DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:36 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Was anyone in the audience for Fred Armisen's Drummer's Only comedy show?

I tried to watch it last night, didn't get far. Liked seeing all the drum sets tho.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:50 AM

Default Re: Was anyone in the audience for Fred Armisen's Drummer's Only comedy show?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd-Arne Oseberg
you need an IQ below 80 to find this funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
He was pretty clear that this is aimed at drummers as the audience.
Hahaha! That made me laugh.

I generally love Fred Armisen, I haven't seen this yet, just the trailers, looking forward to it. Comedy is about as subjective as it gets.

I don't really consider myself a drummer, so I hope my IQ doesn't ruin it for me.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:56 AM
Silver Member

My wife & daughter loved it and laughed hard. I chuckled a few times. It was a good scene, with a few cute quips aimed at drummers.

It’s obvious Armisen can play, too.
Old 02-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky View Post
I don't really consider myself a drummer, so I hope my IQ doesn't ruin it for me.
Maybe you could find someone who is a drummer that you can watch it with.

That way you can explain all the jokes to him and he might actually find it funny. One has to wonder if all the people here who didn't find it funny should have just watched it with a mental superior, like a guitar player. It's also possible they'll find the jokes funny a few days after posting their response.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Watso View Post
Maybe you could find someone who is a drummer that you can watch it with.

That way you can explain all the jokes to him and he might actually find it funny. One has to wonder if all the people here who didn't find it funny should have just watched it with a mental superior, like a guitar player. It's also possible they'll find the jokes funny a few days after posting their response.
You must be a drummer because there is no mentally superior other than the singer.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 PM
Platinum Member

The thing I didn't like about the show is that it makes it difficult to pretend that making music is a difficult intellectual/artistic achievement.

;-)
Old 03-07-2018, 08:39 PM

I thought it started well but quickly became apparent that he was running out of drum related material.
What was with him rushing through the routine as well? It really didn't have enough material for him to do this. Then he dragged out the accents segment for far too long.

I did enjoy the bass drum pedal sketch.
I feel he could have done so much more with the 'drums through the ages' segment and was disappointed at how quickly he rushed between the kits.

The biggest disappointment of this show was him having Thomas Lang on stage and getting him to play such a tame drum beat! CRIMINAL!

3/10