DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Your Place > Your Gear

Your Gear Show your Gear - Pictures - Descriptions

Old 11-13-2006, 02:28 PM
nhzoso

Default Updated pics Sonor 3003

Here is my kit, been almost a year since I posted pics of it and it has come a long way.
I could use some suggestions on cymbal location as I am still toying with locations and placements. I have another stand with a stacker on it but not using at the moment. Also anything else good or bad you want to comment on feel free.

Specs, Sonor 3003
22x17.5 BD
12x10 TT
13x11TT
16x16FT
14x5.5 ludwig supraphonic (awesome)
Aquarian perf.2 heads on toms, Aquarian SK2 on BD, Evans powercenter rev.dot on snare and evans black reso

CYMBALS
12" Paiste 2002 splash
16" Paiste 2002 Crash
18" Paiste 2002 Crash
14" Paiste Signature sound edge hats ( Sweeet)
Sabian B8 Ride (next to upgrade)
12" wuhan china (not in pic because sounds like crap)
Axis BD pedal, (just got off e-bay and still adjusting but like it so far)
Roc n soc hydraulic throne

[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../a11-13-06.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../g11-13-06.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../k11-13-06.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../f11-13-06.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c3.../b11-13-06.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by nhzoso; 01-05-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Updated pics Sonor 3003

WOW!!!
thats a nice bit of kit ya have there

Im back (unofficialy) with Pro.Mark Drumsticks. (TX5ABW)
Old 11-13-2006, 02:40 PM
Silver Member

Nice set you got there. White drums always look very classy to me.
Nice 2002's also, I also play 2002's.
Old 11-13-2006, 03:37 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Just a thought. Those are some pretty dead heads already, so why are you RemO'ing them? I don't imagine the O's would really do that much. I'm not going to do the whole 'single ply preaching' on you because that's all ultimately down to personal taste, but there is a certain point where the drums don't really need to be muffled and I think you might be at that point. I don't mean to be offensive, sorry if I come across as such.

As for cymbal placement, if you're planning to get more cymbals (and why shouldn't you?) then it might be worth considering a rack of some sort. Perhaps you could go to the two floor tom setup and have the ride over where the larger rack tom is instead? I've been doing that for a while now and it's a very convenient setup.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:31 PM
nhzoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Just a thought. Those are some pretty dead heads already, so why are you RemO'ing them? I don't imagine the O's would really do that much. I'm not going to do the whole 'single ply preaching' on you because that's all ultimately down to personal taste, but there is a certain point where the drums don't really need to be muffled and I think you might be at that point. I don't mean to be offensive, sorry if I come across as such.

As for cymbal placement, if you're planning to get more cymbals (and why shouldn't you?) then it might be worth considering a rack of some sort. Perhaps you could go to the two floor tom setup and have the ride over where the larger rack tom is instead? I've been doing that for a while now and it's a very convenient setup.

As long as your not talking politics MFB you don't offend me...LOL. I am still toying with tuning and all not sure I know exactly what I am doing yet on that side. They do sound kinda dead but if I take em off they are really ringy...well check that I just went down and took em off and they are not as bad as I remember them being. I put them on about a week after buying the kit and only took em off to clean and replace heads once or twice. Hmmm thanks they do sound much better now, they do make my snares ring much more though so now I have to play with that but I will leave em off.
I am not sure about these tom heads I think I will go with Coated next time.

I have thought about that as far as the 2 FT set up but this is the only way I have ever played in my brief time doing this so am kinda scared it will be like learning all over again. How much do you think it would cost for a rack/adapter to attach the 13FT to a Cmbal stand?

Thanks for the good comments everyone.

Last edited by nhzoso; 11-13-2006 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:27 PM
Mediocrefunkybeat

Hahahaha it's cool. And there's a good reason never to discuss politics and religion...

It's not actually all that hard at all to adjust. Seriously, I went from your setup to a four piece to a two floor setup and I'm constantly playing on alien sets and setups that I'm not used to (the only thing I prefer consistent are the cymbals, particularly the ride setup). Right now I'm toying with ditching toms full stop and just using a bass, snare, hi hats and a ride.

Learning a new configuration doesn't require that much adjustment, and in all honesty, it might do your playing some good. If you're that worried, give a four piece kit a go and ditch the 13" all together, so you can get used to idea of the ride positioning. Then, if you start to value the ride being there, get the multiclamp. I find practically no real difference between playing a four and a five piece in terms of what I can get out of them.

A rack adapter shouldn't run more than $20. You can get a standard dog bone clamp that will work fine for less, check the Gibraltar website and see what they charge, but I can almost bet that it won't be any more than $20 or so.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Pioneer Member

Absolutely drop dead gorgeous drum set you have there, regarding that ride I agree with MFB, dropping it in the location of the large rack tom is a very comfortable position, however, instead of going to the 2 FT set up, do what I did and put your toms on a stand. This leaves your basic set up in tack (2 up top, one on the floor) while making room to position the ride. Later down the road you could pick up a 14 inch tom and do the 2 FT thing but for now a simple investment in a 400 series Sonor tom stand will take care of those toms. Keep in mind this is only a suggestion and personal taste will prevail.

Animal Life Savers
Old 11-13-2006, 09:54 PM
Pioneer Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediocrefunkybeat View Post

It's not actually all that hard at all to adjust. Seriously, I went from your setup to a four piece to a two floor setup
He speaketh the truth!

I switched about 4 years ago. Went back to original config for a year and hated it and last year I made the permanent switch for good! it takes a little while but afterwards it seems so natural. And having the ride closer is a huge benefit (At least I find it is!!).
Old 11-13-2006, 10:11 PM

nice sonor dude!! i like the color niceeee!!!! did you see my sonor set!!! i did a thread few days ago check it out!!!!
REMO
http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20270
Old 11-13-2006, 10:50 PM

Nice Sonor kit, and a good use of the available space.

Never having heard your drums, I can only guess about their sound, but I have to admit the white REMO-Rings do at least look very cool.

How do you like the 2002s?
Old 11-13-2006, 11:32 PM

Nice kit....How do you like those heads....Durable? They look nice.....Nice finish, too!
Old 11-14-2006, 11:15 AM
nhzoso

Thanks guys, I am happy alot of people like em,

The 2002's are great, so far I love them, Of course I am coming from Sabian B8's so I am not sure if these will be my final cymbals but I got a good deal on them and could'nt refuse. I am looking to get a 22" Paragon ride this xmas since thats the only one I have tested and liked.

The heads are decent, they definetly take a beating and no dents yet, I have been hitting them for about 3 months now. I think I will like them more when I finally replace the reso heads. The reso's are currently stock and I have been told they don't make much of a difference as long as they are 1-ply but ya know how it is I gotta buy the good ones anyway.

My wishlist::
22" paragon
14 or 18" Tom in sparkle white 3003 or 3005 series
cowbell/jam block
18" or bigger china (not wuhan)
I could add alot more but will keep it short for now : )
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 PM

really nice kit, iv got a piece o' session pro, but i still <3 it lol,

p.s. ty for da tabs
Old 06-02-2007, 12:24 AM

yeah Sonor rocks!

I got a 3003 special edition birdseye maple and it sound awsome
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2007, 03:39 AM
Silver Member

Place your cymbals where You feel comfortable with them. Close your eyes. Air drum. Where do you see (in you head) the cymbals? Where do they feel the most natural? THAT'S where you should place them.

BTW Nice kit!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Nothing says "Class" quite like white!!!
Gibraltar Rack