DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 01-15-2007, 11:46 PM

Default My Kit

I know, I know they ain't top of the line. But with a wife, daughter, house, I bought what I could afford.

Paiste 101 cymbals. 14 hats, 16 crash, 14 crash, 20 ride. I did spend on a Sabian AAX 17inch studio crash however!

Ludwig Accent CS drums. I upgraded the toms with Evans G2 heads, the snare with a G1and an EMAD on the bass. I bought Gibraltar 5600 series stands, and put a Gibraltar Pro clutch on the hat. Also, an LP Jamblock. They work quite well for me, and sounf way better than my old 8 piece Tama Imperialstars in the background.

Last edited by Dr.Hook; 01-16-2007 at 01:38 AM.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:37 AM

Default Re: My Kit

Nice set man.
I ordered a clamp (Pearl Adapter) to get my toms like that. How does it feel?
Old 01-16-2007, 12:42 AM

Hey, nice looking kit, that red really pops.

Do I detect a fellow Kiss-Army member???
Old 01-16-2007, 12:50 AM

First off, thanx.

With the old Tamas, the toms could only be mounted the way they are. It wasn't for me, the toms to my right. It always felt like I was fighting the damn things. But, for $150 one shuts his mouth!

With the Wigs, I really like having the 12'' tom mounted off a cymbal stand, which I changed placement off to get the 16' crash closer within my range of reach. Both toms are directly above my snare, so its nice and tight. Also, i'm really into having the ride so close to me. Its really fun to play the kit the way its setup, and I find I play more "around" this kit compared to the old Tama's, which I feel I played more "through".
Old 01-16-2007, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tama Player View Post
Have you guys seen my kit? Tama 1984 Imperial Star. 12 pieces. Look at my signature.

Your kit, thats a beaut you got your self there!!

Peace
AGR

Got any pics of those Tama's??
Old 01-16-2007, 02:13 AM

Not top of the line? Who cares? I think that's a fine set you have there.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Hook View Post
Got any pics of those Tama's??
Well not anything recent. I soon as I have a chance I will take some new pics. My dad bought mine in 84' and there still in mint condition. I have mine in Royal Puter Blue.

Peace
AGR
Old 01-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Platinum Member

First, welcome on drummerwold, have fun and enjoy your stay.

I fully understand you when you said limited budget because of family. I lived the same dilemma two years ago. Anyway, your luds accent is nice and you'll agree that any kit from known brand can sound good with proper heads & tuning, moreover, the kit make 50% of the sound the other 50 come from the person sit on the throne.

I'm sure Steve Gadd would make my so called "beginner" kit sound 10 times better than me on a TAMA SC or on PEARL Marster or on Yammy Maple absolute...

Keep rockin' canadian brother !

My Kit Latest Update
Old 01-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_drummer View Post
First, welcome on drummerwold, have fun and enjoy your stay.

I fully understand you when you said limited budget because of family. I lived the same dilemma two years ago. Anyway, your luds accent is nice and you'll agree that any kit from known brand can sound good with proper heads & tuning, moreover, the kit make 50% of the sound the other 50 come from the person sit on the throne.

I'm sure Steve Gadd would make my so called "beginner" kit sound 10 times better than me on a TAMA SC or on PEARL Marster or on Yammy Maple absolute...

Keep rockin' canadian brother !
Thanx for the welcome.

I agree totally with what you have written. Its not only the kit, but the musician that makes the sound, good or bad. When I was shopping, I took a good look at what I REALLY needed. I liked the Wig's, and looked at the Accent CS, as well as a few others in the Accent line. The other Accents were more money, but were the same shells, only with different heads, hoops, and mounting systems. To get the CS's, and spend $150 for new heads, I was still doing fine.
I have B8's with my Tama's and I hate the way they sound. To me, I preper the Paistes, even if they are "trash can lids!"

This is the first new kit I've ever bought, and people were telling me to buy a good used kit. Well, I'm not much into buying used, as I always end up buying someone elses problems "Ex. My Tama's". I'm more than happy with the Wigs. With the new heads and some Moongel's, they sound really good, and the reviews on them are very positive. To me, these are my DW's, and will last me, as I have a real problem with being over sensitive and meticulous when looking after my personal belongings "drives my wife nutz!"

I do plan on upgrading the high hat and bass pedal in the future, with the Gibraltar 6000 series, but am in no hurry.

Last edited by Dr.Hook; 01-16-2007 at 11:40 AM.