DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 AM

Default Photo session.

So I was "pimpin" out my myspace and said to myself I need some cool pics of my kit. So with what little photography knowledge I have this is what I came up with.

The third one was some stuff that I was messin around with on my camera and that came out. I really like shots of sticks sitting on drums not in use, kinda gives it a "I used it today" look. As for the duct (or duck) tape on them, I had a thought that it might give me a little more like on them. Anywho's, there is my baby.
Old 01-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Pioneer Member

Default Re: Photo session.

That third photo is awesome.
Old 01-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

Number 3 is cool, good effect, and I really like the lighting on number two

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=34061
My Latest Addition
Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Pioneer Member

Duct tape on sticks!?!? AAAAAAAARGH.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:09 PM
Silver Member

Great pics but.....get that tape off them sticks!!!

:-)
Old 01-18-2007, 06:21 PM

yepp sticks on snare allways look cool in pix
i took this one a few days ago i like it , just the towel inback of the snare looks stupid (i have it there so the finish of the toms dosent get messed up if they would hit the snare rim)
Old 01-18-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groove View Post
Great pics but.....get that tape off them sticks!!!

:-)
No.......Sticks is spensive. Plus I hate to vacuum the floor up and try to get the little pieces of wood out of the carpet.
Old 01-18-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harakirie View Post
yepp sticks on snare allways look cool in pix
i took this one a few days ago i like it , just the towel inback of the snare looks stupid (i have it there so the finish of the toms dosent get messed up if they would hit the snare rim)
Dude I didn't even notice the towel till you told me. Yeah the sticks on the snare thing is cool. I like that look a lot.
Old 01-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Platinum Member

Wow numba 3 is really sweet. Did you shine a light through the bottom of your snare on the first one?

how the ambassador snare head? if you look at my pics youll surly know why im asking.
Old 01-19-2007, 12:39 AM

you have the same heads as me!

my question is why does everybody make a new thread for there pictures, if theres a stickied thread at the top specificly for pictures. thats where all my pictures are. or is that like, for somthing else?
Old 01-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SketcHyRollin564 View Post
you have the same heads as me!

my question is why does everybody make a new thread for there pictures, if theres a stickied thread at the top specificly for pictures. thats where all my pictures are. or is that like, for somthing else?

New threads help because if a discussion comes up about what heads or the set-up, its not all scrambled into one thread. And well with the amount of drummers (and drum sets) on drummerworld, that thread would be pretty massive if little discussions were going around on top of all the drum sets.

EDIT 400!!
wow ive been posting a lot this past month.

Last edited by maddrummr; 01-19-2007 at 07:00 AM. Reason: 400 already!?
Old 01-19-2007, 07:29 AM

Nice looking kit. And I agree with your selection of sticks... LOL But Duct Tape.... HISSSS Ewwwww. That stuff belongs on heating ducts. Not near Stages, Instuments. Wiring. I hate cleaning that crap adhesive off of our backlines kits and stuff.... At least get some gaf tape if you want to do that. Yea sticks are expensive. But your effecting the stick sound and not to mention if hitting stuff right. Leaving traces of that funky gunk on your cymbals, hats, rims.. Ewwwww Nasty Crapola! That stuff even sticks to the inside of stick bags....

my 2 centavos...

Mike
Old 01-19-2007, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrummr View Post
Wow numba 3 is really sweet. Did you shine a light through the bottom of your snare on the first one?

how the ambassador snare head? if you look at my pics youll surly know why im asking.
Yeah on the third one it was a custom thing on my camera. I just made it keep the shutter open longer then moved the cam a little bit. Then I took a small lamp and set it under my snare and my floor tom. And the snare head is great. I like it.

Last edited by morbius25; 01-19-2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-19-2007, 07:46 AM

Yeah I could spend $8.39 for 2" x 60 yards of gaf tape, or go down to wal mart, and buy a roll of duct tape that is 3" x 60 yard for something like $3.00........Yeah, you guys are right.......Dang...
Old 01-19-2007, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbius25 View Post
No.......Sticks is spensive. Plus I hate to vacuum the floor up and try to get the little pieces of wood out of the carpet.
Try to use clear packing (moving) tape instead. Its harder to see and it doesnt do what the duct tape does after use. I could make a pair of sticks last almost a month playing 4 hours a week.

Mikey B
IM me on MSN @ mikeybbdrummin@hotmail.com
OR Email me @ mikeybbdrummin@yahoo.com
Old 01-19-2007, 04:37 PM

i like the 3rd pic that looks cool i lick the kit to. : )
Old 01-19-2007, 07:33 PM
Administrator

That third picture, sitting on top of the fourth picture, where the bass drum is sitting just over the snare, looks almost as if the bass drum is melting to a flat blob...pretty cool.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
That third picture, sitting on top of the fourth picture, where the bass drum is sitting just over the snare, looks almost as if the bass drum is melting to a flat blob...pretty cool.
Yeah and I can't do it again. I have tried to reproduce something like that again and I keep coming up with crap shots.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeybbdrummin View Post
Try to use clear packing (moving) tape instead. Its harder to see and it doesnt do what the duct tape does after use. I could make a pair of sticks last almost a month playing 4 hours a week.
I'll have to try that. I just thought hey I have duct tape here. But yeah I will get some of that and try it out.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DrummerMan View Post
i like the 3rd pic that looks cool i lick the kit to. : )
Thanks, my dad and step mom came to visit me and my wife last spring and wanted to take us to best buy so that they could buy us a big screen tv. He told me that I had a limit of about $1500. I showed them this and they told the guy to get it ready that they were going to buy it for me. So really cool gift from my dad and step mom.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:07 AM

If you are worried about busting sticks, I'd pick up a pair of Aheads. They are about $30 a pair, but they are damn near bulletproof. They have an aluminum inner shaft with a plastic outer sleeve that you can buy replacements for... True, they do have a different sound than wooden sticks, but I find my 7B's work pretty good. ( I normally use 5B wood or nylon tips,but the Aheads are heavier, so i use the smaller ones.) I do prefer the sound of wood, but I find the price of them, as well as the durability a little depressing lol!
For god's sake, quit using the tape..you're gonna ruin your cymbals!
Old 01-25-2007, 06:02 AM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
For god's sake, quit using the tape..you're gonna ruin your cymbals!
But aheads wont. ;-)
Old 01-25-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddrummr View Post

New threads help because if a discussion comes up about what heads or the set-up, its not all scrambled into one thread. And well with the amount of drummers (and drum sets) on drummerworld, that thread would be pretty massive if little discussions were going around on top of all the drum sets.

EDIT 400!!
wow ive been posting a lot this past month.
on another fourm im active in (1020 posts > 400, btw), www.drumdogs.com, we had that issue a long time ago. Then the forum had a huge crash, for about a month or two. When it came back, everything was re-done, and what we did was have two seperate threads. The picture thread, and the picture comentary thread, both stickied. This way, if sombody wants to just look through a gallery of the members sets, and not have to deal with only seeing mabey two sets per page, because of all the comments flooding out the pictures, that doesnt happen. You post pictures in the pictures thread, and then if you want to say "nice drums" or ask a question, the commentary thread is there.

at first it wasnt going too well, because people werent used to it, and they were too lazy to go to a different thread just to say how cool the finish looked, but after about a month they got used to it, and now it works out great. If you dont know what im talking about, then click on the link i put above (thats why its there), and click on the dog house, and look at the top stickies, and you should see picture, and picture commentary threads.

I would suggest this to the admin, but theres no suggestion box here, where the members can contribute there ideas to help make the forum better and better.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin Groover View Post
But aheads wont. ;-)
Thank you. You summed up a 5000 word reply in just 3 words. I have heard soooooo many horror stories about those sticks. I wanted to get a pair but a guy told me that because they feel so lite you feel like you have to hit harder to make any sound. So yeah the $30 to get them then the $150 to replace my crash, and then the $25 to replace some heads yeah I could see spending the money on them.........Or I could buy some windex, or some methalethelketone (Which is no longer made because it can kill you just by being in the same room with it, but we used this in the Air Force to clean stuff with) to clean that resin stuff off.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:57 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbius25 View Post

Sounds like a valid reason to me.