DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 02-01-2007, 09:24 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: My Yamaha Recording Customs

Haha thanks for the comments about the pedals. I want to change my hi hat to an Eliminator, not cause there's anything wrong with the Iron Cobra or I don't like it, just cos I like things to look the same... haha. EDIT: and I used to have an IC double and am thinking about changing to Axis once I've paid some of the balance of this drum kit off, I must've spent around £3500 in the last year!!

The really red 9000's... I don't know yet. There are a few nicks and scrapes on them here and there through not being particularly well looked after by the previous owner and myself when I was younger so if I sell them I doubt I'll get a tremendous amount back - refinishing them would be a total bitch. I might keep them as a kit for the local venue where we have quite a few international bands play, use it like a house kit. I don't really know yet. Either way, it needs some new skins, the G2's that were on it are about dead. Might put the pinstripes off my new RC's on the old 9000's and use that. Not sure really, need to give it some thought, but I'd like the kit to stay local, simply cos it was my first kit : )
Old 02-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Silver Member

Well, my stuff has finally arrived. I've got the entire kit, it's here and set up. Only thing I don't have is a 16" EC2. If it's not here by midweek I'm gonna order from elsewhere and get my money back from the other place. Kit is awesome.

Pics will be up tomorrow : )
Old 02-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altered_beast View Post
Well, my stuff has finally arrived. I've got the entire kit, it's here and set up. Only thing I don't have is a 16" EC2. If it's not here by midweek I'm gonna order from elsewhere and get my money back from the other place. Kit is awesome.

Pics will be up tomorrow : )
I am genuinely excited for you, that new kit feeling is the best.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:43 PM
Silver Member

As promised...

Still in love with this kit. It sounds soooooo good. Too bad the kick drum isn't what I ordered but never mind.

EDIT: Forgot, I've changed my chinas to 20" HHX and 18" HHX. The stand with no cymbal on normally holds my 14" AAX mini china, I'm just waiting on my 16" HH thin china arriving so I can put the AAX back there instead of on the bottom of the china/ crash stack (in the middle in the pics below)
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2007, 05:12 AM

SWEET! love RC's...so in love...can i come over for a spot of tea and to pass out on your kit? i'll even drive a lorry. hehe british words make me giggle. hope you don't mind me poking fun, i'm just jealous and you know it.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:16 AM

Wow.....
Wow, man...
You've got one of the best cymbal set ups I've ever seen.
how do you like them...ALL of them!?!
Old 02-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Gold Member

They look brilliant, congratulations.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh is a cult View Post
Wow.....
Wow, man...
You've got one of the best cymbal set ups I've ever seen.
how do you like them...ALL of them!?!
Ha, cheers! Yeh I love my cymbals, I'm pretty much a self confessed cymbal whore. Love em. The whole kit is fantastic. I've got a few different types of stick, but the Vater Morgan Rose Alien Freak, although I hardly use it cos it's a bit heavy for me, the sound it brings out of the ride cymbal in particular is stunning. I just want to change my throne and snare stand and I need a final cymbal holder for my 20" crash when it arrives and that's it. Everything as I wanted 2 years ago. Awesome.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safetyhelmetkid View Post
SWEET! love RC's...so in love...can i come over for a spot of tea and to pass out on your kit? i'll even drive a lorry. hehe british words make me giggle. hope you don't mind me poking fun, i'm just jealous and you know it.
Lol, no worries on poking fun mate, to be honest it all sounded a bit stereotypical. I'm sure we all have these pre-conceived ideas of one another on here and they're probably completely wrong, but at the end of the day we all have one thing in common...
Old 02-08-2007, 01:56 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
They look brilliant, congratulations.
Thanks man, I'm really, really pleased with em. It's finally a kit that I specced in size and colour etc as opposed to settling for second hand. Don't get me wrong, my old drums were great but I just wanted to update them and the old kit has served me well since I started playing 10 years ago.
Old 02-08-2007, 02:36 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altered_beast View Post
Thanks man, I'm really, really pleased with em. It's finally a kit that I specced in size and colour etc as opposed to settling for second hand. Don't get me wrong, my old drums were great but I just wanted to update them and the old kit has served me well since I started playing 10 years ago.
Good to hear, Now, any recordings or videos we peruse? ;)
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM

excellent set
godly awesome
Old 02-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Good to hear, Now, any recordings or videos we peruse? ;)
I'm actually planning on getting some rough recordings together for a demo for my band pretty soon so yea, they shouldn't be too far off.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 AM

love the kit, my favourite kit i have ever played on was a recording custom. That ride is very high up for my stumpy little arms though.
nice cymbals as well, have you recorded yet?

my band - http://www.myspace.com/thelastdisco
Old 05-31-2007, 03:50 PM
Silver Member

funny you should say that, i'm in the process of getting some prices for us to go and record. i also got confirmation this morning that my custom snare will be done in a couple weeks. that's taken 5 months. i can't wait!!

the ride is high up, i actually tried it like that since i saw both tomas haake and danny carey with it up high and i really like it up there. it's not the best position for crashing on it but to be fair the ride i have is hardly "crashable" so it makes no difference to me. i love my cymbal setup. i've moved stuff around since last pics and it works loads better now. i've taken the 10" splash out as well cos i don't use the splashes much and it has a small crack round the bell.

i'll post some more pics, maybe later tonight. cheers for comments!!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 PM
Platinum Member

Nice looking set! Normally, I'm not a big fan of rack systems, but you've used yours well, mounting a large number of cymbals with relatively little clutter. Very well-organized set.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:16 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Nice looking set! Normally, I'm not a big fan of rack systems, but you've used yours well, mounting a large number of cymbals with relatively little clutter. Very well-organized set.

haha it wasn't intended that way, if it is it's purely by chance. to be honest if i had everything mounted on stands it'd take the best part of an hour to set up, i'm sure of it. as it is i do it in about 20 mins or so which i think is pretty quick. it actually takes longer to put the cymbals on the mounts than to put the rack together.

i seem to have curbed my love of cymbals and drum stuff in general thankfully. i'm playing as much as ever but buying this kit and gettin all the stuff i wanted seems to have cured my uncurable hunger for more drum gear. when i get my alu snare if it's turned out how i want i'm gonna look at a custom bronze one and one of a wood that i haven't decided yet, probably something unusual.

i've also found that following all my health troubles i really seem to have got my form back and coupled with what i've learned music wise in the last few years and the energy i had like 3 years ago, the result is something i'm quite proud of : )
Old 05-28-2008, 10:45 PM

Hey ALL, planning on buying a 10x7.5 Recording custom Tom. I'm not a fan of the Y.E.S.S mounting system, It looks very weak, is it possible to order a tom with the old school mount. My drums were bought in 1989, I would like to keep them all looking the same. Steelanvil
Old 05-28-2008, 11:10 PM

I Have a Black recording custom with a 12,13,16 toms and a 14X22 bass drum. My Question to all ,should I up grade my bass drum to a 16X22? Not a fan of anything above 22 inches ,it feels floppy. Steelanvil