DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Drum Gear > Electronic Drums

Electronic Drums All about Electronic Drums

Old 09-07-2014, 08:33 PM

Default Help at choosing electric drum set!

I want a drum set with 4-5 cymbals, hihat and ride, 4 toms, snare and double bass pedals, so in other words suitable for metal music.
Can you suggest something in the price range of 1000€ to 1500€?
Also if you can tell me something about how i can add cymbals to an electric kit, that'd be great. thanks in advance.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:38 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Help at choosing electric drum set!

In that price range and requirements, you'll be limited. In your budget, you could get an Alesis DM10 and add a couple of cymbals. It has enough inputs.

However, you won't find a double bass pedal included with any kit. You'll have to buy one separately.

Shopping used might stretch your budget, so you may want to look into that.

How I expanded my drumkit was by adding a Gen 16 cymbal set: that's a crash, ride and hi-hat. They work quite well.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggae_Mangle View Post
In that price range and requirements, you'll be limited. In your budget, you could get an Alesis DM10 and add a couple of cymbals. It has enough inputs.

However, you won't find a double bass pedal included with any kit. You'll have to buy one separately.

Shopping used might stretch your budget, so you may want to look into that.

How I expanded my drumkit was by adding a Gen 16 cymbal set: that's a crash, ride and hi-hat. They work quite well.
How much you think a decent set would cost then? I'm ready to put a lot of money in it. I'm pretty noob in these things, so any help is appreciated. Thx for the reply dude.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:12 PM

First of all, do your research! It's always better to know it yourself than to ask others.

Second, the yamaha DTX5** series are in your price range and the Roland TD11 (KV) also.

In almost all the ekits you can use the hi hat pedal as a second bass pedal.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro View Post
In almost all the ekits you can use the hi hat pedal as a second bass pedal.
Not exactly sure what you're saying there, but the hi-hat that came with my DTX-562 is a real working hi-hat that has e-cymbals on it. I'm pretty sure I could replace the e-cymbals with actual cymbals and have a perfectly good acoustic hi-hat. I suppose you could somehow program the hi-hat click to make a bass drum sound, but it would look and feel ridiculous and have some other compromises as well. A much better alternative would be to simply get a double pedal for the bass pad.
Attached Images

Old 10-13-2014, 06:23 PM

@ Bobrush:

Like you said, you can use program the hihatclick into a bass drum, but if you need and the hihat pedal and a double bass drum, you have to buy another pedal.

maybe you can use a double pedal with your bass drum pad, but i don't know if the yamaha is big enough.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Silver Member

If I could afford it, I'd have gotten a Yamaha or Roland kit but the Alesis DM10 Studio offers more bang for the buck than anything else out there. I also took it a step further with mine and converted them to use mesh heads. I cut up a yoga mat for the extra padding and got the Pearl Muffle Heads. It was very cheap and easy to do and somehow actually improved the sensitivity.
BTW, the DM10 Studio comes with a kick, 4-8" dual zone toms, 1-10" dual zone snare, 2 crashes (1 of which can be grabbed to choke), a 3 zone ride (very nice), and hi-hat with foot pedal. For $800, nothing even comes close.