DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:53 PM

Default Sonor Prolite pice

Hi guys. I’m looking at downsizing my setup sure to a house move and am considering selling my 7 piece Sonor Prolite kit.

It’s silver sparkle (with silver hardware) with 20” kick, 8”, 10” and 12” rack toms, 14” and 16” floor toms and 14” snare.

It’s never been gigged so is immaculate and has only ever been in my heated, dehumidified basement.

I also have a full set of brand new Ahead cases for the kit.

What sort of price should I be looking at if I decide to sell?
Old 11-02-2017, 01:23 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Sonor Prolite pice

I don't know what country or area you might be in, but a silver sparkle Prolite set in 10,12,16,22 is selling new for $3000 on sale at Drumcenter NH.

Figure the price of an 8,14 and matching snare new, and depreciate it based on how fast you want to sell it. If it's a good deal, someone will buy it quickly.

I'll make a general guess at $3200. A little less to sell faster, or a little more to wait for a person who wants those sizes used. Silver sparkle should be a popular choice, so it might sell fast.

I recently bought a used set of Pearl Reference Pure with 10,12,16,22 and soft cases and some hardware, in very nice condition for $1500.
They go for $3300 new, not on sale, but that's the going price.

Sonor is a bit more pedigreed, so they might catch the desires of someone looking for them.
Old 11-02-2017, 01:29 AM
Silver Member

GC's used site has a 10, 12, 14, 22 one for $1999. They originally had it at $2699 it looks like.
Old 11-02-2017, 11:16 PM
JohnoWorld

I sold mine in nussbaum finish 10,12,14,20 for £1500 via classified best offer ad.

I got 3 offers for that exact same amount so might be worth building your price from there if you're in the UK as that's what people seem to want to pay. 2k with snare I would say

I kept my 14x6.5 die cast matching snare though. Obviously :)