DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 08-16-2017, 08:00 PM

Default Attended a performance last Sunday

The big draws were Cheap Trick and Foreigner but Jason Bonham opened the show with his own band playing Led Zeppelin tunes and brothers and sisters I was rocked out of my wheelchair, well, not literally but if I could I would have jumped up and shook my booty all over the place. He opened with Rock and Roll but he stuck mainly to Zepp's later material and it was a performance that I would never never forget.

Cheap Trick also showed some serious chops-Daxx Nielsen played very well but I was blown away by Tom Petersson's 12 string bass on which he performed a very cool solo. He didn't shred the bass like a Les Claypool but it was a classy performance nonetheless.

Foreigner's drummer-don't know if it was Schulman or someone else-played with showmanship that was entertaining to watch but it didn't
'"wow" me.

All in all it was worth the price of admission. Cheers
Old 08-16-2017, 08:18 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Attended a performance last Sunday

Cool man, I think I'm seeing that same show in a bit less than a month. Got VIP box and backstage lined up as well I believe too so should be a fun evening.

Was a bit apprehensive about the zepp experience to be honest. Zepp was one of those bands that I've almost never heard covered well... They had a sound and way of playing that was not easy to cop.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:32 PM
Administrator - Mayor

Schulman has played with Foriegner in the past. It may ver well have been him.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:33 PM

I probably thought similarly about a Zepp experience but I'm here to testify his singer sounds just like Robert Plant and their interpretation of the Zepp catalogue-limited as it was-was spot on. I did close my eyes to just listen and it was an experience.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:09 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumlove65 View Post
I probably thought similarly about a Zepp experience but I'm here to testify his singer sounds just like Robert Plant and their interpretation of the Zepp catalogue-limited as it was-was spot on. I did close my eyes to just listen and it was an experience.
That's good to hear, and I'm officially going in with my ears and mind open. I'm just there to enjoy music!

Foreigner is one of my guilty childhood pleasures as well so I'm actually looking forward to that quite a bit. You might even say it's got me hot blooded!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:33 PM

Again, Kelly Hansen, lead singer of Foreigner, sounds just like the original. They played a long set compared to the other acts and it was cool though Foreigner was never my kind of go to band to listen to coming up when I did but they did play 'Dirty White Boy' which for my money is a rockin song.
Old 08-17-2017, 01:56 AM
Platinum Member

The bands are coming to Albuquerque next Wednesday (8/23). Unfortunately, I don't think I'll get a chance to go to the concert. :(