DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-14-2018, 10:50 PM

Default I am finally making an EP

I have had these 3 songs for a while now with hopes of making an EP and I finally got the process going a couple weeks ago. I wrote and played the guitars and drums and my friend wrote bass parts. I had it all recorded already for demoing to myself and am now in the process of re-doing it all proper.

For the demo stuff I recorded guitars to a click, had my buddy add bass then I used that to come up with drums parts. Once I felt the drum parts where ready I took the original guitars and bass that was recorded to a click and rendered that to wav and dumped it into a new project. I used that as a scratch track to record new drums along with a click to then started working on guitars.

Im about 70% complete now and hope to have it all done by next weekend. Then if I can find someone good Id like to have them mix it. If not Ill take a crack at it, we'll see.

I made a couple little videos showing how I am recording this stuff. A poor presentation of nerdy gear talk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHkS8WhZOSc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpDDtb69RIc
Old 01-21-2018, 08:28 PM

Default Re: I am finally making an EP

I finished guitars! The bassist will be by Wednesday after work to track his parts then on to mixing. Im really happy with how everything is turning out so far. Here is a little sample, just raw audio tracks, no processing, just volume and pan adjustments(I did reverse the beginning for the intro).

The drums will make more sense once the bass is recorded. For now though:
Attached Files
File Type: mp3 Two Guitars TEASE RAW TRACKS.mp3 (3.43 MB, 31 views)