DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-19-2017, 11:09 AM

Default Roland td15 or td25 module?

Hello and thanks for your help. I have been drumming for 5 yrs and own a Roland td4 with upgraded pads and cymbals that I have bought used off eBay. My question is: I have been looking at both the td15 module and td25 module on eBay used and both are around the same price. I would like to know which one you would get? Also, I am looking to upgrade my ride cymbal to something bigger. Any suggestions? The new CY-18 doesn't hook up to those modules so I'm looking at a Pintech visulite 18". I live in an apt in LA so noise is a factor.

Thanks!!!

Last edited by Sisrfite; 01-20-2017 at 04:16 AM.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:08 AM

Default Re: Roland td15 or td25 module?

TD25. It's new and pretty speedy on triggering. I use mine only with Superior drummer and I do not notice any latency. And I used to have a td20 and it is noticeably faster than that kit.

The only thing is that the bass pad sucks. It is very unstable with a double pedal. So I actually have an old ddrum pad behind it with towels on it. Keeps it steady.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:11 AM

But if you use the sounds in the box you cannot have two different cymbals on one pad. And you cannot use a rim of a tom for something else. But if you trigger superior drummer, you can use whatever sound on anything.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:44 AM
Silver Member

Don't mean to hijack your research process but if you ultimately decide on a TD-15 I have one soon up for sale complete with the original box.

I'll see if I can chime back with a forum thread on the main differences but I do know the TD-25 has less onboard sounds and is a little locked down with the way you can do head/rim assignments.

Ironically I was looking to get a module for gigging and between the TD-11, 15, and 25 got the 15. Nice little form factor too.