DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 11:45 PM

Default Other drum forum - warning

I was banned from the site drumforum.org after I was scammed by a seller on there, and also threatened by him because I asked him for a tracking number. After I got my money back from paypal, drum forum banned me. HA They are complete hypocrites. They started removing any of my posts calling out the guy who scammed me. I didnt use any foul language or anything like that. Just simply stated facts. Theyre like cnn and the msm. They censor you and remove any post because they dont agree w you.
At least I got my money back.

Last edited by Judge; 07-19-2017 at 11:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:39 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Other drum forum - warning

Good to hear you were refunded. Athough you're obviously correct about the media in your analogy, it's impossible for us to know the whole story regarding your ban, due to your posts being scrubbed.

I've never been over there anyway.
Old 07-20-2017, 12:48 AM

As far as I'm concerned, I've been on there very rarely but I've never made an account there because I much prefer it here than I would over there.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:39 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Theyre like cnn and the msm. They censor you and remove any post because they dont agree w you.
The rest of your post is definitely a shitty situation, but what the hell does that statement have to do with anything?
Old 07-20-2017, 11:54 AM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafroggys View Post
The rest of your post is definitely a shitty situation, but what the hell does that statement have to do with anything?
As a UK resident I think I'm unqualified to speak of CNN (having said that are they the news organisation that recently "staged" the background in a report from London and handed out pre made placards for the newly installed crowd to hold up) , however I can see where the OP is coming from with his Mainstream Media comment. I'm not even a paid up member of the "tin foil hat" brigade, but over recent months I've seen how some stories are reported in the media (the types of language used) to shine a specific political slant on them, how other stories go unreported which in itself is a manipulation of the news, and how a story that I had an admittedly peripheral connection to was "spun" in such a way that it appeared that the public were holding one opinion of it whereas most people held the opposite view. I've also seen downright manufactured lies (not accidental misinterpretations) passed off as fact, the retractions never making the splash of the original news item.
Wow, heavy stuff for a Thursday morning!
Old 07-20-2017, 12:43 PM
Silver Member

Well, you got your money back so no real harm done in the end.

I'll put a positive spin on this story if you don't mind. It just goes to show how grateful we all can be for DW Forum.

I think it really is the best of the lot, that's why I joined.

I don't easily commit to things or people, I usually take my time. I started out by doing Google searches for drum info when I picked up playing again. After about a year I realised that the DW forum was the one for me. 9 times out of ten I'd find the most helpful and in-depth info here. I like the way people interact here and how the forum is managed (thanks mods).

So, I guess I'm saying "three hip hip hoorays for DW Forum"!

Here's hoping that this thread will continue in this sentiment instead of becoming an outlet for other off-topic issues...
Old 07-20-2017, 01:13 PM
Platinum Member

I've been a happy member here since '09.

The one thing I've really admired about this place in that time, is that we are on the whole, pretty much drama free. I know other forums aren't. But I'm not a member of other forums. I'm a proud member here. And as such, I've always been thankful that this place is as it is.

It pains me to see issues on other forums brought over here. The last time I saw "forum wars" explode, was because someone shit canned someone else on another forum. The aggrieved party then proceeded to send his minions over here and it caused all sorts of angst. It was just pitiful. Grade school playground type shit that was unbecoming of everyone involved.

I'm sorry you were torched on another forum. I genuinely mean that. If I could do anything to reverse the course of history and ensure you weren't, believe me I would. But I can't. Neither can anyone else.

So the question remains. It occurred there. Not here. So why bring it here? What will it ultimately achieve?
Old 07-20-2017, 04:05 PM

Who was the seller or what was the purchase? I'm a member there and I've made several purchases. If I need to avoid someone I'd like to know who.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:28 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Stand View Post
Well, you got your money back so no real harm done in the end.

I'll put a positive spin on this story if you don't mind. It just goes to show how grateful we all can be for DW Forum.

I think it really is the best of the lot, that's why I joined.

I don't easily commit to things or people, I usually take my time. I started out by doing Google searches for drum info when I picked up playing again. After about a year I realised that the DW forum was the one for me. 9 times out of ten I'd find the most helpful and in-depth info here. I like the way people interact here and how the forum is managed (thanks mods).

So, I guess I'm saying "three hip hip hoorays for DW Forum"!

Here's hoping that this thread will continue in this sentiment instead of becoming an outlet for other off-topic issues...
What a great attitude this is.

Thanks for that.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Administrator - Mayor

Reading the first post, I understand being "scammed" causing a problem. But I think you and that forum would have been best served if you would have kept the dispute private and not brought into the open. You have to be careful in how you handle a situation in an open setting, not knowing what the relationship is between the seller and the other forum members. Seems to me that once you got your refund, you could have dropped it rather than continue the battle, even if just to warn other forum members. We try, here, to keep the drama out because it solves nothing. State your problem in a non-personal, finger pointing way and look for advice. Removal of some posts may have been that those posts violated forum rules and had nothing to do with taking sides. Read our forum rules and you will see a few things there that could get you banned or sent on a small vacation. And repeated violations will go beyond warning and vacation to a permanent ban.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:34 PM
Administrator - Mayor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElectricCompany View Post
Who was the seller or what was the purchase? I'm a member there and I've made several purchases. If I need to avoid someone I'd like to know who.
And you can send this info to the requester by PM and not openly here. Thanks.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:20 PM

Drum forums are a hit n miss. Depends on the guy that [owns] it, and what frame of mind he,s in at that time. I,ve seen guys doing serious verbal battles on a few and its hilarious to see. No one knows what the other guy looks like, but they talk like they want to kill each other
Move on and let the egotistical warriors work it out.;But it is funny. Life is far to short for kiddie games....Unfortunately there is always a rotten apple in these situations, but like Bermuda says its a different climate. DFO is top heavy in the ego dept, so its not for me.

Last edited by sonormapex; 07-20-2017 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Different forums have different climates, even where then dealing with the same members. There's a protocol they tend to follow depending where they post, and member behavior is subject to a large extent by fair and consistent moderation. That's not to say things are smooth here because the mods are heavy-handed, but there's a clear non-tolerance for members who act like jerks. In Drumforum, the moderation is looser, always has been, and that permits a different level of behavior and respect. I was a regular member there for some time, and bailed because of the attitudes that prevailed. I later returned, and bailed again. Nothing had changed. Chris Jensen runs things over there and he's a good guy, but the forum isn't for everyone. Every forum has its own flavor.

Bermuda
Old 07-20-2017, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruntersDad View Post
And you can send this info to the requester by PM and not openly here. Thanks.
ok yes no problem there. I wouldnt post here it anyway
Old 07-20-2017, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Reading the first post, I understand being "scammed" causing a problem. But I think you and that forum would have been best served if you would have kept the dispute private and not brought into the open. You have to be careful in how you handle a situation in an open setting, not knowing what the relationship is between the seller and the other forum members. Seems to me that once you got your refund, you could have dropped it rather than continue the battle, even if just to warn other forum members. We try, here, to keep the drama out because it solves nothing. State your problem in a non-personal, finger pointing way and look for advice. Removal of some posts may have been that those posts violated forum rules and had nothing to do with taking sides. Read our forum rules and you will see a few things there that could get you banned or sent on a small vacation. And repeated violations will go beyond warning and vacation to a permanent ban.
Actually I wasnt the one who brought it in the open. The seller did first so I had to defend myself
Old 07-20-2017, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
I've been a happy member here since '09.

The one thing I've really admired about this place in that time, is that we are on the whole, pretty much drama free. I know other forums aren't. But I'm not a member of other forums. I'm a proud member here. And as such, I've always been thankful that this place is as it is.

It pains me to see issues on other forums brought over here. The last time I saw "forum wars" explode, was because someone shit canned someone else on another forum. The aggrieved party then proceeded to send his minions over here and it caused all sorts of angst. It was just pitiful. Grade school playground type shit that was unbecoming of everyone involved.

I'm sorry you were torched on another forum. I genuinely mean that. If I could do anything to reverse the course of history and ensure you weren't, believe me I would. But I can't. Neither can anyone else.

So the question remains. It occurred there. Not here. So why bring it here? What will it ultimately achieve?
Agreed, This is definitely the better forum. I just had to vent somewhere about it. My apologies for bringing it here.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:07 PM
Silver Member

Still wondering why this is here and how it is really doing anyone any good-on either forum?

Close it...kill it...delete it...

(Just an old dog's opinion)
Old 07-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
You have to be careful in how you handle a situation in an open setting, not knowing what the relationship is between the seller and the other forum members. Seems to me that once you got your refund, you could have dropped it rather than continue the battle, even if just to warn other forum members.
A wise man once said:

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, then make a change."

Of course, he then said:

"Eeee-Heee! Shamone! Ya-Know! Woooooo! Na-Na-Na!"
Old 07-20-2017, 09:37 PM

My experiences at DFO have been very positive. Not sure the other side of the story or why you were banned in the first place, but I don't think it is a representation of the dfo forum as a whole.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
Still wondering why this is here and how it is really doing anyone any good-on either forum?

Close it...kill it...delete it...

(Just an old dog's opinion)
because they wont let me defend myself there, Im doing it here, since I figure most people here know of that place and many may be subscribed there as well
thanks
Old 07-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
because they wont let me defend myself there, Im doing it here, since I figure most people here know of that place and many may be subscribed there as well
thanks
Defending yourself? Against what? How do we even know who you are over there? (There is no "Judge" registered as a member).

No one here is directly involved in your dispute or has inside knowledge of it as far as I can tell. You had a problem with a seller, you were banned, you ran over here and badmouthed the admins (and by extension the membership) of DFO.

Like I said, I just don't see it as a positive thing for either forum or their members....

I am a member at DFO and just like here there are a lot of good people over there as well and your post does not really present an accurate picture of what goes on there on a regular basis. Honestly it leads me to believe there is more to this than we have heard....

But I don't have a dog in the race so I'm out...
Old 07-20-2017, 11:11 PM
Platinum Member

This is a cryptic thread, devoid of particulars.
There's already 21 posts going nowhere.
Old 07-20-2017, 11:36 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyY View Post
There's already 21 posts going nowhere.
Are we there yet?

Old 07-20-2017, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongrel View Post
Defending yourself? Against what? How do we even know who you are over there? (There is no "Judge" registered as a member).

No one here is directly involved in your dispute or has inside knowledge of it as far as I can tell. You had a problem with a seller, you were banned, you ran over here and badmouthed the admins (and by extension the membership) of DFO.

Like I said, I just don't see it as a positive thing for either forum or their members....

I am a member at DFO and just like here there are a lot of good people over there as well and your post does not really present an accurate picture of what goes on there on a regular basis. Honestly it leads me to believe there is more to this than we have heard....

But I don't have a dog in the race so I'm out...
OK thanks for your input. Have a great day
Old 07-21-2017, 12:06 AM
Administrator - Mayor

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.