DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > Off Topic Lounge

Off Topic Lounge All Discussions Not Related To Drumming

Old 07-31-2014, 07:43 PM

Default Re: Sneeze dilema

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Mile View Post
This is it for me. If this makes you that uncomfortable, you're in for a rough ride in life.
I stated before that I know it sounds petty. I just thought to mention it in this section, just imagining we are all around a campfire shooting the shit you know? Im not going to lose sleep or quit jobs because of it. Just wanna know how everyone else feels/deals/ and what not.

It did make me uncomfortable at first, but once this thread took off, I saw its better to shrug it off.

Quote:
DrummerWorld, where no topic is too trivial. Love this thread Joe
Thanks larry! I try haha.

Everyone has great ways of approaching this situation. And its just that! An everyday situation and not a dilemma (woops).
Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyruleherojoe View Post
I stated before that I know it sounds petty. I just thought to mention it in this section, just imagining we are all around a campfire shooting the shit you know? Im not going to lose sleep or quit jobs because of it. Just wanna know how everyone else feels/deals/ and what not.

It did make me uncomfortable at first, but once this thread took off, I saw its better to shrug it off.
Well I have to admit, being surrounded by a lot of holy rollers would drive me crazy. We all have our trigger points, right? I know I have mine!
Old 07-31-2014, 11:16 PM

You should worry more about covering your sneeze- either with a tissue or your sleeve- than what anybody says afterwards.

Have any of your coworkers ever chastised you for not saying "God bless you" or for not having religious decorations in your workspace? In other words, have they ever pressured you to behave differently in order to accommodate their beliefs? If they have, that's inappropriate. If they haven't, then appreciate that they are letting you believe what you believe and let them do the same.

Regardless of the content, blasting the radio in an office is rude. Most places I've worked have encouraged headphones. Ask your supervisor about wearing headphones because your coworker's radio distracts you. This frames the problem as a workplace productivity issue instead of an ideological disagreement. It also shows that you are willing to to adapt and find a solution.