DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > DrummerWorld Site News

DrummerWorld Site News What's New at DrummerWorld

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-27-2007, 05:30 AM
radiofriendlyunitshifter's Avatar
radiofriendlyunitshifter radiofriendlyunitshifter is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,201
Default drummerworld in drum! magazine

i received the april 2007 issue of drum! magazine a few days ago. inside was an article entitled

"a cyber-slacking guide to online drum lessons". sure enough, drummerworld was one of the featured sites

(as was our own derrick pope's derrickpope.net).

here's the write up in it's entirety:

"Don't know about Drummerworld? That's like saying you don't know about the microwave oven! Bernhard Castiglioni's site is a cyber-mall for free hero worship, mostly, but he also has a great clinic section full of lessons. Many of the artists featured at Drummerworld have clips from their educational DVDs, and Castiglioni has a page for shopping and buying educational DVDs and books. We believe that most visitors go to Drummerworld for the same reasons we do: cool pictures and videos of great drummers. But we might do a lesson next time we're there. Maybe."
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2007, 05:43 AM
Class A Drummer's Avatar
Class A Drummer Class A Drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,218
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Wow good job Bernhard. We are gonna get a huge amount of members all of the sudden i bet from this.
__________________
"If they tell you no pain no gain... shoot them." -Jim Chapin
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2007, 06:09 AM
skippy's Avatar
skippy skippy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: league city, houston, texas, usa
Posts: 283
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

i have this issue. that whole articule is full of great sites. congrats bernhard.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Drummer Karl's Avatar
Drummer Karl Drummer Karl is offline
KARL MEMBER
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,099
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Bernhard, amazing job with the site. That is really really impressing! I`m proud of all that, and proud of you. Keep it up, it`s incredible what you do.

Seriously, love it! CONGRATS...

Karl
__________________
Myspace.

Drummerworld Myspace.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-27-2007, 07:42 PM
TitanSound's Avatar
TitanSound TitanSound is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,228
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

I was actually advising a guitarist friend of mine today to look up some guitar forums and register on a few and see how they are.

I told him that the reason I felt I had improved so much was because I had found this website and forum.

Thanks again Bernhard....and I hope people never stop thanking you and the mods who keep this ship afloat and the members who provide so much inspiration and knowledge too all.
__________________
"Sometimes I wake up at night and wonder where the hell the worlds going too"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM
khanedeliac's Avatar
khanedeliac khanedeliac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 284
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Its great that Bernhard gets the huge credit he deserves from a respected drum magazine. Many congratulations, Bernhard.

However, let's hope this doesn't mean that Drummerworld goes mainstream. Am I the only one worrying about that??

Actually,
Are we even "underground", for that matter?
__________________
Slick Enough to Out-Sly a Fox, For a Chicken Pot Pie; Thinking Outside the Box
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-28-2007, 12:43 AM
d.c.drummer's Avatar
d.c.drummer d.c.drummer is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,568
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Im (in a wierd way) looking for to not being able to get onto this site because it is overloaded with traffic. Good job, Bernhard and the rest of the Drummerworld team!
__________________
Take a look at my new stuff. http://drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25183
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-28-2007, 04:23 AM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seminole, Florida
Posts: 14,748
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

I think 9000 members and almost every country on the globe is mainstream, and the fact that it was picked last year as number ONE drumming website by Drum Magazines reader poll, let the world know that its out there.

And I posted this last week:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23982
__________________
Follower of the Famularo Philosophy.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-28-2007, 06:11 AM
Butch Axsmith Butch Axsmith is offline
Senior Pro Drummer
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Boynton Beach, Fl, USA
Posts: 117
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

They will maybe write about you "Bernhard"
I'll see what I can do.....
Thank You for " drummerworld"
Butch Axsmith
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-28-2007, 02:08 PM
khanedeliac's Avatar
khanedeliac khanedeliac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London, UK
Posts: 284
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
I think 9000 members and almost every country on the globe is mainstream, and the fact that it was picked last year as number ONE drumming website by Drum Magazines reader poll, let the world know that its out there.

And I posted this last week:
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=23982
Hmmm...Yeah 9000 people and several nationalities BUT it is kind of a nice secret we all share. You know what I mean? I mean that a lot of the people if not everyone who signs up here has found this page thru their love for drums and eventually (or perhaps immediately) decided to join the forum.

I mean that I hope we don't go "pop", but I DO wish Bernhard his much-deserved accolades.

Is that more clear?
__________________
Slick Enough to Out-Sly a Fox, For a Chicken Pot Pie; Thinking Outside the Box
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
GRUNTERSDAD's Avatar
GRUNTERSDAD GRUNTERSDAD is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Seminole, Florida
Posts: 14,748
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Of those 9000, I think the most that have ever been on line at one time, is around 500 so I dont see anyone getting locked out. And with the job the Mods do I dont see too many agitators or trouble makers getting on and being a nuisance. And who knows that 9001st person may have the answer to your most desirable question.

To be accurate I just checked and its 9560 members and the most is 510....
__________________
Follower of the Famularo Philosophy.

Last edited by GRUNTERSDAD; 02-28-2007 at 07:03 PM. Reason: info update
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Bernhard's Avatar
Bernhard Bernhard is online now
Founder Drummerworld
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Riehen - Basel - Switzerland
Posts: 2,069
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

we have 60000 visitors on Drummerworld daily - and only 300 of them go to the Forum.

Bernhard
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
radiofriendlyunitshifter's Avatar
radiofriendlyunitshifter radiofriendlyunitshifter is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,201
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
we have 60000 visitors on Drummerworld daily - and only 300 of them go to the Forum.

Bernhard
wow.

have you seen any significant increase since the drum! article was published? i would guess not. like drum! said, not knowing

about drummerworld is like not knowing about the microwave.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-01-2007, 01:55 AM
Joe Kearney's Avatar
Joe Kearney Joe Kearney is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 176
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernhard View Post
we have 60000 visitors on Drummerworld daily - and only 300 of them go to the Forum.

Bernhard
the other 59700 are lame
__________________
My Kit
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Dzionix's Avatar
Dzionix Dzionix is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lithuania, Siauliai
Posts: 51
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

i think if you remove registration to forum, and get few active moderators, people will come to forum, I didnt gone to forum about years too. You need to interest people about current drummer:
I always like to watch profiles of dave weckl or steve gadd, you can add some link to their profiles at forum, what people are talking about these drummers, what hardware uses, how does play, or share records, give some links, more photos and etc...
__________________
Skype: Dzionix
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-03-2007, 07:51 PM
DogBreath's Avatar
DogBreath DogBreath is offline
Administrator Emeritus
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 3,244
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzionix View Post
i think if you remove registration to forum, and get few active moderators, people will come to forum, I didnt gone to forum about years too. You need to interest people about current drummer:
I always like to watch profiles of dave weckl or steve gadd, you can add some link to their profiles at forum, what people are talking about these drummers, what hardware uses, how does play, or share records, give some links, more photos and etc...
I'm not sure but it sounds like you are suggesting that we remove registration to the forum in order to get more members. We have found that the registration does not keep anyone away who is actually interested in joining the forum but it does keep away almost all spammers. Believe me, it is not a difficult registration at all compared to some forums. I joined a forum where I had to give all of my information on the registration page, wait for the webmaster to personally review my request to join, wait for him to send me an email, respond to the email within 24 hours, and then post on the forum in the "Welcome" thread within a certain amount of time or my registration would be automatically deleted and my user name and email banned from the site! So you can see that our registration requirements are much more user-friendly.

As for the rest of your suggestions, we are already doing all of that. We have active moderators, we discuss current drummers, and we have links, photos, discographies, etc. The point that Bernhard was making was that if you only visit the forum and you skip the main part of DrummerWorld, you are going to miss out on much of this great stuff. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go to the DrummerWorld main page, and then start exploring this amazing site. You won't be sorry.
__________________
.
My kit: Pacific wood, Evans oil, Zildjian bronze

Last edited by DogBreath; 03-20-2007 at 07:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-05-2007, 12:14 AM
timebandit's Avatar
timebandit timebandit is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: plainfield Il.
Posts: 600
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

I have a guy who works for me, that recently found out I am a drummer.

he asked me the other day if i've ever checked out drummerworld.com,

my reply to that was " why of course, it's the BEST site on the net!"

then i said "how about that forum? pretty cool huh? alot of cool members and very informative, lots of regulars from all over the world, all different ages, with one common interest...........a passion for drums, and the art of drumming!"

And he replies " oh, i've been goin' on that site for 6 months and i did'nt realized there was a forum!"

Then I said "are you stupid? check out the forum tonite."

so he did, and he's hooked! ThanX, Bernhard
__________________
http://www.myspace.com/4playchicagoSHUT UP & PLAY
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM
eddiehimself's Avatar
eddiehimself eddiehimself is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Room 409
Posts: 2,565
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by khloe View Post
HELLO!!! DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND THE DRUMMERWORLD MAGAZINE???THXXXXX A LOT FOR HELPING !!!! :D
Firstly, you've just bumped a thread that's 4 years old. Secondly there is no drummerworld magazine, it's a website and forum only. Thirdly, turn your CAPS LOCK off please.
__________________
Underworked, underpaid and under-sexed...

EHs Music Facebook Page
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Pollyanna's Avatar
Pollyanna Pollyanna is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cyberspace, Sydney connection
Posts: 10,000
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Gee, that's a feather in Drum! magazine's hat - they're been mentioned on Drummerworld!
__________________
.
Polly's rhythms
.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2011, 05:15 AM
bamdrummer's Avatar
bamdrummer bamdrummer is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 247
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by khloe View Post
HELLO!!! DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE TO FIND THE DRUMMERWORLD MAGAZINE???THXXXXX A LOT FOR HELPING !!!! :D
Whenever I read stuff in all caps like this, I always hear the text in the voice of a special needs person. Is that wrong of me?
__________________
RLRRLRR LRLLRLL-behold, the paradiddle-a-diddle!
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-09-2011, 04:04 PM
Big Foot's Avatar
Big Foot Big Foot is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: QC
Posts: 727
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogBreath View Post
I'm not sure but it sounds like you are suggesting that we remove registration to the forum in order to get more members. We have found that the registration does not keep anyone away who is actually interested in joining the forum but it does keep away almost all spammers. Believe me, it is not a difficult registration at all compared to some forums. I joined a forum where I had to give all of my information on the registration page, wait for the webmaster to personally review my request to join, wait for him to send me an email, respond to the email within 24 hours, and then post on the forum in the "Welcome" thread within a certain amount of time or my registration would be automatically deleted and my user name and email banned from the site! So you can see that our registration requirements are much more user-friendly.

As for the rest of your suggestions, we are already doing all of that. We have active moderators, we discuss current drummers, and we have links, photos, discographies, etc. The point that Bernhard was making was that if you only visit the forum and you skip the main part of DrummerWorld, you are going to miss out on much of this great stuff. Do yourself a favor if you haven't already and go to the DrummerWorld main page, and then start exploring this amazing site. You won't be sorry.
Old thread or not.

You guys are doing a great job as is! It can't be easy.

I know about 8 or 9 preteen drummers in our neighborhood and I love the fact that I can suggest this site to them and the parents.
For the most part the forum is clean and the haters are few.
I only wish there was a BASS site comparable to DW for my son...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-13-2011, 03:39 AM
specgrade's Avatar
specgrade specgrade is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 267
Default Re: drummerworld in drum! magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamdrummer View Post
Whenever I read stuff in all caps like this, I always hear the text in the voice of a special needs person. Is that wrong of me?

It all depends on why you hear it that way. As an insult to those who type in all caps or an insult to people with special needs? At least you are honest...
__________________
2002 Pearl Export EXL Burgundy Mist
Paiste 2002, Alpha and 802
5B Nylon Tip Vic Firth sticks
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com