DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Drums

Drums All about Drums and Drum Kits

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09-12-2017, 04:36 PM
LeftySlammer92 LeftySlammer92 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Default Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Hey everyone,

So after going through kit after kit looking for the right sound, I ended up coming across a good deal on some Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums in the Satin Aztec Gold finish with smoked black nickel hardware.

Everything about this kit is amazing except for the fact that I can't seem to find any component drums for this finish. Rupps is usually reliable for having any kind of individual drums, but they only offer the shell pack. I got the 10x8, 12x9, 16x14, 22x18 pack and wanted to add a 14x12.

If anyone knows anything about where I can order one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Wave Deckel Wave Deckel is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,004
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

You probably have to order the floortom at Tama, it is unlikely that any vendor will have it readily available in stock. You should contact e.g. Rupps or Sweetwater, so they can order the tom directly at Tama for you. It can take a few months though until you get the floortom.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-12-2017, 05:24 PM
Artstar's Avatar
Artstar Artstar is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,787
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftySlammer92 View Post
Hey everyone,

So after going through kit after kit looking for the right sound, I ended up coming across a good deal on some Tama Starclassic Bubinga drums in the Satin Aztec Gold finish with smoked black nickel hardware.

Everything about this kit is amazing except for the fact that I can't seem to find any component drums for this finish. Rupps is usually reliable for having any kind of individual drums, but they only offer the shell pack. I got the 10x8, 12x9, 16x14, 22x18 pack and wanted to add a 14x12.

If anyone knows anything about where I can order one, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Nice choice of drums ! Rupps does'nt update for finishes too often so it's not going to be on the website.... so just call them and order it. Or did you call ??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-13-2017, 04:35 AM
incrementalg incrementalg is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,235
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Post some pics when you can!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-13-2017, 06:19 AM
mike d mike d is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 510
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

I'm not sure about that particular drum/finish, but I just received a new 18" tom for my Performer B/B SIB kit. I ordered through Forks Drum Closet. Yogi, is the guy I contacted there, and he is active on the Tama Forums.
Here's a link to the thread.
It was a 5 month wait (well worth it), and the match was exact, the drum was perfect, and the sound exceeded my expectations!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-13-2017, 08:19 AM
RobertM RobertM is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,792
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

The folks at Forks are quite reliable and will get the add-on drum for you no problem. It may take a couple of months, though, like others here said.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-13-2017, 06:17 PM
zenghost zenghost is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 162
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike d View Post
I'm not sure about that particular drum/finish, but I just received a new 18" tom for my Performer B/B SIB kit. I ordered through Forks Drum Closet. Yogi, is the guy I contacted there, and he is active on the Tama Forums.
Here's a link to the thread.
It was a 5 month wait (well worth it), and the match was exact, the drum was perfect, and the sound exceeded my expectations!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertM View Post
The folks at Forks are quite reliable and will get the add-on drum for you no problem. It may take a couple of months, though, like others here said.
I can vouch for Yogi/Fork's as he has been able to quickly get me accurate info on Made in Japan Starclassic options about which i was previously unaware. I pm'ed him on the Tama forum - very helpful.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:40 PM
LeftySlammer92 LeftySlammer92 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 53
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Thanks everyone,

I contacted a few different guys to get a quote, and so far it looks like Forks is the cheapest, so when I can get around to ordering it, that's probably what I'll do.

I just got the rack toms in yesterday (apparently they shipped them separately) and I have to say I'm thoroughly impressed with the way these drums sound. It took me maybe 10 minutes to get them tuned where I wanted them, and only really had to use my Tune-Bot for some slight tweaks to the lugs. And clear G2's aren't even my head of choice. They pack a punch, and they're full of this amazing tone. I'm so much happier than I was with the DW.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-15-2017, 04:52 PM
Mongrel's Avatar
Mongrel Mongrel is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Jersey, USA
Posts: 603
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

I may be late...but I was able to get add-ons for my Starclassic Performers from Dales Drum Shop. Not special order, but they had a lot of "orphans" and I waited until they had what I needed.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-15-2017, 11:40 PM
steadypocket steadypocket is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 911
Default Re: Tama Starclassic Bubinga Components

Dale's is one of Tama's biggest dealers. If that drum is in the States, they'll get one for you. If it's necessary to special order from the factory, they'll work with Tama to make that happen. Ask for Reji.

Congratulations on the kit. That finish paired with the new hardware color is breathtaking. I own three Tama bubinga kits so I'm familiar with those drums. You made a wise choice.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com