DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:23 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default ~New DW Exotics~

Here they are. DW Collector's Series Exotic. Brand New out of the box, built in 2004.
Green burst finish over "Hard Maple", which is no longer available from DW.
Fast tom sizes, 10, 12, 14, 16, 22. Still got the Ayotte Keplinger snare.
Zildjian New Beat hats 15
Zildjian A Custom crashes 16, 18
Zildjian K Splash 8
Paiste Signature Full ride 21
Paiste Signature Thin china 20
Attached Images
   
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:33 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is online now
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seminole, Florida
Posts: 14,768
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Gorgeous looking DW's. Where have they been for 3 years??
__________________
Follower of the Famularo Philosophy.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:35 PM
fusssion
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Nice !!!!!!!! :D

20 characters
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:39 PM
KCDrummer's Avatar
KCDrummer KCDrummer is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 808
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Beautiful! My drums are a similar shade of green, which you don't see very often. Nice nice nice! I'm sure they don't sound half bad either.
__________________
Zack Albetta--Bosphorus Artist
My Myspace Page.
Read my Article!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Trommur's Avatar
Trommur Trommur is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Posts: 481
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Beautiful man! Congradulations for them ;)

Joe
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:51 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCDrummer View Post
Beautiful! My drums are a similar shade of green, which you don't see very often. Nice nice nice! I'm sure they don't sound half bad either.
They sound realllllly nice, even with the stock heads. They literally began resonating when I pulled them out of the box. The attention to detail on these drums is amazing.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-22-2007, 08:54 PM
gretsch223's Avatar
gretsch223 gretsch223 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 490
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

very nice finish! that set up looks very comfortable too.
__________________
gretsch, zildjian, vic firth, remo
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-22-2007, 09:33 PM
jollymosher's Avatar
jollymosher jollymosher is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newmarket Maryland
Posts: 1,293
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

are those your porkpies on ebay?? i think i saw a picture on there when i was bidding.
__________________
Porkpie-Saluda-Evans-Vater



Myspace-Add me!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-22-2007, 09:55 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jollymosher View Post
are those your porkpies on ebay?? i think i saw a picture on there when i was bidding.
You are correct. Sad to see them go...if I were a rich man I would keep both.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-22-2007, 11:22 PM
wnameth's Avatar
wnameth wnameth is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hamilton (ON)
Posts: 497
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateplow View Post
You are correct. Sad to see them go...if I were a rich man I would keep both.
aren't those fairly recent? what was your advantage in going to DW? or did you already have the DW's and just couldn't afford to keep both?

really nice tho man. my drum teacher endorses, taye, he knows Ray personally, good drums.

-Wes
__________________
CALL THE CAVALRY!
www.myspace.com/callthecavalry
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-23-2007, 12:01 AM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnameth View Post
aren't those fairly recent? what was your advantage in going to DW? or did you already have the DW's and just couldn't afford to keep both?

really nice tho man. my drum teacher endorses, taye, he knows Ray personally, good drums.

-Wes
I'd always been searching for a DW exotic kit that I could afford, and I could not pass these up for the price. To buy them, I had to sell the Pies.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-23-2007, 12:33 AM
thumper's Avatar
thumper thumper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: vancouver bc canada
Posts: 471
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Beautiful kit man! LOVE DWs!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-23-2007, 01:35 AM
d.c.drummer's Avatar
d.c.drummer d.c.drummer is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

I was ready to like it when i saw the thread title, but thats just sweet!!
__________________
Take a look at my new stuff. http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25183
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-23-2007, 02:33 AM
Rossy_j's Avatar
Rossy_j Rossy_j is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Newcaslte, England
Posts: 136
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Very nice indeed, the grain is far different from the K.Birch I originally thought it was. Beautifull never the less. Well done on a great find.

R
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-23-2007, 06:50 AM
RFEDrummer RFEDrummer is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 45
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

that kit is absolutely breathtaking man, congrats on the new DW's!
__________________
My drum tumblr Drum stuff

Dunnett. Ocheltree. DW. Zildjian.
Old kit pics
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,221
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Stunning set, a set for a lifetime. Good job.

My only complaint is the same for all DW drums: They're so impressed with themselves they use huge lugs, huge badges and huge suspension mounts to get their trademarked look. I'd rather see less hardware and more drum shell, especially with such a beautiful finish.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Stunning set, a set for a lifetime. Good job.

My only complaint is the same for all DW drums: They're so impressed with themselves they use huge lugs, huge badges and huge suspension mounts to get their trademarked look. I'd rather see less hardware and more drum shell, especially with such a beautiful finish.
I agree. The lugs are pretty huge. Although, there are a few things that are really nice about DW hardware...

- The inside of each shell is completely finished, very classy looking.
- The mounting brackets are affixed by the lugs, so it's not a pain in the ass to change the heads on them.
- The bass drum came with a muffling pillow factory-installed.

While you are paying for the name to some extent, the quality of this kit is better than anything else I've ever played.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Rhythmic Disciple's Avatar
Rhythmic Disciple Rhythmic Disciple is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Swansea, Wales (UK).
Posts: 212
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Still the question remains; 'BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX', but dated 2004!

What's the deal?

Love 'em though. There's no accounting for taste!

Agree about the quality and attention to detail...
__________________
"Mapex Black Panther... 60% of the time, it works EVERY time!" - Brian Fantana, Channel 4 News Team.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-24-2007, 01:14 AM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic Disciple View Post
Still the question remains; 'BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX', but dated 2004!

What's the deal?

Love 'em though. There's no accounting for taste!

Agree about the quality and attention to detail...
I don't know how to explain it any better. They are brand new drums I bought off some chick on ebay. Still in the factory boxes when I received them. Not one stick mark, finger print, etc. The date on the inside of each shell is "November 11th, 2004".
Think of it as "New Old Stock."
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Joe Kearney's Avatar
Joe Kearney Joe Kearney is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 176
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

awesome color, this makes my really want some DWs
__________________
My Kit
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-24-2007, 03:50 AM
maddrummr's Avatar
maddrummr maddrummr is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,984
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

In my opinion green is the best finish on a drum set. : )

Love the DW's man. Cymbals are sweet as well.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Rhythmic Disciple's Avatar
Rhythmic Disciple Rhythmic Disciple is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Swansea, Wales (UK).
Posts: 212
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateplow View Post
I don't know how to explain it any better. They are brand new drums I bought off some chick on ebay. Still in the factory boxes when I received them. Not one stick mark, finger print, etc. The date on the inside of each shell is "November 11th, 2004".
Think of it as "New Old Stock."
Sorry to be nosey, but did the 'chick' on ebay have an weird and wonderful story about how she acquired a set of awesome DW Exotic drums?
__________________
"Mapex Black Panther... 60% of the time, it works EVERY time!" - Brian Fantana, Channel 4 News Team.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-27-2007, 04:10 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhythmic Disciple View Post
Sorry to be nosey, but did the 'chick' on ebay have an weird and wonderful story about how she acquired a set of awesome DW Exotic drums?
Nope. And with the deal I got, I didn't feel the need to ask.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Afrolicious's Avatar
Afrolicious Afrolicious is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Frankfurt a. M. / Germany
Posts: 315
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

So they fell from a truck and still sound good? Impressive!
Seriously though, would you say the DWs sound better than the Pork Pies?
__________________
John Lemon
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-27-2007, 07:28 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrolicious View Post
So they fell from a truck and still sound good? Impressive!
Seriously though, would you say the DWs sound better than the Pork Pies?
The DWs tune a little easier, and are more resonant. The Pork pies sound different, but equally as good. They project a little better, having thicker shells.
I love them both, equally. Kinda like having 2 kids, so I'm told.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-27-2007, 07:29 PM
h3r3tic's Avatar
h3r3tic h3r3tic is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: S.Miguel - Azorean Islands (Portugal)
Posts: 709
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

EXCELENT!
9 chars :P lol
__________________
"Technique without music, is just exercise..." - Jojo Mayer
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 PM
SeattleDrummer0 SeattleDrummer0 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 13
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~







those are mine :) just got them
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-28-2007, 02:35 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

I saw those earlier, they are frickin' awesome. We should start a gang.
Attached Images
 
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:28 AM
Fat Elvis's Avatar
Fat Elvis Fat Elvis is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,452
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

The first thing you need to do is wrap those babies in a sweet purple sparkle! Hah! Kidding.

Incredible set -- absolutely amazing. I agree with you about DW's... detail is incredible and sound is amazing. My starclassics project better as well, but the DW's sound fantastic. I am so happy i did not have to choose like you did, however i think you made the correct choice (although your pies were hot and i do love pork pie).

How does the Hard Maple differ from standard Maple?
__________________


This is me.

This is what I do.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-29-2007, 12:57 PM
hammertone's Avatar
hammertone hammertone is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 65
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

What a striking looking finish!

And what a great shade of green.

Damn fine buy.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 03-29-2007, 02:21 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
The first thing you need to do is wrap those babies in a sweet purple sparkle! Hah! Kidding.

Incredible set -- absolutely amazing. I agree with you about DW's... detail is incredible and sound is amazing. My starclassics project better as well, but the DW's sound fantastic. I am so happy i did not have to choose like you did, however i think you made the correct choice (although your pies were hot and i do love pork pie).

How does the Hard Maple differ from standard Maple?
The Hard maple is just the outer-ply, so no sound difference. As you can see, it has a much nicer grain to it. I guess it's grown in Wisconsin.
My auction for the Pork Pies ends today. It looks like I may have to keep them after all, too bad.
Here's the link if anyone has 2000 bucks to spend....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...5940&rd=1&rd=1
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece

Last edited by hateplow; 03-29-2007 at 02:22 PM. Reason: NO SMILEYS
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 PM
dw D's Avatar
dw D dw D is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the north atlantic
Posts: 171
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Mine arent Exotics, But here goes.
My snare is my baby
10
12
14
16
22
5.5x14 dw Craviotto solid shell maple snare (hand made by John Craviotto)
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:15 PM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw D View Post
Mine arent Exotics, But here goes.
My snare is my baby
10
12
14
16
22
5.5x14 dw Craviotto solid shell maple snare
I'm sorry, but you can not be in the gang. You must have an exotic veneer to be in the gang.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-29-2007, 08:21 PM
Fat Elvis's Avatar
Fat Elvis Fat Elvis is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,452
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateplow View Post
I'm sorry, but you can not be in the gang. You must have an exotic veneer to be in the gang.
that's okay -- if he wraps in a sparkle or a glass glitter, he can be in my gang:

The Sparglitters
__________________


This is me.

This is what I do.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-02-2007, 05:50 PM
jollymosher's Avatar
jollymosher jollymosher is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Newmarket Maryland
Posts: 1,293
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
that's okay -- if he wraps in a sparkle or a glass glitter, he can be in my gang:

The Sparglitters
haha that sounds more like the gang im interested in.
__________________
Porkpie-Saluda-Evans-Vater



Myspace-Add me!
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-03-2007, 03:11 AM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

I fear the numbers of the Sparglitters...
Attached Images
 
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-03-2007, 01:57 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Dude, are you serious?? :-)
Wait, a quick resumé (as far as I can remember): First you had a Tama Starclassic Performer (white wrap), then you sold it and got a Roland TD20, after that you got a Pork Pie kit, and now an Exotic DW.

WOW, now that is a story.
I hope those babies please you! Nice choice my friend!

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Fat Elvis's Avatar
Fat Elvis Fat Elvis is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,452
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateplow View Post
I fear the numbers of the Sparglitters...
Attention all Sparglitters -- we are having a rumble with the Exotics. One of them posted in OUR thread (turf).

Sparglitters Unite!
__________________


This is me.

This is what I do.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-04-2007, 02:27 AM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer Karl View Post
Dude, are you serious?? :-)
Wait, a quick resumé (as far as I can remember): First you had a Tama Starclassic Performer (white wrap), then you sold it and got a Roland TD20, after that you got a Pork Pie kit, and now an Exotic DW.

WOW, now that is a story.
I hope those babies please you! Nice choice my friend!

Karl
Karl,
You have a great memory my friend.
This DW kit beats them all. The Pork Pie kit was nice, and kinda unique, but not perfect. This kit...PERFECT.
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-04-2007, 02:34 AM
hateplow's Avatar
hateplow hateplow is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 994
Default Re: ~New DW Exotics~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Attention all Sparglitters -- we are having a rumble with the Exotics. One of them posted in OUR thread (turf).

Sparglitters Unite!
Exotics, do it for Johnny!
__________________

Noble & Cooley Horizon Reissue, Craviotto Solid Maple 4-Piece
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com