DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #81  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:11 AM
larlev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Oh I agree the right bits are a must but if you get a metal jig made up you won't have to be AS paranoid about drilling because you know it'll be the same every time around. The chances of making a mistake are greatly reduced by having it. Given... for just one drum it's not THAT big of deal but I bet it'll still make it easier.

I know this is a bad combination... In my seperate browser tabs I have my bank account, drumfoundy, this site, and wiltons cake decorating site all open.... I'm a goner.
LMAO....oh hell......you have to do it.....
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:50 AM
Class A Drummer's Avatar
Class A Drummer Class A Drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,218
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by larlev View Post
Dude...I would help you 100%....
Really? Man that would be sick dude. Do you have like a written out guide or anything?
__________________
"If they tell you no pain no gain... shoot them." -Jim Chapin
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 AM
crazyhorse's Avatar
crazyhorse crazyhorse is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,100
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Thank you for placing an Order with us.
It's only money right? ;)
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:52 AM
larlev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Class A Drummer View Post
Really? Man that would be sick dude. Do you have like a written out guide or anything?
No....but I can answer any question you might have....

You can call me if need be...I am here to help...

PM me and I'll get you my number....

Larry
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:53 AM
larlev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
It's only money right? ;)
There you go......YEAH.....it will sound amazing.....you'll see
If you need anything let me know...

Larry
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 03-16-2007, 04:54 AM
Class A Drummer's Avatar
Class A Drummer Class A Drummer is offline
Pioneer Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,218
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by larlev View Post
No....but I can answer any question you might have....

You can call me if need be...I am here to help...

PM me and I'll get you my number....

Larry
Sounds great. Im probably gonna go buy a guide at the gc or online or somthing. Then if i need help ill definitley ask you.
By lookin at the job you have done, i know that you know your stuff.
__________________
"If they tell you no pain no gain... shoot them." -Jim Chapin
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 03-16-2007, 05:11 AM
skippy's Avatar
skippy skippy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: league city, houston, texas, usa
Posts: 283
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

ive been wanting to get a couple extra toms to match my kit but the problem is that i cant find a stiped wrap the same or similar to mine. maybe a custom company would carry one? the kit is in my sig. the black and silver sparkle stiped kit. any info on where to get wrap would be rad. thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 03-16-2007, 05:23 AM
larlev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
ive been wanting to get a couple extra toms to match my kit but the problem is that i cant find a stiped wrap the same or similar to mine. maybe a custom company would carry one? the kit is in my sig. the black and silver sparkle stiped kit. any info on where to get wrap would be rad. thanks.

League City....I was there 2 months ago......

You can get several companies to do that stripe pattern...I know of a guy here in Austin that does that sort of custom wrap....he did my edges on my ddrum kit...and does really good work

Call your local drum shop and ask if there is anyone local that does re-wrapping....if you have no luck, let me know....Fat Elvis has a guy in Vegas that will do it too

That style wrap will be done in 4 pieces....each stripe being it's on piece
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 03-16-2007, 06:49 PM
crazyhorse's Avatar
crazyhorse crazyhorse is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,100
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Well I think I have a plan for the color, etc... I got an ounce of the navy blue analine dye to stain the shell with. Then the plan is to see what a pearl stain looks like on top of that. Of course since I have connections (work at a dealership) I'm going to get a nice solid clear coat sprayed on by our paint guy and wax the every loving crap out of it. All the hardware is the chrome... I thought about doing brass but I just couldn't picture it in my head. Probably would look pretty good with the navy though. Can't wait for my box of goodies to get here. :)
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 03-16-2007, 09:08 PM
skippy's Avatar
skippy skippy is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: league city, houston, texas, usa
Posts: 283
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

thanks dude. ill make some calls and find out what i can. will the guy in austin ship to me?


Quote:
Originally Posted by larlev View Post
League City....I was there 2 months ago......

You can get several companies to do that stripe pattern...I know of a guy here in Austin that does that sort of custom wrap....he did my edges on my ddrum kit...and does really good work

Call your local drum shop and ask if there is anyone local that does re-wrapping....if you have no luck, let me know....Fat Elvis has a guy in Vegas that will do it too

That style wrap will be done in 4 pieces....each stripe being it's on piece
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 03-16-2007, 09:09 PM
larlev
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: new build..10" almost completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy View Post
thanks dude. ill make some calls and find out what i can. will the guy in austin ship to me?

I'm sure he would....
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com