with Corey on this one. Even though he does a lot of similar stuff in his songs, he truly does bring something to the table for metal drummers. He's great live, and a phenomenal recording artist, and slipknot doesn't get the credit that they deserve sometimes.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid
I gotta agree with Corey on this one. Even though he does a lot of similar stuff in his songs, he truly does bring something to the table for metal drummers. He's great live, and a phenomenal recording artist, and slipknot doesn't get the credit that they deserve sometimes.

why thank you Jay : ) does anyone else know what I'm talking about when I'm talking about how he uses the toms?

Corey

Old 03-20-2006, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnalogKid
Totally agree with that mate. You can even see it in this thread, people comment and have no idea what their talking about. Half of them wouldnt have even listened to a slipknot album. However, Slipknot are getting a lot bigger now and more people are getting involved with their music. Their last album not being as aggresive as the others, has more people being able to relate the their music.

II xMETALx II
Old 03-23-2006, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kornslipknot
Totally agree with that mate. You can even see it in this thread, people comment and have no idea what their talking about. Half of them wouldnt have even listened to a slipknot album. However, Slipknot are getting a lot bigger now and more people are getting involved with their music. Their last album not being as aggresive as the others, has more people being able to relate the their music.
I canīt believe what you are talking... I had all albums of them so I know what I am talking about, and to say that slipknot sometimes do not get the credit they deserved is silly, because they are one of the most successful metal bands at the moment, and they did NOT deserve that, but thats a different thing i CAN NOT judge...
Old 03-24-2006, 01:43 AM

what Ride Cymbal does joey jordison use? im thinking of buying a new ride and i like his sound
Old 03-24-2006, 01:45 AM
Gold Member

he uses all paiste check this out for his set up http://www.paiste.com/artists/viewen...d=786&thumbs=1
Old 03-27-2006, 07:48 AM

I want to invest into some of those gloves Joey has. Those designed for drumming? Anybody know what they are?
Old 03-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PigPen
I want to invest into some of those gloves Joey has. Those designed for drumming? Anybody know what they are?
probably a-head gloves.
Old 03-29-2006, 05:08 AM

he Probably just expected something more technically difficult then fast double bass and rolls. more MUSICALITY is what I'm trying to say

Corey

Old 03-29-2006, 07:02 PM
Pioneer Member

the reason he is overly discussed is not his popularity, but the confusion over how good he is.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:48 PM

I thought his solo from Slipknots live album was better than the "upsidedown" solo froma few years ago. its def. more musical then the other one. I really like how he uses the bells on his set to get a cool exotic sound. I tried uploading the file but its wma so it wont do it. you can find it on any music downloading program tho.

Old 04-12-2006, 03:23 AM

Joey is an amazing drummer, well i think so anyway, but he certianly is not my faovurite, i think he hasn't got well...hmm how do i explain it.. "soul" in his durmming, like bonham, mason or ward, he mainyl plays fast and impressive stuff but eayh,hasn't got any drumming soul in it.

haha yeay i'm crazy.
Old 04-14-2006, 05:46 PM

Personally I think Joey is a great overall drummer, and he is most definately the power behind Slipknot. He is probably THE best Metal drummer around and I praise him for that, but personally there are better drummers out there. I've seen a lot of his solos, it's all flashy double bass and rolls. His backstage jamming stuff pleases me more than his solos on stage do.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JStuart
Personally I think Joey is a great overall drummer, and he is most definately the power behind Slipknot. He is probably THE best Metal drummer around and I praise him for that, but personally there are better drummers out there. I've seen a lot of his solos, it's all flashy double bass and rolls. His backstage jamming stuff pleases me more than his solos on stage do.
Yes, I think Joey is a great drummer as well. Good speed and power. But let's be a little realistic, he is not THE best metal drummer around. I could name several metal drummers that have more speed, better chops, power and showmanship.

Not trying to take anything away from Joey, but I think there are a lot pf people that kind of blindly worship him as the best when he really isn't. There really are many drummers out there that would smoke him in every catagory.
Old 04-14-2006, 10:11 PM

jordisons skills are standard for metal drumming. my criticism lies in the fact that he's not in a good band, that plays good music, not all the skill in the world can save you from that
Old 04-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Chip

Joey's stuff........ Is really not that hard.I have been playing 3 years, and even I can do most of it. It can't be that hard, seriously. 'Liberate'............ Difficult to play like it is on CD. Watch a video and he doesn't play it the way he does on CD, I think they dubbed in the hihat. He's ok, but not too amazing.

Also, that BR video is a bit unconvincing, I mean look at the straps etc Joey has and he doesn't have centrifugal force to contend with. The drums in the BR video don't even appear to be securely held.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:41 PM

i like slipknot...maybe not there lyrics...but the sound is great
and joey is good, not super great ,but pretty darn good.
his drums are very interesting and gangstarific ithink ppl who say he sucks are either just trying to be different, just creating arguements, or are jealous of him.
i no i gonna get cuss now
Old 04-19-2006, 09:17 PM

Joey Jordison is one of the best drummers i've ever heard, I got to hang out with him backstage after ozzfest 2 years ago....hes a really nice guy.

Yes, Saun and Chris do stuff too, Chris does backup vocals and Saun does the snare with Chris in The Blister Exists.
Old 04-20-2006, 03:00 AM

He is a very good drummer. Really fast to lol
Old 04-20-2006, 09:08 AM

I respect him because of his speed and personality. Thought I have not him, he seems like a very cool and modest person in the life that exists without SlipKnoT or The Murderdolls.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:27 PM

i read a comment that kids who are just starting out on metal think joey is the bomb but when they discover more metal drummers they suddenly TURN on joey.
i really hope thats not true cause i started out on slipknot and taught joey was sick.
and now im on death metal and to me he is still one of (if not) the best. listen to the new live album 9:0
perfect drumming for live shows.
the only drummer that impresses me more than joey is fear factory drummer, who has the best timing with his feet,its like a machine
Old 04-20-2006, 07:36 PM

oh yea by the way, the two extra drummers.
listen to blister exists and tell me if YOU can play the intro with the hi hat and bass drum together? cause joey dont. he plays the hi hat while the other two plays the
"DUM DUM DUM DUM DUM"

Even tho as a huge slipknot fan i can see they dont need the two extra drummers a whole lot but it gives slipknot LAYERS and that is very important in mix downs and panning on albums to have people "ride in the back seat" of songs if you understand. gives it a 3D like feel.

PS:soz about the metaphores
Old 04-20-2006, 11:54 PM

Nah...I started out with slipknot 3 years ago....now i listen to arch enemy trivium mushroomhead all that and i still think joeys awesome...i havent turned on him and i dont plan on it either....o yeah Chris and Saun do backup vocals