DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 09-06-2014, 06:38 PM

Default English Garden

Look what I found in my garden. Noonan maple stave (22, 16, 12) with solid brass keplinger (14 x 6 ) and full compliment of Bosphorus cymbals (Pang, Trash, Ride,Crash and Hats).

This set-up is massive !
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2014, 07:13 PM

Default Re: English Garden

Uh, what kind of fertilizer you usin' there, Captain?
Old 09-06-2014, 08:00 PM

The secret to this particular angiosperm / metallurgical wonder is a pinch of nitrogen, one splash of phosphorus, the handy work of a bloke by the R. Thames and the occasional drop of R. Trents over wash. Then mowed once a month to keep the shrooms fresh. As for the compost I picked up a nasty stomach bug in Istanbul and the parasite made its way via my dubious Victorian plumbing into the back garden- to complete the flavouring.

Then voila this springs up, leaving aside the mixing of metals it's all natural ingredients.

Come on my green fingered friends get busy......
Old 09-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Platinum Member

You really could see the Thames from Gary's old shop. More specifically, a fort and the Port of London Authority...!

Nice tubs mate. When were they made?
Old 09-07-2014, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bash View Post
Look what I found in my garden. Noonan maple stave (22, 16, 12) with solid brass keplinger (14 x 6 ) and full compliment of Bosphorus cymbals (Pang, Trash, Ride,Crash and Hats).

This set-up is massive !
Now that's a nice setup right there! Garden looks inviting too.

Pity about the port bling :(
Old 09-07-2014, 10:35 AM

My hastily added photos don't do this justice.

Had this kit since about 2008. What I most like is that Gary really fulfilled my spec. and at a reasonable price. We chatted over cup of tea and I explained that I wanted my drum kit sonically centred around a characterful kick (unlike most big brand offerings which have very boring sounding kicks). Previous to this I checked out top end offerings from Gretsch, Sonor Tama etc. but they were all very neutral in the kick department and given that I already had a std. maple ply Yamaha for that modern neutral sound there seemed little point in having two similar sounding kits. Also at the time I played in a pretty intense band so vintage would have never held up ( had some bad experiences of vintage kit melt downs in past - never again).

The stave kick measures a std. 22 x 16 and is everything you can want in a kick, no need for sub-woofers, tunnels in the studio or any reinforcement samples live or in studio. Every one loves this kick, just slap any decent bass drum mic and your good to go - it really asserts itself and can boss my biting 13 and 14 Ayotte-Kepplinger snares no problem. This means I don't need a crazy sized 24 to get a huge acoustic sound. Also fact is 24 drum in a hardcase doesn't fit through many cellar venue doors. The toms deliver much the same as bass . It's my goto kit for recording or non-kit share big gigs. However, the drums are heavy, so I tend to use the Yamaha ply kit for smaller gigs where portability is key. I have two nearly identical sets of Yamaha hardware so everything else remains the same between kits.

Overall I would recommend going bespoke (lots of master craftsmen out there) rather than buying another top brand kit, but you really do need to know the key elements that you are after.
Attached Images

Old 09-07-2014, 10:41 AM

Hey keep it simple,

Yeah port bling, I guess it is a bit bejazzeled when all else is a little more understated (except the sound).
Old 09-08-2014, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bash View Post
The secret to this particular angiosperm / metallurgical wonder is a pinch of nitrogen, one splash of phosphorus, the handy work of a bloke by the R. Thames and the occasional drop of R. Trents over wash. Then mowed once a month to keep the shrooms fresh. As for the compost I picked up a nasty stomach bug in Istanbul and the parasite made its way via my dubious Victorian plumbing into the back garden- to complete the flavouring.

Then voila this springs up, leaving aside the mixing of metals it's all natural ingredients.

Come on my green fingered friends get busy......
Am I hearing the nuggets of some song lyrics?
Old 09-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Beautiful. Bash away, bash away, bash away all.