DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Silver Member

Default SKF Blog Audio: Paul T. Riddle - The Influence of Joe Morello

SKF Blog Audio: Paul T. Riddle - The Influence of Joe Morello

SKF NOTE: This excerpt is Paul T. Riddle talking with me about the Dave Brubeck Quartet's Greatest Hits album. Specifically, Paul talks about Joe Morello's playing and sound and the influence Morello with the Brubeck Quartet had on Paul's drumming. Click Here for the Audio Excerpt.

I don't remember the exact purpose of this interview. My best guess? I had a concept for a magazine feature where well-known drummers would talk a bit about key records and musicians that influenced them. And also, to talk about songs on their own albums that they really liked.

I'm sure Paul and I were talking from our homes. Although my idea never got off the ground, I do have my taped conversations with Paul T. Riddle circa 1982. And Paul's recorded thoughts on drummers and records that influenced him should be of interest to Marshall Tucker Band fans, Paul's many drum students, and to rock n' roll historians.

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals http://scottkfish.com