DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 03-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: The Latest: My Session Customs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrummer132 View Post
any clue on the pricing of the prestieges?

my set is in a 10,12,14,16 with a 22 virgin bass set up. but i cant find anywhere that they have the price of it...
I'd say put it on ebay with a starting price of 800 and a Buy it now of a thousand, you could probably sell it.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:20 AM
Silver Member

how much do you recon new then?
Old 04-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: The Latest: My Session Customs and '58 Slingerlands

Well, the Slingerlands I mentioned earlier are coming together pretty well, if I win the auction I'm bidding on now I'll have all the hardware I need for the 2 toms. The hardware I need for the bass drum is proving a little more difficult to acquire, but with time I will have it.

Something I didn't mention before is that the drums look as though they were at one point spray painted red. Most of it was removed, but in all the imperfections in the wrap it's still there, so I'm in the slow process of removing it. Once it's all gone I plan on giving them a few coats of clear-coating, then a nice waxing, then I'll put them all back together and they'll be BEAUTIFUL!

I can't wait to have these drums together. I just bought a snare drum from about the same year to go with the kit, although it's in Black Diamond Pearl wrap instead of the White Marine of the rest of the set. It was a good deal though, and will provide some nice contrast. That should be arriving in the next few days, and will give me something to bang on until I get the rest of them put together.
Old 07-12-2007, 01:56 AM
Gold Member

Well, since the last post, I've picked up a few things, all of which will be posted, with pics, in a seperate thread when I'm able.

So, new additions, since the WMP '58 Slingerlands, which by the way have been finished up and reassembled save for some bass drum spurs.

I picked up a mid-60's Blue Sparkle Ludwig kit (22, 13, 16, with matching snare) from the same guy I got the Slingys from. I've since realized that I paid way too much for it, but nonetheless, it's a good looking kit, and I'll be keeping it.

So, after that I thought I'd need another nice vintage Ludwig snare to go with it, so I picked up what appears to be a mid-60's Supraphonic snare in fairly good conditon, only missing the muffler, which I don't need anyways.

So there's that. Then just last night I was surfing around the 'Bay, and came across a mid-60s Champagne Sparkle Ludwig set, in the same sizes. But due to my undying belief that everyone should own at least one Champagne Sparkle kit, and the very good price for it's condition, I bought that too.

So, as I said, these will all be posted in their own thread when they're all here and I have a camera. Until then, salivate.
Old 07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedrummer View Post
Until then, salivate.
Ok.

20 20 20 20
20 20 20 20

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Guinness

I love my Pearl Session's kit. I bought the SMX fusion sizes in the green burst about 6 months ago? I know it was right around the time they were about to make the line obsolete because of the introduction of the Visions line. I have never owned a drumset I loved more than this one. Talk about projection! I wish I had the variety that yours has. You can never have too many drums ;-)
Old 07-13-2007, 01:44 PM

well, that's for sure one of the most gorgeous kits I've ever seen. they look GREAT.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 AM

well if your kit gets any bigger it might develop a mind of its own, and destroy the universe XD
Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 AM
Gold Member

These babies are sitting in my drum room right now, along with my mid-60's Supraphonic! I'll have a full update later, but here's some eye candy for your enjoyment.
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Silver Member

Man i hate you... i want some luddies and a supra! MORE PICS!

And is that front bass hoop a diff color wrap on it?
Old 07-20-2007, 01:49 AM

Welcome to the Champagne Sparkle Ludwigs club.
BTW where do you fit all your kits, isnt this number 4 and dont you live in an apartment
Old 07-20-2007, 02:33 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayp View Post
Man i hate you... i want some luddies and a supra! MORE PICS!

And is that front bass hoop a diff color wrap on it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porker69 View Post
Welcome to the Champagne Sparkle Ludwigs club.
BTW where do you fit all your kits, isnt this number 4 and dont you live in an apartment
JayP: The seller did mention that one of the inlays had been replaced, but it's not nearly as noticeable in person. Once I acquire a camera, there will be plenty of pics. Don't worry.

Porker: This is number 4, I actually live in a house with my grandma. I have the big Pearl kit, the WMP Slingys, and the Champy Luddies set up right now. I took down the Blue Sparkle Luddies to make room for the Champys, so they're in a closet in bags. I'm trying to confine everything to one room. I can easily set up 3 kits, but not 4.
Old 07-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedrummer View Post
Well, since the last post, I've picked up a few things, all of which will be posted, with pics, in a seperate thread when I'm able.

So, new additions, since the WMP '58 Slingerlands, which by the way have been finished up and reassembled save for some bass drum spurs.

I picked up a mid-60's Blue Sparkle Ludwig kit (22, 13, 16, with matching snare) from the same guy I got the Slingys from. I've since realized that I paid way too much for it, but nonetheless, it's a good looking kit, and I'll be keeping it.

So, after that I thought I'd need another nice vintage Ludwig snare to go with it, so I picked up what appears to be a mid-60's Supraphonic snare in fairly good conditon, only missing the muffler, which I don't need anyways.

So there's that. Then just last night I was surfing around the 'Bay, and came across a mid-60s Champagne Sparkle Ludwig set, in the same sizes. But due to my undying belief that everyone should own at least one Champagne Sparkle kit, and the very good price for it's condition, I bought that too.

So, as I said, these will all be posted in their own thread when they're all here and I have a camera. Until then, salivate.
Ehh, How can you afford all that?

Anyway, one vintage kit is enough. Because eventually all your other ones are just going to be stacked and collected, instead of giving a proper home.

Well one will from what you said, but you won't be living with grams forever, and eventually, they will meet their fate.

I feel for those kits.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 AM
millerdakiller

whereas I would normally gush over your rediculously prolific drum kit, I am really jealous of the fact that you have a window to look out of when your playing. I'm so sick of staring at walls...
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
Ehh, How can you afford all that?

Anyway, one vintage kit is enough. Because eventually all your other ones are just going to be stacked and collected, instead of giving a proper home.

Well one will from what you said, but you won't be living with grams forever, and eventually, they will meet their fate.

I feel for those kits.
Well first, I have a job. Due to the fact that I'm living with "grams", I don't have to pay rent, so I have some disposable income. (Don't worry, I'm saving a good bit too.)

Secondly, if this is an attempt to insinuate that I don't appreciate each of these kits, well, you're sadly mistaken. They all have their own purpose and place in my heart. The Slingerlands are dear to me because of the sheer amount of time and effort I've put into having them looking the way they now do. The Blue Ludwigs are my Rock kit, my first real try with Aquarian heads. The Champagne kit is just so gorgeous, and it's Champagne Sparkle! What I'm trying to say is, I have a reason to have all of them. They're not just being stacked up. I do expect that one day I will have to sell one or two of them. When that happens, I will be disappointed, but I will be sure that they do go to a good home so that they never end up back in the condition that I got them in.

Thank's for the uplifting reply.